PDA

View Full Version : Turquiose greens and blues.

Bill Foehringer
04-12-2006, 09:36 AM
Which pastel makers have the best turquiose colors for rendering the Gulf of Mexico waters? I might be heading back to South Padre, Tx again and want to be able to nail the colors in the water. I had to make do with blending the greens and blues I brought along last year. BillF

Shari
04-12-2006, 10:45 AM
I have a set of turquoise pastels from Unison that I love and covers a broad range.

cherylleclairsommer
04-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Bill,
The Terry Ludwig turquoise set is to die for. I purchased the set along with a friend and we cut them in half. Wish I had more use for them - perhaps I should book a vacation in the Caribbean.

Karen Margulis
04-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Hi Bill,
I love to paint the Gulf! I have a sample set of the Terry Ludwig Turquoises but I find that I tend to use a combination of Unison and Great American turqouises and greens. (mostly the great Americans) I like to add greens into my turquoise water. Good Luck and have fun!
Karen

bluefish
04-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Bill:

I also have the Terry Ludwig set of turquoise pastels and they should cover absolutely any water color you will encounter - they are a little to pure for the water off the East and West coasts.

Leaving for St. George Island in the Gulf on Friday - will let you know better upon my return. Have a nice trip! Happy pasteling!

'bluefish'

Tressa
04-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Great American has a great selection...but so do the other 2 mentioned.
I just got up and counted and I have 28 GAs in the turquoise family...
Tres

Khadres
04-13-2006, 12:55 AM
I love both the Unis and the Ludwigs that I have in shades of turquoise and bluey greens. Terry's got a bigger selection of just turquoise colors and a HUGE selection of greens, but so does Unison and GA appears to have some to die for too. Ahhhh, so many choices, so little time (and money!).

Bill Foehringer
04-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Ok thanks for all the suggestions. Now I have an excuse to go drool on my keyboard as I visit websites. So far I've found the Unison Turquoise look good on the screen and The GA 'Lagoon' and 'Surf Angel' Colors also.
I have never been so tempted by a set of colors as I have by Terry's set of turquoise. If I lived near the ocean I would have them already by overnight shipping- absolutely delicious looking and that's just in the screen...I might just have to order a few of his.
My problem is that as soon as I start an order it balloons into the national debt and I have to start all over winnowing out my impulse selections, LOL.
PS Karen. Yes I found that the water off S. Padre way down by mexico was very greenish at midday especially.
Thanks again!!!! BillF

Donna A
04-18-2006, 12:06 AM
Hi, All! Terry Ludwig's Turquoises are just exquisite!!!! The full box is just like a magic blue lagoon to look into. If you never wanted to paint again, it's worth the buy JUST TO LOOK AT!!!! Ohhhh Yum! Really!!!! Wow!

I've missed you all. No computer connection for some days-----and other "stuff" kept me away! Donna ;-}