PDA

View Full Version : problem with ink

celticrichard
04-08-2006, 07:07 AM
ive bought some golden ink for an illumination but no matter how much i shake the contents when i try to write on my scrap paper hardly any gold pigment goes on.

Merry Scribe
04-08-2006, 11:58 AM
ive bought some golden ink for an illumination but no matter how much i shake the contents when i try to write on my scrap paper hardly any gold pigment goes on.

I had the same problem until I found this water color made by Liquitex the name on the bottle is Glossies. The only things is that you have to use more that one coat and I use a bamboo ink stick to mix up the guache.

I hope this helps you a little bit.

Brian:wave: :D

artjunkie101
04-08-2006, 12:12 PM
What brand do you have? I think the gold ink I use is Speedball and it works pretty well. It's a bit transparent, but it's not usually a problem. Good luck!

celticrichard
04-08-2006, 03:30 PM
winsor and newton

Merry Scribe
04-09-2006, 03:51 PM
winsor and newton

You might want to try Liquitec guache and make you own ink. I do not use store bought ink. I find the making ink out of guache works better for me because I only use velium and store bought inks run to much I can clean most of the runs but it never falls that I will get a run that I can not clean at the end of one of my projects then have to start all over. So I do not buy store inks.

Brian :wave: :D

sandspider
04-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Hi All,
I have a idea have you tried mixing a small amount of ink with a ' water colour medium ' like 'Ox Gall Liquid' which should make the ink more flowy.
Hope it works for you if it doesn't when i visit "creative world" ,my local winsor and newton supplier i will ask there agent .:wave::wave:

scribblet
04-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Try adding a bit of gum arabic to it.
I rarely use gold ink, I prefer Shminke gouache to write with.