PDA

View Full Version : Featured Plus Changed

kjsspot
02-26-2002, 02:27 PM
Hi ya'll. If you haven't noticed, Ebay switch midstream for us with the Featured Plus items. No fair warning at all. Anyone that has a currently running featured plus auction is NOT getting what they paid for!

I am trying to find the link where I can request a credit to my account as they did not deliver what I paid for. I cannot locate this link! Can anyone direct me?

Here is the announcement from Ebay:

***Featured Items in Search & Listings***

As part of the recent addition of the "Buy It Now" tab, we changed the way Featured Items are displayed in Listings to match the way they are displayed in Search results.

Currently, when searching for items, Featured Items are displayed based on the sort order. In other words, if the items are sorted by "newly listed", the system will display the top 50 results under newly listed and any Featured Items among those 50 items will be displayed at the top of the page. The next 50 items will display on the next page, and any Featured Items among those 50 will be displayed at the top of the page, and so on.

Until this point, Listings results displayed all Featured Items at the top of the first page, regardless of the sort order and how many Featured Items there were. This often meant that the first page, or even multiple pages, of Listings consisted only of Featured Items, making it difficult to gain exposure for a single Featured Item.

With this change, all Listings and Search results will display the same way.

Regards,
eBay

kjsspot
02-26-2002, 02:46 PM
Found it! Here is a link:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetGSWebFormShow&subjecttier1=Billing

And here is the letter I sent:

Hi. My ID is KerryJo. I have two auctions currently on Featured Plus. I am no longer getting what I paid for, exposure. I feel very angry that Ebay did not give fair warning of this change. Ebay has severely changed the game plan for advertising and selling for Ebay Sellers.

I do not see how you can legally change something so that we are not receiving the status for which we paid.

Please issue me a credit or refund for my two Featured Plus items #1515621461 & #1517749320. I would greatly appreciate this credit or refund but feel that I should not have to request it. Ebay legally needs to issue a credit to ANYONE that paid for the Featured Plus auction and did not receive it.

Extremely dissatisfied and hoping you will correct, not only this monetary situation, but the whole new idea that is worthless. Thank you very much for your prompt attention to this matter.

Ginette
02-26-2002, 04:46 PM
This may be helpful.

TO REQUEST REFUNDS from EBAY go to
http://www.auctionguild.com/generic.html?pid=33
Don't take NO for an answer; keep requesting until you get them.
http://www.auctionguild.com/generic.html?pid=17
If you don't get your refunds complain to the BBB Online at
http://www.bbbsilicon.org/index.htm
And also file a complaint with the FTC
https://www.ftc.gov/ftc/complaint.htm
Also go to
http://www.fraud.com
to file reports of Internet fraud.

Ginette

Sumafra
02-26-2002, 10:45 PM
Hi KJ, I'm wondering when you got that notice from Ebay. It seems to me that it's been like that for a while now. I could be wrong but I seem to recall doing searches and the featured items would show at the top of the page but not all at the beginning of the listings. In any event, I think most people do searches to find paintings. How many people just browse through the categories. So does it really make that much difference do you think?

Ginette
02-26-2002, 11:27 PM
It makes all the difference. I have been listing on EBAY for over three years now.
Have done both regular & featured. Featured always gets more clicks, Numbers don't lie.
I have been paying very close attention to my counter and kept stats.

Non featured I get maybe 10 clicks in one day, Featured on average 50 to 80 click in the first day. It slows down after that, but still goes up to about 300 - 500 clicks in a 7 day auction.
Non featured does not even come close.

In any case, the bottom line is that when you pay for something and then you don't get it it is till called fraud.
Sort of like you list a painting and at the end of the auction you tell the winner bidder... oh sorry but this painting is not what you will get but you'll get another one.
Would that seem right? EBAY has been charging for a service while they were in the process of removing that service without making one aware during the listing process, when one makes the choice of spending the 19.95. If I had seen a notice telling me about the changes I WOULD NOT HAVE PAID THE EXTRA $ 19.95. They owe me about $ 100.00 and I will get it back.

