PDA

View Full Version : PP Qs = painter problem question

fugitive
04-11-2006, 07:48 AM
Once again, the modes havechanged to add instead of ignore and every time I reset it, on the first stroke, it goes right back. I don't even know why such a thing would ever happen, it must be a painter glitch, like the horrible one of making divits in the paint, which makes me use the undo key as much as a paint brush.........

barryt
04-11-2006, 09:23 AM
The divits may be the impasto is on when you don't want it?

fugitive
04-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Oh, I know when it's on and when I want it, as I'm fastinated by it, and use it a lot, but seems I always have to turn it down and down. No idea on the first question, that's the troubling one, jin and I have talked about the dings, and I don't know that Corel even kknow.

Chiers
04-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Certain brushes automatically cause the mode to change Greg. Not sure just which ones since I don't use them but Impasto/ pattern imboss is one of them.

Jin
04-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Greg,

The Impasto artifact (or "ding") problem seems to have been solved in Painter IX so I think Corel must have known about it. I guess all you can do in Painter 8 is to adjust the Depth slider and save a custom variant so you won't have to adjust it over and over. Good luck!

As to the Composite Depth option, Add, how about completing your painting on the Layer, then changing the option to Ignore so you won't have to change it with each new brushstroke painted on that Layer?

Chiers
04-11-2006, 04:17 PM
LOL, I see you caught the error Jin. I was just about to tell Greg that even if he changed from add to ignore it would revert to add with ea stroke, and to change to another mode will also change the look of the strokes. If, depending on which brushes he is using, he changes to ignore when he is done with a layer, he is likely to lose much of the work. Changing pattern emboss for just one example, to ignore will remove it so that it cannot be seen.

Jin
04-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Sherry,

Good point!

I guess my usual advice to practice with Painter's brush variants to learn how they work applies here as much as with any of them.

Good thing is that we can paint on multiple Layers with Impasto enabled variants and set each Layer to whatever Composite Depth option works best.

Greg,

If you change Impasto variants, make sure the Composite Depth option you've chosen will work as it did with the previous Impasto enabled variant used to paint on the same Layer.

If it doesn't, create new Layer and set the Composite Depth appropriately for the new Impasto enabled variant.

fugitive
04-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Sherry,

Good point!

I guess my usual advice to practice with Painter's brush variants to learn how they work applies here as much as with any of them.

Good thing is that we can paint on multiple Layers with Impasto enabled variants and set each Layer to whatever Composite Depth option works best.

Greg,

If you change Impasto variants, make sure the Composite Depth option you've chosen will work as it did with the previous Impasto enabled variant used to paint on the same Layer.

If it doesn't, create new Layer and set the Composite Depth appropriately for the new Impasto enabled variant.
You mean just to ck and see if it's gonna come out right, I', sure I will. I still don't know what was making that one brush act like that, as it didn't seem diff than any other oil/impasto brush. (isn't that something one eats?)