PDA

View Full Version : Geisha practice

fugitive
04-05-2006, 01:28 AM
a wip)One of the ladies rememinded me that I should do an ink & watercolor piece. nothing new or remarkable, except that I haven't done this type in Painter yet. P8 with PSP 8 help. The blu robe is a leftover from a much earlier try, that never got finished, back then, I would make clothes from images of cloth, cut and arranged in some semi design. I thot I might hold on to that one piece, but thru the others away. I just love what Painter does with digi watercolor, even if I don't understand why they have two kinds.

barryt
04-05-2006, 04:31 AM
A really Japanese feel to it Greg. (Even the sig.!) I don't know but if the tree trunk was brought down to touch her skirt, we might have a really formal painting.

Skinny
04-05-2006, 06:20 AM
Wow...that cloth is really fine! :thumbsup: Like Barry, though, the cherry tree disturbs me a bit. I think you need to either extend it to the lady's skirt, or give us the hint of a middle ground.

TxAggieDarlin
04-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Beautiful..........but the tree does need to come down a bit, I think

fugitive
04-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Perhaps is number one pupal and number one Mexican coraspondent were filled with the patients of a grasshopper, they would wait for a more complete picture, to analized;-)

Skinny
04-05-2006, 07:01 PM
:o Sorry! I didn't know it was a wip. :o

del m
04-05-2006, 07:22 PM
u do have a way with words Greg. Nice job so far

Yako
04-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Hey Greg take it easy! You wip is getting nice- Like the way you did the robe.....

fugitive
04-05-2006, 11:57 PM
AN update, just for the Greens.

fugitive
04-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Before, the blu gown was a cut and paste from an earlier attempt, but now it's watercolor(digi) and the tree may be further along.

justjean
04-07-2006, 10:14 PM
Looking good :thumbsup:

Skinny
04-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Better and better, Greg...:thumbsup:

barryt
04-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Very nice Greg, and you have the patience of a saint :)
You've got me thinking of having a go at that style, one of my sones bought me a book once on this style.
Sometime anyway.

fugitive
04-09-2006, 12:27 AM
Back a few yrs ago when I first got into the Geisha idea, I scanned every inch of the web searching for them and only came up the a small amount, but since it changes and is growing, every kind of image increases. Someone on another Board is reaming me cause a copied that Hind ship from someone living or down the street or something, and I shoulda mentioned it. I don't know anything about most every image I've used, except for a few. Last nite I spent two hours searching for it again, and could not find the artist or the painting, altho there were several others of the Golden Hind. Unlike Digi, I don't/can't paint anything from memory, never have, since I was five. Don't get the excitement, as I usually improve them, except for that damn boat. Never ment to fool anyone, but since I attract trouble like a junkie, I'll have to weather this one too.

digistyle
04-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Nice take on the traditional style Geisha paintings.

Unlike Digi, I don't/can't paint anything from memory,
Even when I do stuff from my imagination/memory, I'll usually use a ref for some of the elements. If I go completely from memory, I see the broad elements, but lose the little details that make the thing "real".

fugitive
04-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Thanks guy.