PDA

View Full Version : My lastest painting... "Spring Paradise"

tvandeb
03-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Hi, I am new to the forums, this is the lastest painting I finished today.
It is acrylic with glaze medium, on canvas board. It is the first time I have attemped to do a stream going down rocks. I did this as an exercise for a course I'm taking. Any comments are welcome. Thank you all. :wave:
Tammy Jo!http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Mar-2006/71359-spring_paradise_falls.gif

monica88
03-26-2006, 02:40 AM
Is this the first time you're doing acrylics? I like this, except i would suggest maybe darkening the edges and corners slightly to kind of frame it, or in some other way tie it together more. Otherwise maybe some stronger contrasts would help "finish" it.

tvandeb
03-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Thank you, I will try doing the edges different. No, I have done acrylics before many years ago. To brush up on it again I took a beginning painting class, locally. The assignment was to do water falling down. This is the first time
since I started painting a year ago, I had a fear of doing something in acrylics. I conquered that fear, now I want to do it again. I can't quit figure out how to make the rocks stand out more, maybe lighterin some areas???

idcrisis55
03-28-2006, 04:35 PM
I enjoyed seeing your painting and hope you will continue to post more of your work. Falling water is difficult to do I think, but you rose to the challenge.

Ann