PDA

View Full Version : SND - Medievel girl with Falcon

artdudette
02-26-2002, 11:27 PM
I didn't make it until Midnight on Sunday, but managed to sneak in time here and there until I figured I'd hit about two hours in total. I used a grid, as you can see, because I wanted to get the proportions right, and I thought it might help me do the features better.

This is one of the first colored pencils I've tried, especially with a person in it, I wanted to see what they could do for the shadows on her dress and I really like them.

Unfortunately, all my 'little' faces look horrible, I haven't mastered the art of fine features, she kind of reminds me of the ogre princess in Shrek! (poor girl)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Feb-2002/medgirl.jpg

:rolleyes:

digistyle
02-27-2002, 12:04 AM
Welcome to WC, artdudette! I see that you have the patience to grid your work. I've gotta make myself do that sometime. I'm always eyballin' stuff and regretting it later :). Good job with the cp's. I'm still fighting that battle and most times, the cp's win!

digistyle

Caron
02-27-2002, 02:02 PM
lol...I didnt think that until you said that! I think you did a great job! I too chose to do her-the dress really was inspirational and you did a fine job with it as well as the rest!!
BTW-Welcome to WC and glad you found the draw!! They are a really fun thing to take part in:)