PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to our new Calligraphy Sub-Forum

valchina612
03-25-2006, 06:49 PM
WHOO-HOO, Welcome to our new Calligraphy Sub-Forum. I am looking so forward to seeing everyone's Calligraphy, and taking part whenever I can myself. Thanks so much Brian for starting the ball rolling in the beginning. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

Merry Scribe
03-25-2006, 06:58 PM
WHOO-HOO, Welcome to our new Calligraphy Sub-Forum. I am looking so forward to seeing everyone's Calligraphy, and taking part whenever I can myself. Thanks so much Brian for starting the ball rolling in the beginning. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank You Val you were the one that helped me to even get it started and Thank everyone who supported the effort.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Brian:D :D :D:D :D :D

Autumnwillow
03-26-2006, 12:53 AM
:wave: I feel such a sense of accomplishment, I voted and it came to fruition!! How exciting... thanks for getting us our own sub-forum!!:clap: :clap:

Jakeally
03-26-2006, 02:48 AM
I'm so happy this forum has finally arrived and I wish you all success.:clap: :clap: :clap:
I will trawl through the Pen and Ink archives and transfer all the Calligraphy threads over. Could take me a little while but it will be nice to have them all together in their new home.
If you need any houskeeping just let me know:D :wave:

sassybird
03-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Let me remind you that as a sub forum the mods of pen and ink will be looking over the calligraphy sub forum, so please let us know if there is anything that we can help you with. I'm happy this forum is finally up and running.

Autumnwillow
03-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Me too! Thanks Chris and Charissa for watching over us!

Michele

Stewartk
03-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to say hello!

I do mostly Japanese Calligraphy in the old way with ground ink and brush. I am very glad to see this Forum open too! and hope to add to it as much as I can!
Thank you for making it happen!

stew

Merry Scribe
03-28-2006, 04:39 PM
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to say hello!

I do mostly Japanese Calligraphy in the old way with ground ink and brush. I am very glad to see this Forum open too! and hope to add to it as much as I can!
Thank you for making it happen!

stew

\
All forms of calligraphy are welcome here and we are looking forward to see some of your work. Welcome aboard I know this is goring to be a great sub-forum

Anda G
03-29-2006, 09:46 PM
Wow! I just peeked in pen and ink to see if you're up. :clap: Cool.

I will keep my eye on this sub-forum. Congratulations, Brian.

Andagail

Merry Scribe
03-29-2006, 11:36 PM
Wow! I just peeked in pen and ink to see if you're up. :clap: Cool.

I will keep my eye on this sub-forum. Congratulations, Brian.

Andagail

Thank you Andagail it seems I am the only one showing their work and I feel a fool. But I want this forum to stay up so I will post everyday if I have to.

Brian your friendly neighborhood scribe.:wave: :D

valchina612
03-30-2006, 02:37 AM
Hi Brian,

We are very grateful to you for posting your Calligraphy WIP. I have been desperately searching for a photo I have of a Verse and Border I did a couple of years ago, but haven't come up with it as yet. When I do I will post it. It's great to have you keeping the interest going in our new Sub-forum. I think I have a photo on my computer of an inscription I wrote on the back of a Plaque and if I do have it, I'll post that one -- just text, no border or fancy work. At the moment I haven't the time to do a new piece, as I am working frantically for an Exhibition.
Keep posting Brian -- we are all watching with interest.

Merry Scribe
03-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Hi Brian,

We are very grateful to you for posting your Calligraphy WIP. I have been desperately searching for a photo I have of a Verse and Border I did a couple of years ago, but haven't come up with it as yet. When I do I will post it. It's great to have you keeping the interest going in our new Sub-forum. I think I have a photo on my computer of an inscription I wrote on the back of a Plaque and if I do have it, I'll post that one -- just text, no border or fancy work. At the moment I haven't the time to do a new piece, as I am working frantically for an Exhibition.
Keep posting Brian -- we are all watching with interest.

Thanks Val I am hoping to post the finish project today I hope.

Rose Queen
03-30-2006, 02:22 PM
...it seems I am the only one showing their work and I feel a fool. But I want this forum to stay up so I will post everyday if I have to.

No reason to feel a fool. It takes time to get a new forum off the ground. Go back and contact all the people who voted in the poll -- maybe they don't know the forum got established yet? Are you a member of other calligraphy websites and groups? Then get the word out to them. You don't build a town overnight -- folks gotta hear about it and move first!

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

artjunkie101
03-30-2006, 02:50 PM
This is so exciting! Thank you everyone who voted to get us this forum. I don't have any work to post at the moment, but I can't wait to see everyone else's and learn some new skills. :) :) :)

Jakeally
03-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Keep going Brian. These things take time to get off the ground. You are doing a terrific job:clap: :clap:

Autumnwillow
03-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Not doing any calligraphy at the moment to post, sorry... I just finished a mural today....

Michele

scribblet
04-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Wow I just found this, calligraphy is my first love, I was hoping to combine the two somehow. (watercolour and calligraph) but I had a problem with the gouache bleeding and feathering. (I generally prefer to write in gouache rather than ink). Maybe I will try to sumi ink.

Merry Scribe
04-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Wow I just found this, calligraphy is my first love, I was hoping to combine the two somehow. (watercolour and calligraph) but I had a problem with the gouache bleeding and feathering. (I generally prefer to write in gouache rather than ink). Maybe I will try to sumi ink.

I finely found someone else who profers to write with gouache instead of ink. I found that using velium keep the gouache from running and if you have to scrape to correct an error it cleans up well.

Brian your friendly nieghborhood scribe.:wave: :D

scribblet
04-15-2006, 06:15 PM
My favourite to practice with is Cad. red, its lovely to write with, and chromium Oxide is good too.

I do like the stick inks but rarely have the time to grind them. My favourites are boko uno ??? a Japanese stick ink which I don't think Pen & Ink sell any more, and its pricy, especially the coloured ones. I got to try them out when I took Reggie Ezell's year long class.

Then you need music to grind by :)

Graham McA
08-07-2006, 03:39 AM
Hello to all.
I have just found this place and the calligraphy forums.
I am glad to see the craft of calligraphy mixed in with the other arts.
About time too. Best wishes to all scribes.

Merry Scribe
08-07-2006, 04:10 AM
Hello to all.
I have just found this place and the calligraphy forums.
I am glad to see the craft of calligraphy mixed in with the other arts.
About time too. Best wishes to all scribes.

Welcome to the WC and the Calligraphy forum. We are always looking for Scribes and welcome new blood. Enjoy yourself and jump in when ever you want. We would love to see some of your work and if you have any question just ask and we will be glad to help..

Brian & Annie "The Merry Scribe" :wave: :D

LifeOfArt
02-11-2007, 12:06 PM
I have been a member to the Wet Canvas for a while. But have been away for some time. I was looking at the calligraphy, because I am interested in learning on how to do it. I bought some pens at the craft store. And I also have the nips that you have to dip into ink. but now I need to learn how to do it. If there are lessons on how to do Calligraphy. I would like to learn. I will continue looking for the lessons to come soon.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Merry Scribe
02-12-2007, 01:05 PM
I have been a member to the Wet Canvas for a while. But have been away for some time. I was looking at the calligraphy, because I am interested in learning on how to do it. I bought some pens at the craft store. And I also have the nips that you have to dip into ink. but now I need to learn how to do it. If there are lessons on how to do Calligraphy. I would like to learn. I will continue looking for the lessons to come soon.

Thanks! :thumbsup:
I would love to start a calligraphy class if there is an interest in learning calligraphy. For a starter though and if you are interested there is an excellent book you can get at Barns & Noble it is called "the Calligraphers Bible" this a very good book for the beginner and the exsperienced calligrapher. I use this book all of the time it has 100 different hands and it shows you how to do each hand. If post a poll to see how many in this forum would like to learn calligraphy then I would start a calligraphy class. If you do not know how to post a poll let me know and I will post one for you. I might even do it myself because I would love to teach calligraphy.

Blessed Be

Brian

bloodgroove
12-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Here are some of my works:

http://battlesteel.googlepages.com/%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%84%D0%B8%D1%8F

But why is this new calligraphy sub-forum :confused:
Should I post evrything twice?

LifeOfArt
01-29-2009, 05:31 PM
I thought I would check to see if the Calligraphy is up and running again. I enjoyed it so much. Then I seen that it was up and going in 2006. And with this being 2009, I am taking it that we are no longer going to Calligraphy again. I hope I am wrong,

Please let me know if a new Calligraphy form starts.

Hiraeth
01-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Hi Life of Art! :wave:

The calligraphy forum is going strong! We just started a new weekly calligraphy challenge--check out the threads below and join us!

If you are looking for a tutorial, I think for now at least, not much is going on.

Poke around in the threads; the calligraphy forums are up and running!:thumbsup:

I thought I would check to see if the Calligraphy is up and running again. I enjoyed it so much. Then I seen that it was up and going in 2006. And with this being 2009, I am taking it that we are no longer going to Calligraphy again. I hope I am wrong,

Please let me know if a new Calligraphy form starts.

jjsangel
01-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Hey Life of Art...Yep we are up and running. We would love to have you join us in our new weekly challenge. Come on in...