PDA

View Full Version : big lucious don't work

fugitive
04-06-2006, 12:00 AM
Help! I'm putting up the warning I get, as I took this from Seven and moved it, and I'm thinking perhaps it's missing a jpg, but don't really know, just want to try it out again, as it's been a long while since I last used it.

Jin
04-06-2006, 04:14 AM
Greg,

I'm guessing the brush variant you refer to is named Big Wet Luscious.

It's on Painter 8 CD 2 in the following folder:

CPainter8CD2 > Brushes > New Paint Tools > New Paint Tools

The Big Wet Luscious variant is not a Captured Dab variant so there's only one file you need to copy to your hard drive: Big Wet Luscious.XML

Copy it into the same folder where you have the "broken" Big Wet Luscious.XML file now.

fugitive
04-06-2006, 04:17 AM
Greg,

I'm guessing the brush variant you refer to is named Big Wet Luscious.

It's on Painter 8 CD 2 in the following folder:

CPainter8CD2 > Brushes > New Paint Tools > New Paint Tools

The Big Wet Luscious variant is not a Captured Dab variant so there's only one file you need to copy to your hard drive: Big Wet Luscious.XML

Copy it into the same folder where you have the "broken" Big Wet Luscious.XML file now.
Ok, I'll look, but it did have three different type extention files.

Skinny
04-06-2006, 04:24 AM
Jin, what would the Painter fans do without you? :)

fugitive
04-06-2006, 04:45 AM
Well, theres the oven or the toilet, oh damn, the ovens electric.

Jin
04-06-2006, 06:03 AM
Greg,

The three files would be:

Big Wet Lucious.NIB
Big Wet Lucious.STK
Big Wet Lucious.XML

The .NIB and .STK files are automatically created by Painter 7, Painter 8, and Painter IX so you don't need to copy them to your hard drive, only the Big Wet Lucious.XML is needed.

There might also be a fourth file named:

c_Big Wet Lucious.XML

That's the cached variant automatically created by Painter 7, Painter 8, and Painter IX to contain temporary user settings made to the brush variant. When we restore the brush variant to its default state, Painter automatically deletes the cached variant file and the brush variant again works as it did originally.

Jin
04-06-2006, 06:06 AM
Jin, what would the Painter fans do without you? :)

:rolleyes: Probably find some other sucker who can't resist answering questions, Skinny m'dear. :p

TxAggieDarlin
04-06-2006, 03:24 PM
LOL.........great info

Jin
04-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Almost all of this information any of you can find and/or figure out by studying the Corel Painter application/program folders, Extras folders on the CD, and the Painter IX User folder... and reading the User Guide and Help Topics.

Just takes the effort to do it.

fugitive
04-09-2006, 10:14 PM
I've had trouble reading texts for a few yrs, with the migrains/ blurry vision, reading has really gotten to be no fun, and then there is the problem, that I can always ask questions which can't be found in help, on many apps or sites.