Ginette

kjsspot
02-26-2002, 11:57 PM
Well, I just started using the Featured Plus auctions and they made a BIG difference!! I was really looking forward to using them during the NON slump months!! Boo hoo!!! First I noticed the difference in hits. My first FP auction got over 1000 hits when I generally get about 100 in a 10 day auction. The next two had lower hits but that was site wide. Hits were just plain lower all over. It was still much higher than my non-FP auctions.

Then in the $$. Even during the non-sales months of Jan & Feb, due to having a FP auction my painting broke $100 which was a first for me. (remember, I'm still new at this)

THEN I considered it advertising. Higher hits on my FP auctions has directly led to sales of many of my other paintings.

And lastly, after implementing my tracker, I've discovered that a good many viewers accessed my page by simply browning the pages. Almost as many as there were that accessed via a specific search.

So, yeah. Ebay has messed up a wonderful form of advertising that we, the sellers, were willing to pay for. It's a shame. It truly is. =(

arteitaliana
02-27-2002, 02:48 AM
A faster route to get credited for featured Plus seem to be this one. Write to [email protected]
I wroge them this morning, and this afternoon I got their answer:
Hello,

Thank you very much for writing to us today regarding the recent changes
to the category featured option. I can certainly understand your
frustration in this matter as many other sellers have expressed similar
opinions.

Your request for credit has been approved. The credits for the four
auctions should be posted to your account within 7 to 10 business days.
I would also encourage you to keep an eye on our announcement board for
additional upcoming changes to the category featured option. There
should be new information available shortly.

Thanks again for writing to us today. We certainly appreciate all that
you do to make the site what it is today. Have a wonderful eBay day!

Regards,

Taylor T. B.
eBay PowerSeller Support

I also wrote to ebay customer support...no answer yet. So this one seem to be a more efficient route. I am NOT a power seller.
I have posted the above reply on many ebay forums to let people know that this is the fastest way to get a refund.
As Ginette I list mostly Feature Plus auctions and that has made a big difference on hits and bids.
It is also a great way to get people to look at my webpages linked from the ME page.
The reason I have bids at the moment is because I wrote to all my ebay customers alerting them to the situation, NOT because I listed featured auctions. The bids are all from past customers, which proves that the searches are not working, no one is looking at my listings.
The way featured Plus is now...it worth nothing.
So, as Ginette says, let's fight this. They will have to listen to us !!

R

hairballsdotcom
02-27-2002, 11:07 AM
Wow you guys really have me curious about the Feature Plus. I had no idea it was working so well and bringing in so many hits. After reading the changes eBay has made, I can see why they made them since in some categories there were several pages of 'Feature Plus' auctions clumped at the begining of a search. But then I guess thats really the point -- thats what you were paying for. I TOTALLY agree it doesn't excuse them for the way they went about the change. They should have made the announcement they were changing it at least a MONTH before doing so!

I wonder if they will implement yet another 'level' of feature plus based on the old 'all clump at the beginning', but of course now that they know it is so popular, they will just charge more.

I mentioned in another thread that since I sell prints, I didn't think using the Feature Plus with such a big jump in the price of my auction would work. However, I'm beginning to think its worth a shot. I currently have a print that is sitting at $70 with a few hours to go...would the Feature Plus have gotten me even more?

I'll wait till the dust settles on all this controversy before I jump into it. So DO PLEASE keep this thread going with whats happening.

hairballsdotcom
02-27-2002, 11:08 AM
P.S. SO GLAD to hear some of you are getting "Feature Plus" refunds for current auctions!

kjsspot
02-27-2002, 11:51 AM
Rita, my credit request was approved as well. YEAH

Ginette
02-27-2002, 01:08 PM
I will get my featured fees back as well.
They said they will let us know what the future hold with the featured auctions system.
Obviously many people are rather upset.

I told them I will hold off with listing for a while until I see a better system.
In the meantime I paint. :-)
If they don't shape up I can take the 300+ bucks I spend monthly on eBay and invest it in other types of advertisement for my web site.

"Only the squeaky wheel gets the grease."

Ginette