PDA

View Full Version : SND Knight/mebucko

mebucko
02-24-2002, 10:27 PM
SND... Pastel... 11x17 black Vellum Paper...2 Hours... Thanks Sherville! Really good pics!

It looks really bad here, it looks fine in real life, oh sure... :p Anyway, took forever to scan in 4 pieces, then I tried to quickly shoot it with my digital, that didn't work, so here's a real piece of crap! :D I will update it with a smoother version, I have no idea why it's so choppy...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2001/ranbucko-2.gif
Update: This is a digital pic AGAIN... I forgot, I actually did this on black vellum paper, and I have replaced the pic (right after I posted) with the 'not so choppy' version, in all of the hurrying, I could not do anything right last night!:p Anyway, this is actually closer to the colors, but is a tiny bit softer looking than it actually is.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Feb-2002/knight.jpg

Wingnut
02-24-2002, 10:32 PM
I feel your pain, my scanner sucks too!

I LOVE the night scene! and your metal is outstanding! :clap:

I wish my horse's eye had turned out that real :(

dupliKate
02-24-2002, 10:33 PM
As usual....a knockout! I also was really impressed by the horse's eye....very well done!

(How do you do this so well in so little time?????)

K:D

impetuous
02-24-2002, 10:40 PM
bloody hell !!!!!!! I'm giving up and going home :(

Stunning, as always:D! love the night setting.

Caron
02-24-2002, 10:40 PM
Randy Im not surprised! Excellent as always!! I ditto the metal and eye-your two best subjects:clap: And the knight at night is well..awesome:)

sherville
02-24-2002, 10:46 PM
D'oooooooooooooh!
Now I really feel like crap. :D
Hey, I like that you made it a night scene, and I like the metal, dammit and I like the atmosphere it has and I like the texture of the hair... teehee!!

*sniff*

AriadneArts
02-24-2002, 10:50 PM
Beautiful, Randy! Love the night, and air of mystery and danger. Great work! :clap:

Yielding
02-24-2002, 11:34 PM
LOL Randy - (not the drawing, what you said)

Very cool drawing - looks like it should be in the moon light.

Yielding

mebucko
02-25-2002, 08:47 AM
Wingnut: Thanks for the compliments and stuff!:p Actually, my scanner is a very good scanner, it was operator error only, and it seems like like everything that I touched turned to something... :evil: :D
-R-

Kate: I appreciate your really kind words on this. To tell the truth, I work really fast and sloppy, then I realize at the end that I have a big mess, or hopefully...? something I'm not too embarrassed to show? hee-hee I like the 'pushing' that these drawing sessions give me, if I didn't do these, I probably wouldn't do very much. Thank you!
-R-

Imp: Uuuuummmmm, I'm tellin'! ("Bloody Hell"):p Yeah, like I scare YOU! hehe... Well, thanks, I am just tryin' to do something worthwhile, and hopefully post it if I ain't too chicken!:d
Uuuhhh...? I thought you were home? hee-hee
-R-

Caron: The "knight at night", now why didn't I think of that? heehee Thank you for saying all of that, it's appreciated too!:p
-R-

Sherville: (Mistress of Horrors) Pretty good show, I think it was a success, everybody liked the choices, whether or not you did or not, so THERE! :p Thanks for the nice words Missy, with all of that cursing, I think a compliment was in there? :D PS, I'm glad that you liked the textures!
-R-

AriadneArts: I appreciate that! "Air of mystery and danger", huh? O.K., I like that!:p
Thank you!
-R-

Yielding: Hee-hee, yeah, I was kind'a frantic when I wrote that stuff! Does it show? hee-hee It actually is a moonlit night, I just didn't think that if a moon showed, the lighting would be off the way I had it, oh well, maybe next time... hee-hee Thanks for stopping and saying that!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2001/ranbucko-2.gif

Mae
02-25-2002, 09:20 AM
was too sleepy last night to post ..but this is so good!!! You have a beautiful technique on rendering the light from the dark

Andrew
02-25-2002, 11:17 AM
That is really something! Isn't working on black fun! It really changes the perspective on how you see light and darks.

Great job Randy!

Excelsior!
Andrew

Renfish
02-25-2002, 11:42 AM
Well, I'm gonna join in the chorus. This is sooooooo cool!!! Splendid job on everything. And making it a night scene, complete with ground fog and stars, is a stroke of genius!!!

Congrats on another terrific picture!

Jeff

animal
02-25-2002, 02:29 PM
Spectacular Randy!!!! I really like the colours you have used.:D

BlackTigr
02-25-2002, 02:40 PM
Great work, mebucko. I wish my mural knight looked half this good.

--BT

digistyle
02-25-2002, 07:08 PM
Metal textures with PASTEL!!! You show off!!! Lovin' the details! Ha, I'm not the only one fiending after bright, shiny things:evil: :evil: !!!

digistyle

ccw
02-25-2002, 10:17 PM
THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!
its like a old story coming to life!
you did wonderful.
my daughter came in and said " woho!" she likes it too.
ccw