PDA

View Full Version : calligraphy with colored pencils 2

sabrestallion
04-02-2006, 04:06 AM
well i did these two during the last week, so i can post them in our new forum , i have used colored pencils because i can work quickly with them. the first one says "Muhammad" it is written four times in a square composition , and in the second one "Bismillah" is written , which means "i start with the name of Allah"

i dedicate these to Brian (Merry Scribe), Tess , and all the people who voted and helped us to start this new forum , thank you all :) hope you all like them

valchina612
04-02-2006, 04:38 AM
Lovely work Farrukh, and very neatly done. You work well with coloured pencils. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

sabrestallion
04-02-2006, 04:46 AM
Lovely work Farrukh, and very neatly done. You work well with coloured pencils. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

thank u Val, i've tried watercolors too , but always seem to make a mess :lol: , i like pastels too , love to work with whatever i can get my hands on.

:wave:

artjunkie101
04-02-2006, 10:50 AM
These are so neat! I particularly love the Muhammad one, because even if you don't know what it says, it still makes an interesting composition. The second one is also very graceful and a beautiful color. Keep posting! :)

sabrestallion
04-02-2006, 11:20 AM
These are so neat! I particularly love the Muhammad one, because even if you don't know what it says, it still makes an interesting composition. The second one is also very graceful and a beautiful color. Keep posting! :)

thank u Claire ,http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_13.gif

Merry Scribe
04-02-2006, 03:54 PM
well i did these two during the last week, so i can post them in our new forum , i have used colored pencils because i can work quickly with them. the first one says "Muhammad" it is written four times in a square composition , and in the second one "Bismillah" is written , which means "i start with the name of Allah"

i dedicate these to Brian (Merry Scribe), Tess , and all the people who voted and helped us to start this new forum , thank you all :) hope you all like them

These are very beautiful and thank you for the dedication. You do, do beautiful work in colored pencil. Continue posting your work.

Brian

TessDB
04-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Thank you Farrukh! Lovely work.

What size are these?

Tess

CPM
04-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Farrukh, These are great. I really like the "Muhammed" Calligraphy. If you interlaced the corners creating more of a braid, you would have created a "Arabic Knot" to go along with our "Celtic Knots". Awesome! - Chris

sabrestallion
04-03-2006, 09:10 AM
Thank you Farrukh! Lovely work.

What size are these?

Tess

A3 Size, around 11"x17", and 12"x12"

Farrukh, These are great. I really like the "Muhammed" Calligraphy. If you interlaced the corners creating more of a braid, you would have created a "Arabic Knot" to go along with our "Celtic Knots". Awesome! - Chris

thank u Chris, maybe i will try them next time

sassybird
04-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Farrukh, these are both beautiful pieces. I love the use of the colored pencil.