PDA

View Full Version : International Artist mag

Bringer
04-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Hi,

I skimmed through its last issue and I can tell you that I found it to be quite good. It has some articles about pastel, namely from Nicora Gangi.

Best regards,

Josť

Tracy Lang
04-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Hi Jose,

I've bought the last two issues of this magazine and love it, so I just ordered a subscription. It seems to have great pastel coverage (the last two issues had articles by Harley Brown) as well as interesting articles in all other media. Also, each issue (it's published bimonthly) has an art challenge featuring a different subject and the prizes are quite decent! Of all the "art" magazines I've looked at, this seems to be the most substantial.

Regards,
Tracy

E-J
04-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi Josť. I have a subscription to International Artist and find it quite inspiring. The reason the pastel coverage is so good is, I believe, because they used to publish a separate International Pastel Artist magazine, and when they decided to drop that, they needed to make sure the pastellists among their readership were kept happy. In any case, it's certainly one of the more substantial artists' magazines and always worth buying for its pastel content.

KA Obee
04-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Members of the Portrait Socitey of America get a subscription to that magazine with the membership. It is one of the main reasons I keep my membership up to date.
KA

kennychaffin
05-23-2006, 07:42 AM
Interesting, I'll check it out more closely. I just picked up "Harley Brown's eternal truths for everey artist" and am reading through it to stimulate and learn.

KAC

Tressa
05-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Yes, I love Harley Brown!!!
If you don't get this mag, you should!!
Tres

Mike_Beeman
05-23-2006, 11:31 AM
This is one of two magazines I really enjoy...the other is the Pastel Journal!
Mike

Donna A
05-23-2006, 06:09 PM
I've subscribed to this for several years and really enjoy it as well. A different way of approaching articles on art, as well. I've been covered in the magazine twice. I think they have a great way of sharing with the artists! Donna ;-}

Pat Isaac
05-23-2006, 07:53 PM
An excellent magazine and well worth subscribing to. That is right E-J about the pastel section. I think they had that other mag for about a year before they incorporated them. Harley Brown is great.

Pat

johndill01
05-23-2006, 08:31 PM
I just picked up my first copy of International Artist and was quite impressed with their coverage of different styles and media. Makes it a magazine that one wants to read and then reread again.

Also liked the articles by Harley Brown. Great stuff.

John

watergirl
05-24-2006, 12:57 AM
Agree that it is excellent! So much interesting info!