PDA

View Full Version : I'm Too Sexy for My Rug-WIP

Obedec
03-31-2006, 08:20 PM
This is my latest...it's very small, but I'm not sure it qualifies for miniature. I got carried away and am actually using dental tools and a magnifying glass to get the detail I want. I hope to have it done tomorrow...I got pestered today by the local gossip and busybody, sigh.

My other computer is possessed (it turns itself off and on and runs programs when it feels like except when it's unplugged). I thought I'd lost all my document stuff, but fortunately, even though that computer told me there was nothing on the disc, there was everything (so it lies too). Anyway, when I was scanning through the pictures, I found this one. I don't remember when I took it, but it definitely grabbed me to do.

I've included a shot of the original photo and the tool I'm using. Scratchboard is ampersand...it's a 5x7.
KMHendrickson
Persistence Payshttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Mar-2006/48983-Im_Too_Sexy_For_My_Rug_2.jpg

Mary Woodul
03-31-2006, 11:23 PM
This is looking great. I'm looking forward to seeing it through.

Jakeally
04-01-2006, 05:18 AM
Lol... I came running fast when I saw the title of this thread. Thought I would have to put my moderator cap on:D

This is looking so good KM. The dental tool makes such fine marks and will enable you to get some incredible detail. Looking forward to watching as you progress.

Don't you just love computers:D :wave:

Obedec
04-01-2006, 10:24 AM
I didn't want to make it Parker on a Rug,but I kept thinking of everyone that has the baby picture on a bear skin rug and that song, I'm to sexy for my clothes kept running through my mind (and I don't know why, I don't like the song), so I tweaked it a bit. LOL.
Karen

Obedec
04-01-2006, 09:31 PM
This one started out originally as "I'm too sexy for my rug". But, as it developed, this title came to me and I tweaked the picture to reflect it. It's a 5x7 Ampersand board. I worked only with a dental pick and a magnifying glass. The rug was done with a fiberglass brush. I colored the eyes, but left it untouched otherwise. I figure I'll make prints and color them. I gave myself a deadline on this one. I started it yesterday morning and it's about six now. I wanted to have one last original to send to the National show...this gives me three originals. I'm hoping they'll all sell, and touch the heart, but this one, more than the others, touched my heart. I have a very special spot for the retired dogs, and I think this one says it all. (Oh yes, Parker was the model)
KMHendrickson
Persistence Payshttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Apr-2006/48983-Retired...Finished.jpg

Jakeally
04-02-2006, 03:59 AM
Wow.. you did do this quickly and what a super job. The rug looks so soft and a great contrast between it and the dogs fur:clap: :clap:
Just lovely KM

Obedec
04-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Thank you Chris...I've been dying to get to something...j.o.b. has gotten in the way.
Karen