PDA

View Full Version : 1st post- A Cadel "F"

Flurkiele
04-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Hello, all. I've followed forums on this site before, but now that there is a calligraphy forum, I'm psyched! :) Lettering and decoration of the page are my specialties. One of my favorite styles is the cadel. I imagine you've all heard of these, but if not, they are initials rendered in broadpen making use of angular knot work. This was photographed out of my practice book. I drew it with ballpoint pen on plain old lined paper. The picture is magnified three or four times to show all the detail. I'm using photobucket until I figure out the attacher, I hope that's ok.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Flurken/fcadel.jpg

CPM
04-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Nice job. I like this one. - Chris

Jakeally
04-26-2006, 01:38 PM
I really like Cadel. It just flows so nicely. Good job on this:clap: :clap:

Minoteus
09-14-2006, 07:41 AM
One question pls, someone know where i found a complete Cadel calligraphic font? I have found only single letters but not a complete set.

Thanx
Robert

Alex22
09-14-2006, 11:33 PM
One question pls, someone know where i found a complete Cadel calligraphic font? I have found only single letters but not a complete set.

Thanx
Robert

I think there aren't complete sets,because they aren't all the same.It depends on the artist.The cadel F shown above is really good,but I have found cadels F's with a different style,or more elaborated,or less elaborated,different strokes,etc.It would be an interesting idea of creating your own set.Maybe I will...