PDA

View Full Version : SND Feb 24

RuthT
02-24-2002, 10:06 PM
watercolor 12"x 9"

Tried to combine two in one. Took almost the whole two hours and is not nearly finished - and since I am not too happy with it, it never will be! But it was fun and a learning experience anyway. :)

dupliKate
02-24-2002, 11:08 PM
I printed out both these as references as well....had a very hard time choosing, but I never thought about combining them!

Hard to get them done in time, isn't it?

I like the dreamy kind of look you got with the castle....that's how I would have liked to do it....had I gotten to it!

Is it difficult to work really fast in watercolour? (probably a stupid question...but I haven't really every tried it)

K

:)

AriadneArts
02-24-2002, 11:08 PM
Ruth, I really like this! It has a lovely, fairy tale feel. Would make a great kid's book illustration. :clap:

impetuous
02-24-2002, 11:11 PM
I really like this ruth, and I think that you were very brave to try 2 in 1. the colours of the horse's cover are lovely, they really lift the whole thing:)

RuthT
02-25-2002, 02:29 PM
Thank you dupliKate, Ariadne, and Impetuous for your kind comments.

Yes it does take a long time in watercolour and I think I bit off more than I could chew. But we learn by our mistakes - I hope :D

BlackTigr
02-25-2002, 02:38 PM
It was creative of you to think of blending the two images. I think it is a valid composition, even if it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to. Bravo!

--BT

Caron
02-25-2002, 03:05 PM
Great job Ruth! I like that you combined the 2 images. Kinda gave the knight a reason to be there:) I also like that you gave him the colour and the castle was left kinda ghostly!! Thumbs up!!

sue ellen
02-25-2002, 05:58 PM
i especially like the tree and the castle ...nice feeling you have captured with the watercolor :)

Wingnut
02-25-2002, 07:14 PM
ROFLOL!

Yup, I had them laid out the exact same way - only with the other knight! ;) I was also trying to figure out how to squeeze in a maiden before I got frustrated and chucked everything but the knight :p

Nice Work Ruth! :clap: