PDA

View Full Version : Little Jinny's Brush© Pot for Paulo

Jin
03-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Congrats on the new forum!

Here's a little contribution, painted from imagination using a custom brush variant created and shared by Paulo Roberto Purim, named Jinny's Brush© back when he and I co-moderated the Painter Can forum at In Depth Discussions (now In Depth Arts). Paulo's bouquet of flowers painted with this brush variant and presented with the gift brush download was marvelous as his work always is. Mine not so marvelous but fun to do anyway.

http://www.pixelalley.com/painterforum-indepth/little_jinnys_brush_pot_for_paulo_02.jpg

P.S. I did a double-take seeing this forum's name the first time, thinking I might be in the wrong place and time. ;)

If you ever hear I've launched a new website using a similar name, it's because I bought the domain name painteralley.com a few years ago, about the time TutorAlley Forums was launched in 2002. That would make a trio of Corel Painter-focused sister sites, PixelAlley.com (launched in 1999 - free tutorials and other resources), TutorAlley.com (launched in 2002 - message board and teaching site), and PainterAlley.com (awaiting launch - gallery for Painter artists whose work is terrific but not as well known as that of artists highlighted on the Corel site ("Painter Masters")... and whatever else seems appropriate at the time).

Clearly, I think PainterAlley and Painters Alley are good names! :thumbsup:

LadyAlba
03-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Looks good! ;o)

Jin
03-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Thanks again, Marge. :)

The colors look a little wimpy against the pale message board background, don't they?

Chiers
03-27-2006, 02:38 AM
Mine not so marvelous but fun to do anyway.

Well everything we paint cannot be a masterpiece but if we are enjoying the time we spend doing it that's what really counts.

justjean
03-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Looks good Jin :) and I like the colours you have used

JCoop
03-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Jin, I think it's a great little piece. I really like way the stroke in the flower feels.

The forum name is really catchy, isn't it? We are all so proud of this new edition. Let us know when painteralley.com lauches.:)

TxAggieDarlin
03-27-2006, 09:52 AM
I think it has an oriental flare....I like it

omniartz
03-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Jin, very lovely and delicate!! :)

Jin
03-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Jean,

Thanks! :)

Joel,

And thank you too, for the kind words!

Paulo's Jinny's Brush© or Jinny's© Brush (he adds the copyright symbol to his shared custom brushes :cool: ), is fun to paint with. It's juicy and almost paints by itself. I love the way it drags existing color to produce very different and sometimes surprising effects.

Here are the basic settings so you'll get some idea of what I mean:

Dab Type: Circular
Stroke Type: Rake
Method: Drip
Subcategory: Hard Drip
Opacity: 100%
Grain: 52%

Yep, I'll let everyone know when PainterAlley is launched, if that ever happens. There's so darned much to do and so little time! Guess you know what I mean.

Aggie,

Thanks. I guess the simplicity does tend to give it an oriental look. Hadn't thought of that.

Kirk,

Thank you! :)

fugitive
03-28-2006, 11:34 AM
I can't see your pic, but was stimulated by the words, as I used to read & see Paulos work and it was superb. I woulld love to get hands on some Paulos brushes. Seems like he used to post them, I musta had some but don't know. On the list you just put up is that for an Oil, or doesn't matter? keys are sticking. Don't you have new stuff to post that you did recently or just don't have the time.

Jin
03-28-2006, 01:28 PM
I can't see your pic, but was stimulated by the words, as I used to read & see Paulos work and it was superb.

Here's the link. Maybe you'll be able to click it and see the image that way.

Little Jinny's Brush© Pot for Paulo (http://www.pixelalley.com/painterforum-indepth/little_jinnys_brush_pot_for_paulo_02.jpg)

I woulld love to get hands on some Paulos brushes. Seems like he used to post them, I musta had some but don't know.

Paulo used to share his custom brushes at In Depth Discussions a long time ago but they moved the site and a lot was lost in the shuffle.

You'll find a few of Paulo's Water Color custom variants available to download on m PixelAlley Site as he gave me permission to host them there.

Painter 7 Custom Water Color Brushes (http://www.pixelalley.com/Painter7/painter7-water-color-brushes.html)

They can all be used in Painter 7, Painter 8, and Painter IX.

Other custom variants created by Paulo I can't share but if you can find Paulo you could ask him about them. He can usually be found at the newer version of the old In Depth Discussions:

In Depth Arts (http://www.indeptharts.org/)

On the list you just put up is that for an Oil, or doesn't matter?

Those are just the most basic brush control settings found in the General secion of the Brush Creator's Stroke Designer tab. No, they're not for an Oil variant. It's one that doesn't really fit into any brush category, just a custom variant Paulo cooked up.

keys are sticking. Don't you have new stuff to post that you did recently or just don't have the time.

I don't have much time to paint or create other art but you can see what I've shared here by doing a search for threads started by me in the Digital Art forum.

fugitive
03-28-2006, 01:51 PM

Here's a little contribution, painted from imagination using a custom brush variant created and shared by Paulo Roberto Purim, named Jinny's Brush© back when he and I co-moderated the Painter Can forum at In Depth Discussions (now In Depth Arts). Paulo's bouquet of flowers painted with this brush variant and presented with the gift brush download was marvelous as his work always is. Mine not so marvelous but fun to do anyway.

http://www.pixelalley.com/painterforum-indepth/little_jinnys_brush_pot_for_paulo_02.jpg

P.S. I did a double-take seeing this forum's name the first time, thinking I might be in the wrong place and time. ;)

If you ever hear I've launched a new website using a similar name, it's because I bought the domain name painteralley.com a few years ago, about the time TutorAlley Forums was launched in 2002. That would make a trio of Corel Painter-focused sister sites, PixelAlley.com (launched in 1999 - free tutorials and other resources), TutorAlley.com (launched in 2002 - message board and teaching site), and PainterAlley.com (awaiting launch - gallery for Painter artists whose work is terrific but not as well known as that of artists highlighted on the Corel site ("Painter Masters")... and whatever else seems appropriate at the time).

Read your post before coming, (special program) and went to your site, and the brush that I wanted most, was not there, it said it was MIA (lost), the watercolor texture brush. Thanks for all your help, as it's getting harder to hunt all the things down. Perhaps I'll be learning to make some good ones, already did one the other day. BTW, this new Twisted Brush has some marv brushes, and diff than the ones in Painter. One thing you can do with real brushes that I've never been about to do, until TB is dab with the end bristals and I found one there thaat would do that. There are other real world phenomina that I know that don''t work in digi, like smushing, ask me about smushing some time;-) G.

fugitive
03-31-2006, 11:49 AM

But where's the brush to go with the pictute, no brush? :(

barryt
03-31-2006, 12:42 PM
that's the sort of image that always inspires me to be looser. Love it.

Jin
03-31-2006, 02:35 PM
Greg,

No brush. For one thing, it's Paulo's custom brush variant and not mine to share, even if he did name it after me.

Barry,

Thank you! I'm glad it inspires you to paint more loosely.