PDA

View Full Version : A ships tail (wip)

fugitive
03-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Not sure why the Golden Hind was famous, but it was a fairly early one, going by the lines. I perfer the clipper ships, and shall do one later, but wanted to start out on a more simple one, as I've been thinking about doing a ship for yrs, but now is now. Painter 8

barryt
03-31-2006, 12:42 PM
wow well in there already, going to be dynamic I think.

LadyAlba
03-31-2006, 12:45 PM
Yep this definitely has the wow factor going...I admire anyone that can paint a ship! LOL ;o)

justjean
03-31-2006, 01:00 PM
Greg, how beautiful:clap: , looking forward to your next posting of it. By the way The Golden Hind was Sir Francis Drake's ship

digistyle
03-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Not a subject that we see a lot around here. Good stuff!

digistyle

Yako
03-31-2006, 07:24 PM
Like the clean colors you used:)

fugitive
04-01-2006, 02:21 AM
Yep this definitely has the wow factor going...I admire anyone that can paint a ship! LOL ;o)
Can't you? It's not magic, easier than a face, just a few more parts on some. I've been loving ships since th 5th grade, and drew hundreds back then, but haven't painted one since the sixties. Clipper comeing soon, nothin' but sails.:cat:

LadyAlba
04-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Can't you? It's not magic, easier than a face, just a few more parts on some. I've been loving ships since th 5th grade, and drew hundreds back then, but haven't painted one since the sixties. Clipper comeing soon, nothin' but sails.:cat:
I have tried several times on canvas and ended up turping them off LOL there is just something about ships, boats, or any kind of water vessel that I seem to have a block with of course I don't get out in the water in anything either. :lol:

Jin
04-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Greg,

This is very nice! I love especially the way you've painted the sails with multiple colors and vertical strokes following the sails' contours.

For those who might want to learn more about this ship (including me), the Golden Hind, here's the interesting wikipedia.org Golden Hind page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Hind

In case you miss the link at the bottom of that page, here's the link to a long article on the Golden Hind at the Houghton Mifflin College Division site:

http://college.hmco.com/history/readerscomp/ships/html/sh_039600_goldenhind.htm

omniartz
04-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Great Ship!! Good colors and lighting! Nicely done!! :)

fugitive
04-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Nothin' like a good ship to get a man to see. Thanks

fugitive
04-03-2006, 04:18 AM
It's getting close, maybe it will get finished, as I want to do some more, newer ships.

barryt
04-03-2006, 04:29 AM
GG (Great, Greg) I love the sails and the rigging and the guns and the sea...

fugitive
04-03-2006, 06:18 AM
Kinda makes you want to do one, huh? Well, make one. Everything gets divided into layers so the rigging has it's own layer, etc. just makes things go smoother, unless one gets bogged down in layers and I have/do. I talked to a guy one time, that said he worked with a 100 layers in his stuff, but for me, twenty is the top, and most don't need even that many. Thanks

TxAggieDarlin
04-05-2006, 12:09 PM
You know, I think this is my favorite of everything you have painted....You just painted this perfectly.......it is truly wonderful...you need to do more ships/boats/water...great job

fugitive
04-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Then you need to see what the hall monitor over in http://www.indeptharts.com/?
said to me; I won't even be answering his wong, and it also rememinded me why I left that place in '04. Now; sorry, that is so sweet, and I'll try to think positive, and let these angelic words soothe my acheing head. Thank you. G.

Skinny
04-05-2006, 06:58 PM
This is definitely my all time favorite of your's! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

fugitive
04-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Who woulda known; I coulda done ships a long time ago, in fact, some of my very first paintings were of boats, their here in WC. Thank you Kriston.