PDA

View Full Version : Jim Markle Pastel Easelbox?

KA Obee
04-19-2006, 09:30 PM
I saw the "Jim Markle Pastel Easelbox" advertised on page 20 of the Pastel journal this month. I'm intrigued... Has anyone seen or tried one? Does anyone out there own one?
The ad reads "Made for pastel plein air painting. Holds your pastels, paper and functions as your easel with any camera tripod. Ideal for traveling. For brochure, e-mail:
[email protected] or call 616-458-8559
It looks like it might be a good solution to the pastel plein air issue, so I'm curious about pricing, etc.
... I think I'll e-mail right now for a brochure.
KA

bjcpaints
04-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Please let us know what you find out!

KA Obee
04-23-2006, 09:14 PM
I just got the brochure by e-mail. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to forward it on.
The easelbox looks beautiful and well thought out, but it is $300. A little out of my price range as I just bought a Heilman box a few months ago.
He has a special right now, for $474 you can get the box and a special 78 stick landscape set of GA's. I think if I were going to splurge on the box, I might do the special. But both are out of my range for the moment anyway. I think I'm going to pick up a Guerilla box for my watercolors and when I want to work in pastel I'll just switch up the box a bit, and limit the number of pastels I bring.
Maybe when i become a famous artist and start making money with my work, I'll pick up one of Jim's boxes! (I can dream, can't I?)
KA

jim markle
04-25-2006, 10:41 PM
I saw the "Jim Markle Pastel Easelbox" advertised on page 20 of the Pastel journal this month. I'm intrigued... Has anyone seen or tried one? Does anyone out there own one?
The ad reads "Made for pastel plein air painting. Holds your pastels, paper and functions as your easel with any camera tripod. Ideal for traveling. For brochure, e-mail:
[email protected] or call 616-458-8559
It looks like it might be a good solution to the pastel plein air issue, so I'm curious about pricing, etc.
... I think I'll e-mail right now for a brochure.
KA

Check out letter to the editor on page 8 of the May issue of the Pastel Journal from an owner of the Jim Markle Pastel Easelbox. They love it!

KA Obee
04-25-2006, 10:49 PM
Hi Jim!
Thanks for stopping in and checking out the post. Your box looks beautiful!
KA

Tressa
04-26-2006, 07:08 AM
Jim, I would love to get one of your boxes also, but like Ka, am a bit short right now!! I am hoping to get one in the near future though!!!
Glad to see you on WC!!!
Tres

cswaterworth
09-18-2008, 05:11 PM
I've just send Jim an email requesting a brochure. Looks like a great set-up. I'll post a reply if I order one and report on the makemanship.
Carey