PDA

View Full Version : Mountains

Skinny
04-15-2006, 10:47 AM
I decided to start my adventure into REAL painting with something easy...easy in the sense that the objects portrayed have no well known forms....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2006/23354-Mountains.jpg

PSP.

barryt
04-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Oooooooohh
Lovely K. And I like your colour choices for the mountains. Great

Skinny
04-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks, Barry! You ever feel orphaned on Saturdays? ...with everybody over at the Weekend Drawing event? :D

einna
04-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Skinny, welcome to the real painting and i think later on, you will want to draw and sketch to. I was there three years ago, so I know..lol

Your starting pic is wonderfull. The cloud looks so heavy.. but it might be so on purpose..lol lovely pic... i am your fan.. and am looking forward to other paintings of yours. You remind me of my humble beginnings.. I started in msn paint.. painting flowers very small buquetts and was adding them to the posts in the groups.. then i looked around more and since then I got hooked and here i am.. looking forward to learn how to draw activly people .. quickly and effectively.. so this is my new goal....I always look for hard ones..
Keep painting!

Chiers
04-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Thats a georgous blue in the front mnt. and the sky. One of the benifits of painting things in nature is that there are endless varieties and shapes and no two are identical.

Skinny
04-15-2006, 06:30 PM
Thanks for your encouragement, Annie and Sherry! I imagine that my efforts in this area will sometimes be horrific. Without the color picker and the reference directly beneath me, I feel lost. :o

waheednasir
04-16-2006, 02:38 PM
nice job skinny. i really like the colors here...:), a couple of suggestions, very minor though, top edges of the mountains are very sharp thruout, making the whole thing look flat and thin, like cards. uve achieved a sense of depth very nicely here, just work a bit on the mountains to get rid of the flatness and it would be a wonderful scene to look at. i personaly would, put some sky/cloud's colors (lighter color), on the edges to make them receive some color and air from the environmen. and i would crop it a bit from the top...:).
but apart from all that, its very nicely done and i really enjoyed looking at it. good work once again...:).

Skinny
04-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Waheed....I am delighted with your observations and advice! I'm off to play with it.

justjean
04-16-2006, 06:17 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Skinny
04-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks, Jean! Are all those cheers for this effort, or because I'm finally trying to paint traditionally? :D

digistyle
04-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Good stuff! I particularly like the gradiation of the sky.

digistyle

Skinny
04-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Thanks, Digi!

LadyAlba
04-16-2006, 11:07 PM
So glad to see you doing this Kristen! ;o) Good advice from Waheed!

Skinny
04-17-2006, 04:52 AM
Thanks, Marge! Inch by inch life is a cinch...even if you go kicking and screaming! :lol: :lol: :lol: