PDA

View Full Version : A4 pixel size

roachford
03-27-2006, 06:55 AM
Hi,

If I wanted to scale an image (that has ample resolution) to fit as near to A4 size, what dimensions should it be e.g 800x600 pixels ??????

Thanks

Dan

justjean
03-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Hi Dan, sorry I can't help but maybe someone will drop by that knows :)

Jin
03-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Hi Dan,

First you'd need to make sure the image to be resized is in proportion to A4 size. Otherwise, you'd need to either crop or add pixels to make it the same proportions as A4.

My English Painter version uses the following units of measure in the Canvas > Resize dialog box:

pixels
inches
CM
columns

On the conversion charts I've seen, it seems A4 measurements are shown in milimeters and inches, not in centimeters, so if your Painter language version uses the same units of measure mine does, look up the A4 measurements in milimeters or inches on this site:

Paper Size Conversion Chart (http://www.conservationresources.com.au/home/customised_products/made_to_order/size_conversion.php)

If you want to use CM (centimeters) as the unit of measure, convert the A4 measurements in milimeters to centimeters on this site:

Metric Length and Distance Conversions (http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_metric.htm)

When you're finished coverting the metric measurements for A4 paper to a unit of measure you can use in Painter's Canvas > Resize dialog box:

Open a new Canvas, change the unit of measure for Width and Height appropriately, type the measurements into the Width and Height fields, type the Resolution (PPI or pixels per inch), and click the OK button.

The next time you open the Canvas > Resize dialog box, you can temporarily change the unit of measure to pixels, inches, CM, or any of the other units of measure. While you're checking the various units of measure and comparing the corresponding dimensions, your Canvas remains the same size as long as you don't change anything else, and hit the Cancel button to exit the dialog box.

This can be confusing when typing it, but it's not difficult to do. I hope that I made it clear enough.

Good luck!

Teucho
03-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Hi,

If I wanted to scale an image (that has ample resolution) to fit as near to A4 size, what dimensions should it be e.g 800x600 pixels ??????

Thanks

Dan

The answer is 794 x 1122 pixels

justjean
03-26-2008, 10:37 AM
:D lets hope he got his answer long before now :D

MaloCS
03-26-2008, 12:04 PM
WOW! 2 years. :thumbsup::clap: