PDA

View Full Version : The Old Man

fugitive
04-11-2006, 03:59 PM
who lives down the road; who always sleeps alone; fill in your own line;

I almost thru this away the other nite, in fact did thro away several. I just wasn't happy with what painter could do, but I gave it one more try. P8 & PSP 8.

Jin
04-11-2006, 04:52 PM
It's a nice composition and subject.

How about telling us a little as to how this image was created, source material, etc.?

fugitive
04-11-2006, 05:09 PM
You know how it was created, it was paiiinted in P8. Source, foreign, untraceable. This is the one I was doing when the Add thing happed, and I lost a bunch of good paiinting, but if I'd know it was sposed to, I might have saved them, but I started over with a diff brush.

Skinny
04-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Greg...I'm so glad you didn't throw this away! It's wonderful! :clap: What about adding very subtle reflections to his eyes?

It's very frustrating using an unfamiliar program. I'm trying to learn PSP, and, though there are things I like about it, I just can't work with it easily. :mad:

del m
04-11-2006, 07:22 PM
This man has secrets, you can see it in his eyes.

CindyW
04-11-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm roaming around and saw this...glad you gave it another try, it's a great portrait of loneliness and silent thoughts. The ice blue is beautifully reflected in him here and there. Very nice!
Cindy

fugitive
04-12-2006, 02:46 AM
Greg...I'm so glad you didn't throw this away! It's wonderful! :clap: What about adding very subtle reflections to his eyes?

It's very frustrating using an unfamiliar program. I'm trying to learn PSP, and, though there are things I like about it, I just can't work with it easily. :mad:
That's funny thinking of psp as unfamiliar, as I started on PS 2.5, for a few months but then got into psp, and I guess it was easier, cause I've used it for a decade now. Give it a chance, it's got a better UI than most proggies, including Painter PS, and anything you can name, and it's customizable as you can reposition any of the components, which number do you have, 9?
Glad you like it, guess your one of two, and yes, I cold add some sparkles to the eyes.

fugitive
04-12-2006, 02:58 AM
Thankyou Jin Del and Cindy, yeah, I'm glad too, kinda lost interest in ship, it happens like that.

TxAggieDarlin
04-12-2006, 11:47 AM
He makes you think, good job, Fugitive

wiscojaydub
04-12-2006, 11:51 AM
excellent painting!

digistyle
04-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Nice coloring in the face. I can almost feel the cold!

fugitive
04-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Does this ever happen to you, as you and I have been exchanging comps longer than most, since 2002, but I have think of new things to say, that haven't been said before, glad you had the cold as thats brand new, thanks.