PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Demo

JanB
03-26-2006, 05:32 PM
I went to the opening of a faculty art show which I am part of today and on the spur of the moment the art center director asked me if I would do painting demonstration for the guests :eek: Basically I took the composition from yesterday's plein air, rearranged a few things changed the season to more summery feel and well here it is.....

Hammonaett Memories
16x20, oil/canvas

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Mar-2006/48727-hammonasset_memories.JPG

C&C Welcome

PenNPaint
03-31-2006, 12:08 PM
Jan,

I like the way that you handled the distant colors in this. The eye also flows nicely through the painting. I also like the colors that you used.

JanB
04-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks Patty....Wow just noticed you're in Northford, CT , I live down on the shore in Clinton! I take my kids skating at the Ice Pavillion and I stop and paint along Rt22 sometimes on the way home!

This is a very warm palette of colors I've been using lately...Naples Yel, cad, yel light, hansa yel/or, trans.ox red, quin. red, ult. bl, white. It seems to be working well for this time of year.

PenNPaint
04-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Hi, Jan,

Yes, I noticed that you live close by. Rte 22 has so many great places to paint, but also there are wonderful areas not far from my house.

It's hard for me to decide what to paint next, with all of the choices. I hope to do more plein air painting this year. I've joined the Ct. Plein Air Society and hope to do some paint outs. Are you a member?

Patty

JanB
04-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Yes, I belong to CPAPS too! I'm hoping to be at the first paintout Apr. 23/24, keeping my fingers crossed for good weather.

PenNPaint
04-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Good. I hope to see you there. I hope all talk of snow is in the past by then. (Note the forcast for snowshowers tomorrow.) I'm ready to get outside and enjoy the nice Spring weather. With New England weather being so unpredictable lately, it will be interesting to see how the paintout goes. The end of April is when the tender light green leaves are just appearing- my favorite time of the year.

I want to really work hard on plein air painting this year. I've done a number of paintings from photos, but I know that there's nothing like painting from life and I'm now ready to really work at it. It looks like we will have some great locations to paint this year with CPAPS. And, there are so many talented people in the group, so I'm hoping to pick up some pointers. Just watching others as they paint would be helpful.

sundiver
04-06-2006, 05:44 AM
You acquited yourself very well for a spur-of-the-moment, all-eyes-on-you experience! Love all those yellows.

Brad121
06-14-2006, 03:47 PM
The colours are pleasing..thanks for sharing.

Brad

brianc
06-24-2006, 09:08 AM
Jan, wonderful sunny feeling. You do great work under pressure.