PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pastel Completed Today

gjwillis
02-24-2002, 02:21 PM
Hi, I thought I'd post an oil pastel that I just completed today. I'm no expert at working the oil pastel but I find that I am very intersted in learning more about them. I started seriously getting interested in them last night when I had an artistic revelation. The darn buggers can be layered and they don't have to have that crayon look to them! :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Feb-2002/todaysoilpastel.jpg

Mae
02-24-2002, 07:02 PM
Very wonderful first attempt..wow! I especially like the variety of colours used..well blended too -just starting to experiment myself with this medium..it's exciting to break loose and try something new:)

Probably
02-25-2002, 09:21 PM
i like this one the most of the ones youve posted, its the smoothest. i am really just glad someone else is using oil pastels it gets kind of weird around here using a medium that is basically completely different from the other people. I never really found oil pastels to be crayony, they are really nice i to use, easy to control and not so messy as those soft pastels, and not near as expensive. hope to see more stuff.

Andrew
02-26-2002, 11:14 AM
I too an glad to see another oil pastelist. I have always liked the medium and the rich colors. Finding the right support has always been an issue. On a toothy paper, they do have that crayony look. Keep on experimenting.

Andrew

Danitangel
02-27-2002, 10:29 PM
oh ..this is much better than your oil pastel I just replied to a few minutes ago. Yes they can be layered! :clap:
Danitangel :angel:

glowbug
02-28-2002, 01:11 PM
Great harmonious colors! I like this very much. Good painting!