PDA

View Full Version : Sparrow

Yako
04-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Painter ix, mainly watercolor and charcoals used an image from RIL as reference:)

AndieW
04-04-2006, 01:33 AM
Ah Cute!! :thumbsup: Love the blossoms too, you get a great affect with an economy of lines there, I like it very much.

Andie

fugitive
04-04-2006, 01:50 AM
I like the concept of black pen and then watercolors, this is close to that. Some Jap paintings really stand out, of Geishas or bamboo huts or flowers, they have been doing such for longer than anyone,, guess they've had the most practice;-)

Chiers
04-04-2006, 03:25 AM
Kareen, you really got it going on!! I like this a lot. I hope you are framing these lil birdie paintings.

barryt
04-04-2006, 04:35 AM
Beautiful as ever, Kareen. The painting I mean :)

LadyAlba
04-04-2006, 06:36 AM
This little guy looks like some we have been feeding for a couple of months LOL they have definitely put on weight! :lol:

I agree about the bird series would be a wonderful grouping! :thumbsup:

Yako
04-04-2006, 07:18 AM
This little guy looks like some we have been feeding for a couple of months LOL they have definitely put on weight! :lol:

I agree about the bird series would be a wonderful grouping! :thumbsup:
That little birdie discovered sometime ago a special feeder....berries covered with chocolate....well...she was trying to keep her diet since migration was coming soon but .....but......no way, who could resist that temptation...maybe she'll need some of Oprah's personal training advice.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yako
04-04-2006, 07:19 AM
Beautiful as ever, Kareen. The painting I mean :)
:lol:

Yako
04-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Thks Chier and Andie for the comments:) :wave:

Yako
04-04-2006, 07:31 AM
I like the concept of black pen and then watercolors, this is close to that. Some Jap paintings really stand out, of Geishas or bamboo huts or flowers, they have been doing such for longer than anyone,, guess they've had the most practice;-)
Hey Fugitive do you know something about their technique? i would like to achieve a look between what you said and the style of someone that posted here some weeks ago : a drawing of a simple incomplete but detailed ink tree which you identified with a certain style....( i tried to find this drawing again but couldn't....:( )

Yako
04-04-2006, 07:36 AM
If someone is interested this was inspired by this little bird....i was thinking in japanese paintings, old ink illustrations and cherry blossoms....when i painted the sparrow...

Thought of a second version keeping the colors and fence and making the bird the focus of attention, and making him much more little move it towards the left side and behind him a foggy scene in ochres like clouds with destroyed buildings, something like a world war scene....to give a contrast, something like the idea of desolation, destruction and birth but thought it would be a too strong scene so decided to do something more happy

maria_khurram
04-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Kareen, what a delight to see such painting.

JCoop
04-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Kareen, yup this is such a happy little scene. I'm especially "drawn" to the flowers and leaves.:)

omniartz
04-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Wow! how cheerful and bright!! :)

Yako
04-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Maria, Joel and Kirk thks for the comments!:) :wave:

justjean
04-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Kareen your bird is lovely :thumbsup: it reminds me of the olden postcards

Skinny
04-10-2006, 05:16 PM
GOOD one, Kareen! The crosshatching in the background is very interesting. Why did you decide to do that?

(I'm glad you decided not to do the war scene.)

Yako
04-11-2006, 01:34 AM
GOOD one, Kareen! The crosshatching in the background is very interesting. Why did you decide to do that?

(I'm glad you decided not to do the war scene.)
I was just experiment to see how it would look a mix of watercolor and hatch...just a crazy idea of mine:)

Yako
04-11-2006, 01:35 AM
Jean and Kristen thks for the comments!:) :wave:

TxAggieDarlin
04-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Very SPRINGY..........and happy and colorful...my kind of picture..great job

Yako
04-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Very SPRINGY..........and happy and colorful...my kind of picture..great job
Thks for the comment Aggie!:) :wave: