PDA

View Full Version : Personal Offer on Ebay

CathyD
02-26-2002, 12:57 AM
I just learned about a new service on ebay called Personal Offer. There is a link for it that shows up after an auction closes, it is located by the Relist link. I have never noticed it before so I thought I would mention it here in case anyone else has not seen it.

There are two circumstances in which it may be used: your high bidder canceled or didn't follow through, or if you have multiples of the item, you can sell it to any of the losing bidders that may have bid on that particular auction. They are offered the piece for their highest bid. (ebay automatically does that).

Last Thursday my auctions ended and I had a losing bidder email me. She said this was the second auction on this particular print that she had missed the final bid on. She was at work when it ended. She asked if I could end my auctions later so she would have a chance. I was happy to comply, but then I remembered that I had seen that personal offer link. So I went and checked it out. I emailed the lady back and told her about it, and she was thrilled to buy the print for her highest bid. I got a second sale on one auction, and that means I only have to pay final value fees and not listing fees!

Thinking that this was a pretty cool thing, I emailed a couple of other people who had lost the high bid. One other lady went with the personal offer too!

Yahoooooooooo!
Cathy :clap:

Sumafra
02-26-2002, 10:53 PM
Thanks Kathy for letting us know. I've never seen this but it sounds really interesting when selling prints.