PDA

View Full Version : Deconstructed-Any suggestions?

beebluefern
04-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Hello...this is a digital painting I did in Twisted Brush, ArtRage and PS...no photo reference, just imaginating in my head...of building materials from a house being torn down near my work. I just happened upon this cropped section while I was working and that changed the whole piece into an abstract...which I rather like better than trying to paint the whole scene! I am going to paint it on canvas with acrylics as well because I want to see it much larger than it is in the computer. Is there any part of this that might need some changes? I am wondering about the white section...does it take you out of the painting too much and then can't get back in?
C&C are welcome. Thanks!:D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2006/34609-4206s_copy.jpg

barryt
04-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Pam that's very good. I wouln't worry about the white, I think the dark A keeps the focus.

beebluefern
04-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Thanks Barry!

Skinny
04-02-2006, 01:52 PM
I sort of like "going beyond the canvas"....:cool:

beebluefern
04-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks Skinny...beyond that white are stacks and stacks of white wooden siding!:D

omniartz
04-03-2006, 01:21 AM
The geometeric patterns are very good, I like the textures that you've created. It would look great as a larger painting! :) Very Hip!

beebluefern
04-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Thanks Kirk. I am going to paint it in acrylic on an 18x24 canvast (the largest I have at this time)...haven't started yet, but I've printed out the reference and will try to get the gesso on the canva today some time.

AndieW
04-03-2006, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't change a thing, very nice indeed :thumbsup:

Andie

sketch-a-holic
04-03-2006, 01:17 PM
On screen the white does not look too bad, but I think that made much larger and with paint, the stark white may be a little much. It is hard to say without seeing it. One thing that you could do would be to paint it with the white, and decide if you like it or not. It would be very easy to put a light coat over the top of it to make it blend in a little better. Either way, i really like this abstraction good job!!!

beebluefern
04-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks for having a look Andie! :)
Sketch...I think that is probably what I will do...I can always add a bit of warm white I think...if it's too stark. Thanks for your input and kind comments. :)