PDA

View Full Version : That's my boy!

JCoop
03-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Hello gang. This is my heart, Jaxon.

Painted with the acrylic brush that was loaned to me by Janet.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2006/30872-jaxxy_scrn1.jpg

I have been criticized publicly by a member who will remain nameless (for now), for not sharing this brush. I've explained that it is not mine to share, but that apparently doesn't matter to this member.

Janet has expressed her desire to share the brush, but within the context of an artistic project that she is working hard on... complete with tutorials. So I'm asking this member to be patient... It's important that within the borders of WetCanvas!, peoples rights to there intellectual property are respected.

TxAggieDarlin
03-30-2006, 12:14 PM
PEOPLE can be such a pain......I understand about the brush...Hello, people, the brush belongs to Janet!!!

Anyway, you really did a wonderful job on Jaxon and he would be easy to love, he is a doll. How old is he? You really got an oil painting look to this one. Great job!

LadyAlba
03-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Hello gang. This is my heart, Jaxon.

Painted with the acrylic brush that was loaned to me by Janet.

I have been criticized publicly by a member who will remain nameless (for now), for not sharing this brush. I've explained that it is not mine to share, but that apparently doesn't matter to this member.

Janet has expressed her desire to share the brush, but within the context of an artistic project that she is working hard on... complete with tutorials. So I'm asking this member to be patient... It's important that within the borders of WetCanvas!, peoples rights to there intellectual property are respected.
1. Fantastic painting of Jaxon and my gosh he is getting big!! :) :thumbsup: Your love for him comes through in every painting of him. I love the effect of the brush too!

2. No explanation of the "Brush thing" is needed from you we all know who the brush belongs to and we all know who the member is....hey you can't please everyone all the time so just continue painting through it. LOL

justjean
03-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Beautiful painting and strokes :thumbsup: , the rich dark colours makes me think of some of the old masters .Joel he will be part of your heart forever :)

Chiers
03-30-2006, 01:29 PM
Joel another terrific painting of that lil doll! Some kids grow up and have albums upon albums of photographs of themself through the years. This lil child is going to have albums upon albums of paintings to look back on. How fortunate he is to have such a loving parent.

As far as the brush thing.....I think most of us knew already:thumbsup: Heck, even if it was your creation you certainly wouldn't have an obligation to give it away. Like Marge says, you can't please everyone all the time. And some, you can never please. Oh well;)

maria_khurram
03-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Joel, he is adorable. You made another masterpiece.:thumbsup:

JCoop
03-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Darlin, thank you! He's three and a half. Marge, i'm thrilled that you like it too. Jean, you're way to generous... "old masters"... maybe in 100 years.:D Sherry, ya think he'll know what he looked like as a kid?:D I never get tired of painting him. Maria, thanks kindly. And thank you all for understanding about the brush situation. Sorry to interject such an off-topic subject into the thread.

Thanks again!:)

cpart
03-30-2006, 03:58 PM
:eek: I've no idea what the brush issue is, but what you have done with it is AMAZING :D

JCoop
03-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Stu, you don't really want to know about the brush deal... it's a distraction.

Thank you very kindly for your nice words.:)

omniartz
03-31-2006, 12:44 PM
Wow! Your ability to capture a person is marvelous! I love this image! enuff said :clap:

barryt
03-31-2006, 12:44 PM
Need I say it Joel? :) Oh ok, Another lovely portrait. How old is Jaxon?

digistyle
03-31-2006, 05:26 PM
Love that expression! Nice colors!