PDA

View Full Version : "An Italian Summer's End"

LisaArt
04-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Hi Everyone :wave: Here is My Latest Painting - "An Italian Summer's End" for my Colourful Travel Series. A beach scene 80 x 100 cm all in acrylics - from my imagination with a few of my ref pics. It has taken me over one month to complete the painting. I am very happy with the results! And just in time to hang-it up for Easter!

My husband and I loved our travels to Italy, particularly the LIGURIA coast side from Ventimiglia down to Livorno. This painting is in memory of our beautiful travels there and of course our fun-filled days at their beaches.
Would appreciate any comments you may have.

Have a great day everyone! :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Apr-2006/40382-BeachFinal-resize2.jpg

dlake
04-11-2006, 03:08 PM
This is wonderful. I love your style. It's a fun and cheerful painting.

Lady Carol
04-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Another great painting Lisa. Your choice of colours are always vibrant and your subject always interesting. Which one are you, the black or the white cat? :D

mrs willow
04-11-2006, 05:38 PM
This is delightful Lisa! A very cheerful holiday painting.:clap: :clap: :clap:
Your colours are rich and your pattern work is excellent. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Sandy

Bertoni
04-11-2006, 06:43 PM
I love your work and this one is equal to all the others in excellence!!:clap:

del m
04-11-2006, 07:02 PM
I like the effect, very bright and cheery

Nitsa
04-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Hi Lisa :wave: ....missed you not being around. This is a fab addition to your series, the orange in the deck chairs really pull the sunset fwd and bring the whole thing together for me.

Jon
04-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Very nice..brought a big smile to my face. :D

Lulu
04-12-2006, 02:25 AM
absolutely love it!

LisaArt
04-12-2006, 02:56 AM
Hi Dlake, Thanks so much. I really appreciate that.

Hi Carol, Thanks so much too....I am the white cat...:cat: BTW...looked at your frangipini..it looks so great! Amazing work! I just love those flowers!

Hi Sandy, Thanks so much, very much appreciated. :wave:

Hi Bertoni, Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate that :wave:

Hi Del m, Thanks alot too! :wave:

Hi Nitsa, Oh yes I have missed you guys too,:crying: I have been just so busy trying to get lots of work done. I am hoping to have enough pieces to do my Colourful Travel exhibtion soon....So much work I tell ya! I really appreciate your comments. Thanks so much :wave: PS..I really love your new avatar!

Hi Nascent. Thanks so much. I am happy it made you smile :)

Hi Lulu! Ah Thanks a bunch! :wave:

Again, thanks to all of you again! It so nice to hear your wonderful comments. Makes me feel really great! :)

Dewi
04-12-2006, 03:17 AM
Hi Lisa it's delightful to see your happy/beautiful paintings, was thinking about your cats signature until saw Carol's reply.
See you again soon.

Nitsa
04-12-2006, 05:54 AM
Hi Nitsa, Oh yes I have missed you guys too, I have been just so busy trying to get lots of work done. I am hoping to have enough pieces to do my Colourful Travel exhibtion soon....So much work I tell ya! I really appreciate your comments. Thanks so much PS..I really love your new avatar!

Good luck with the exhibition, be sure to let us all know how it goes....I'm sure it will look fantastic.
Thanx for the kind comment on the avator...it's me...shhhhh! ;)...and they say the camera never lies! :rolleyes:

idcrisis55
04-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Delightful, vibrant painting!

Ann

Joannie
04-12-2006, 10:17 AM
Hi Lisa - first time I've seen your work and love the happy feeling it brings - perfect for your exhibition title. Hope it goes well. Yes, I can see there is a lot of work just in this one piece. All the elements of a grand beach holiday. I'll look out for more works when you post them.

rebeccalopez
04-12-2006, 10:18 AM
What a fun painting..I love the kitty that decided to venture through the gate!

bjcpaints
04-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Wonderful to see your work again Lisa! Happy travels!
Barbara

LisaArt
04-14-2006, 05:10 AM
Hi Nitsa, thanks for the support...I will for sure keep you all posted when I am doing the exhbition. I have so much more work to do.
PS....yep, I knew that was your pretty face on the avatar :cat:

Hi Dewi, :wave: Thanks so much for all your comments about my work. I really appreciate it! :)

Hi Ann, thanks a bunch to you too :)

Hi Joanie, Nice to meet you and thanks so much. I really appreciate that great feedback.

Hi Rebecca, Nice to meet you too...and thanks so much :wave:

Hi Barbara, great to see you! And thanks so much! :wave:

valchina612
04-14-2006, 05:28 AM
Lisa, this is such a colourful and happy painting -- love it. Good luck with your Exhibition -- it will be great, I know. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

LisaArt
04-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Hi Valerie, Thanks so much for stopping by and your kind words...I really appreciate it! Have a lovely Easter.

idylbrush
04-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Don't know how I have missed this one. Again, another joy filled painting of light and atmosphere. I do like your contemporary approach. Very nice.

LisaArt
04-17-2006, 04:51 AM
Hi Howard, Thanks so much! :wave: :)

3chaway9
04-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Hi Lisa :wave: i thought i had posted about your painting...i think i must have and forgot to send it :lol:
i like the colours and the graphics of this...i also adore your skinny cats....i had a look at your web site and i see you include them quite a lot.....great little stamp of yours....i especially liked the four paintings of the vases of flowers very nice.:thumbsup: :clap:

LisaArt
04-18-2006, 09:32 AM
HI Carrie, Ahh Thanks so much for your very kind words about my painting and tulips on my web page. Very much appreciated. Have a great day! BTW...your florals are stunning!

Leslie Pz
04-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Very fun. Colors are a delight and I love the inspiration behind the series, too!

LisaArt
04-19-2006, 02:45 AM
Hi Leslie, Thanks so much for your comments and dropping by. I really appreciate it!:) Have a great day :wave:

plec
04-19-2006, 03:04 AM
Hi Lisa;
A really good painting and the more you look at it the better it is. It is a very clever painting you should be rightly proud of it well done.

LisaArt
04-20-2006, 02:44 AM
Hi Plec, Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate your so kind words. :cat: Have a great day :wave: