PDA

View Full Version : Abstracty Sedona

Chiers
04-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Many yrs ago I was in Sedona Arizona. For some reason I fell in love with it and it has always stayed in my mind as a place I would love to retire to. A few weeks ago in my newspaper there were some pics of the beautiful Sedona landscapes and as soon as I saw them this idea for an abstract came to my mind so I did it digitally to see if I would like it as well with my eyes as I did with my mind.

I realize many of you don't really get into abstracts but would be interested to hear what those who do think of this . I have decided I really do like it an will probably traslate it to a real canvas this weekend with a palette knife.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2006/23771-Sedona1.jpg

Skinny
04-15-2006, 06:33 PM
This would be beautiful on canvas, Sherry! The southwest offers spectacular landscapes. :cat:

Yako
04-16-2006, 08:12 AM
Looks great to do it in oils in big canvas with big strokes an impasto look or with oil knife.
Hmmmm....its a strange comparision but reminds me of the japanese rock gardens..you look at it and it makes you think and go inwards (well perhaps it's a silly comparision it's just a feeling) :) :wave:

barryt
04-16-2006, 12:39 PM
That looks great Sherry, I look forward to any variation on the theme.

justjean
04-16-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm not into abstracts Sherry but this I do, like wonderful colours :thumbsup:

LadyAlba
04-16-2006, 11:19 PM
Good one fantastic job on the coloring don't you just love the colors of the desert! :thumbsup:

Chiers
04-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Looks great to do it in oils in big canvas with big strokes an impasto look or with oil knife.
You must be reading my mind. That is exactly my intention.

Hmmmm....its a strange comparision but reminds me of the japanese rock gardens..you look at it and it makes you think and go inwards (well perhaps it's a silly comparision it's just a feeling)
Not silly at all Kareen. I think that is something abstract should do.

Marge yes I do love the desert colors. Would Sedona be considered high desert maybe? Its been so many yrs...sheesh. All I know is it was such a beautiful and peaceful place that it has never left my mind in the forty two yrs since I was there.

Thanks all for looking!