PDA

View Full Version : Critique of DeMoss Glass Art

JDeMoss
04-02-2006, 05:12 PM
I finally have my site somewhat together. We are still fine tuning a few things, but I wanted to get everyone's critique.

www.jessedemoss.com (http://www.jessedemoss.com)

Thanks

Jesse

loloandkiko
04-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi,

I think your site looks great and your work is lovely. Represented well in your photography. My only critique would be to get rid of the intro page (click here to enter my website). I takes time to load on dial up and people want to get to the "meat" of the website in the opening page. Make sure you have your best pieces represented on your opening page so that people will click further into your site. Otherwise terrific!

Susynne
04-04-2006, 09:37 PM
I second that. Always have what you are all about clear on your first page...enter here, where I love the artwork, just doesn't pop with the art that you are all about and selling....

Oh boy, do I love your finders keepers page...what a cool idea! I've seen it done with books, but thats a really neat way to do it!

Otherwise the site looks great. Good Job!
Susynne

teankisi
04-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Hi Jesse,

Since you asked (and I will do anything to avoid working on my taxes!) here are a few ideas/comments:

1) I think you should include "DeMoss Art Glass" in the window titles of all of your sub pages (e.g. "DeMoss Art Glass - About").

2) Your page would pop a little more if you considered using color for the links at the bottom of each page. A gold-orange that picks up on your title graphic might be nice.

3) Still on the color theme...it would be good to use some color in the subpage headings to separate them from the body of text (e.g. "About", "Finders Keepers", etc).

4) Also the subpage headings are a little inconsistent in style as you go from page to page. I would either align them all to the left or center them all.

5) Your intro page doesn't bother me but I don't think it adds to the site. You might consider reducing the time for the unattended loading of your home page.

Remember that these are all comments about minor things. Overall your website is great!

collectiblesbyrose
04-13-2006, 10:54 PM
I like it because it is different!!! I'm tired of looking at the cartoon-type-flower sites I've seen lately.