pencils4me
02-25-2002, 01:08 AM
I got a late start so I'm late I'm late I'm late!! :D

Here's mine.........

TJ

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Feb-2002/TJFeb24SNDknight.jpg

sherville
02-25-2002, 03:48 AM
Cor! Blimey, TJ! This picture is Bonzer!
You have got the most wonderful drawing style *sigh!*
I really like that squiggly background you put in, it's lively and it's rockin' and it's just plain cool. Same goes for the whole thing, really. You know what I dig? The lighting on the horse's head, it's neat-o.
I better go because I'm starting to sound like a beatnik. (Insert smiley snapping fingers instead of clapping here)

Caron
02-25-2002, 05:27 AM
Wow! Glad you showed, I would have hated to miss this! Great job with his and the horses face! Very dramatic lighting here!! :clap:

Surfinia
02-25-2002, 08:22 AM
WOW, what a great drawing. You've put good play of light and shadow on the horse's head. Just an overall great piece of work! :clap:

I tried just the horse's head and, because I know nothing about bridles and such, got stuck on the bit because it wasn't clear in the photo - glad to see how it's supposed to be.

Wingnut
02-25-2002, 08:39 AM
Wow! Very dynamic, wonderful work TJ! :clap:

Renfish
02-25-2002, 11:50 AM
Excellent work! There's a lot of motion which really adds life to it.

Jeff

BlackTigr
02-25-2002, 03:23 PM
This drawing is luminous. Simply beautiful.

--BT

Lady Grey
02-25-2002, 05:24 PM
Expressive - suggests lots of motion - I like it. :-)
Lady Grey

Leaf
02-25-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Surfinia
... because I know nothing about bridles and such, got stuck on the bit because it wasn't clear in the photo

I have a horse and can tell you the horse in the reference image has a curved shank, curb mouth, western grazing bit, mounted on a western bridle. :D No noseband, or then it would be an english bridle. I couldn't see the bit clearly either so in my piteous version, I put my own horse's bridle and bit onto the horse I drew. My horse uses an english bridle (with noseband) and what's called a full cheek snaffle, meaning the reins attach to a ring in the middle of the cheekpiece instead of at the ends like the one TJ drew. It's less severe on their gums and tongue to have the reins attach directly to the bar that goes through the mouth, plus all that extra metal on either side makes sure the bit doesn't slide through their mouths when you turn them, and also puts more pressure on their cheeks instead of their lips, again making it easier on the horse.

Anyway, now that i've gone TOTALLY off the SND subject..... :angel: :D :D

Wingnut
02-25-2002, 08:24 PM
LOL! Leaf!

I think we chased them all out of the chat room last night with the same thing :D At least we didn't get to worms and road apples! :eek:

:evil:

impetuous
02-25-2002, 09:53 PM
TJ, this is amazing!!!
You are so dam good with that pencil, and a natural at drawing horses (it's amazing)
I love the loose shading behind too.

pencils4me
02-26-2002, 01:02 AM
hey guys your just to nice.....

(((((((shervie!)))))) blimey? Bonzer? Beatnik? Your to funny. These pics were fun, you worried for nothing! :D

Caron - I'm glad i got to get in something even if I was late!

Surfina - ack i know what you mean - it was hard for me to see and I know where it goes....

Wingnut - hehe just trying to bring it off the paper... a happy accident.. (shhhhhhh don't tell)

renfish & lady grey - I was wondering if the background would lend that feeling of movement, maybe that helped?

BT - I think that comes from the dark background....;)

Leaf - hehehe tack discussion? anybody for tail wraps? :D

wingnut - I know about the road apples... but worms? do I dare ask?

Imp - Geesh takes one to know one!;)

Thanks for taking the time to comment here everybody! I worked on it just a bit more (well the knight) and its much better now!

:D

TJ

MissMouse
02-26-2002, 11:02 AM
you think you were late I just posted mine and it is Tuesday LOL - you and that pencil are great friends this is a wonderful drawing.

digistyle
02-27-2002, 12:06 AM
Great drawing, TJ!! Love the strong highlites. Give the subjects a sculpted look.

digistyle