PDA

View Full Version : Jean's Mommy...

JCoop
03-26-2006, 01:21 PM
My first post in the Alley!!!:wave:

I'm thrilled that Jean trusted me with a painting for her mom. I still have some small refining to do and some color to work in, but I'd like to go ahead and share it.

I also cropped it pretty close for posting, but there is actually more room around the portrait.

Jean, Thank you!!! I know that in your ref your mom was wearing glasses, but I like to always give my special clients the opportunity to see the portrait before I add the glasses... just in case. I will add the glasses at your request.

Jean, I tried reall hard for you and I look forward to your feedback, as well as the rest of you all.:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Mar-2006/30872-scrn1_w_o_glasses.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Mar-2006/30872-scrn2_w_o_glasses_cls.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Mar-2006/30872-scrn3_w_o_glasses_cls.jpg

justjean
03-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Joel I love it , you have done a marvelous job :thumbsup: and I would like glasses please cause thats Mom :) by the way I have sent you a pm :) . She's not a bad looking old dame who will be 95 in June and you have done her and me proud thanks again Joel :D :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup::D

Elvira
03-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Wonderful Joel! This is a treasure you have created a heirloom for Jean and her family!
Edie

justjean
03-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Just back looking and admiring it again :) and what wonderful texture on the painting Joel :thumbsup:

justjean
03-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Just back looking and admiring it again :) :thumbsup: I'm so pleased and excited :lol:

barryt
03-26-2006, 03:16 PM
I gather you quite like it Jean :)
I do too. Well done JC, I like your palette.
(A lovely old lady)

leofaerie17
03-26-2006, 03:55 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Just brilliant what a regal lady:thumbsup:

LadyAlba
03-26-2006, 04:07 PM
WOW!!! You have done a beautiful job on a beautiful lady! I know Jean is very happy (I do agree she needs her glasses to be complete) with this and the family and her mother I am sure will absolutely LOVE IT!! :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JCoop
03-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Thanks for all of your great responses... and Jean, your reaction just warmed my heart.:heart:

Here is the painting which incorporates Jean's requests (add glasses, darker eye color, and changed the pink hue in the bkrnd to tan). Jean, I await your response.:) Thanks again everyone!:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Mar-2006/30872-scrn4_w_glasses.jpg

justjean
03-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Joel... thats my MOM you have done a fantastic painting I love everything about it .. the colour, texture, strokes and best of all it looks just like her. But then I knew I was going to get a winner when I approached you to paint her. thankyou, thankyou :thumbsup:oh and did I say I LOVE it :D

JCoop
03-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Jean, I had a lots of fun painting her!... we both received a lot of joy from your mom's portrait. I can't thank you enough for your graciousness. I know how much these types of portraits mean to families... i'm just so glad that the portrait agrees with you.:)

digistyle
03-26-2006, 05:59 PM
This is one of your best!!!!

digistyle

Yako
03-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Woooooow! it's great!:clap: It's my idea or you've made a subtle change in your style (type of brushstrokes or brushes perhaps?)

LadyAlba
03-26-2006, 10:20 PM
BRAVO JOEL!!! She just came to life with the glasses and the change in the coloring. Just a fantastic job on this I agree with Digi this is one of your BEST!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elvira
03-26-2006, 10:22 PM
WOW! this has to be one of your best if not your best, this painting lives!!!!!!
I love the way you paint!
Edie

einna
03-27-2006, 12:15 AM
I do not know the lady, but gee ,she looks gorgeous painted here as she is. Love the warm, quiet colors and the expression is fantastic. THe hair is well done also. I like her more without the glasses, because her character comes out more vividly on her pleasant face but i understand.. she needs them badly as do i...lol GOrgeous work, Joel!:wave:

Chiers
03-27-2006, 02:31 AM
Wow Joel, superb!! A really terrific portrait. I do agree with Jean about the glasses though. Those of the kinds of thing that identify us with the world. I always think that a portrait should be painted just the way a person is. My most cherished pictures are the ones that depict my loved ones the way they are and express themselfs in day to day living, not the ones done at glamour shots. Which by the way, are very good too. lol

Jean, your mom looks terrific. Something about her looks like a lady who knows just who she is. And thats a very good thing.

dragonjewell
03-27-2006, 05:52 AM
Wow!!! just fantastic:thumbsup: :clap:

JCoop
03-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Sincerely, your responses mean a great deal to me. We as artists always need to feel that we are moving forward along the evolutionary learning curve.

Kareen, my style is essentially the same... I think I'm just developing more experience with it. Janet loaned me this acrylic brush a while ago and i've been really trying to push and tweak it to see what it can do.

You've all really filled me up today.;)

maria_khurram
03-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Joel, thats wicked cool. :thumbsup:

TxAggieDarlin
03-27-2006, 09:55 AM
oh my gosh oh my gosh...........it is awesome..........I love it.

omniartz
03-27-2006, 12:16 PM
Joel you are a master! This is so well done, wow! Love the details, her expression, the coloring, lighting, wow! Amazing! :wave: :D

Shan Khurram
03-28-2006, 04:36 AM
WOW.:thumbsup:

JCoop
03-28-2006, 09:55 AM
Maria, Darlin, Kirk and Shan... you guys are a constant source of support... I can't thank you enough.:)