PDA

View Full Version : SND- 2/24 - Heraldry

kitaye
02-25-2002, 12:08 AM
OK, I totally chickened out of tonights drawing event until about 30 minutes ago. After looking through everyone elses posts and looking at the reference pictues yet again I decided to draw the colourful knight's shield. I've always liked heraldic symbolism and I thought the symetry of the design would be neat to draw. Well I found out that trying to drawing symetrical designs is harder than I thought, and that the shield is nnot perfectly symetrical.

Coloured pencil on scratch paper.

mebucko
02-25-2002, 12:24 AM
Hi Kit! It looks symmetrical to me! I like how you picked that out, and just did that. I always see that kind of choice AFTER I do mine! :p I have no foresight. Nice job, and I'm glad that you decided to participate.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2001/ranbucko-2.gif

sherville
02-25-2002, 04:05 AM
Hey, glad you joined in. I don't think you were chickening out, trying to draw something symmetrical can prove to be as hard as drawing anything else. You can gauge how symmetrical is it by how much hair you ripped out trying to draw it :D
Nice job!

Caron
02-25-2002, 05:20 AM
lol Sherville! I agree here, you did a great job! I never would have thought to do this....glad you decided to join in afterall...I know its challenging, but its fun! Always seems we pick the one that we think will be the easiest and it never fails! I see symmetry here as well. Thumbs up!!!

Surfinia
02-25-2002, 08:27 AM
Nice work, Kitaye. Like the others have said, it's not that easy, but you've done well with this shield.

BlackTigr
02-25-2002, 03:47 PM
Sometimes we see just a part of something when we look at it, and drawing that instead of the whole can mean all the difference in the world. Good idea here, and the execution's not half bad either. ;)

--BT

Lady Grey
02-25-2002, 05:10 PM
Kitaye - there is no such thing as a perfect symetry in the real world - so don't bother the slight inaccuracy - it makes the shield mor "belivable".
Lady Grey

Wingnut
02-25-2002, 08:04 PM
perfect-shmrfect - it looks great to me! :)

digistyle
02-25-2002, 08:13 PM
Glad you decided to join in! Now that you've given us a taste, next time you've got to work for the whole 2 hours! :)

digistyle