PDA

View Full Version : Painter 9.5 Question: Noise

digistyle
03-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Sometimes, I like to use the noise filter to add texture to my work. When I looked for it in P 9.5, I didn't see it as an option. Anyone know if the filter shipped with Painter and where on the menu I can find it?

For those interested in the process:

I fill a blank canvas with color.
I fill the colored canvas with noise and play with the opacity slider until I get texture that I'm looking for.
I create a new layer and start drawing/painting.

Since I couldn't find the filter in Painter, I created one in Photoshop and used it in Painter.

Here's a sample:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Mar-2006/1629-noise.JPG

The resulting scribble:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Mar-2006/1629-noise_exp1.jpg

digistyle

LadyAlba
03-25-2006, 09:55 PM
I couldn't find noise either so I used the Fine Wheel Airbrush to add it where I want it on a seperate layer I adjusted the Feature setting to 0.2 instead of the 7 then use the opacity slider or just used the opacity slider on the airbrush. ;o)

fugitive
03-26-2006, 09:24 AM
I just cked my hd and have several noise thingys, psp has some, and the Pen Tools that come with some Graphire tablets have one to. My fave is the chisel tool, you can sign your work with the pen and add no colors, it's takes the existing ones and makes high and low contrast pixels that allow one to be Subtle with the name. Something some peeps have never learned.

omniartz
03-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Great sketch, digi! Nice texture, however you get it it looks fine! :)

Mr_Pen
03-27-2006, 07:32 AM
Hi digistyle!

If I've miss-understood your q, forgive me.
How about changing indicators of the effects as followings.(I use Painte IX.5 but Japanese lauguage ver, so I don't know the english names)

effects > surface > distress

surface > focus > through glass

Jin
03-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Mr_Pen,

Maybe this'll help.

In Painter English versions, those Effects menu options are:

Effects > Surface Control > Distress

Using:

Original Luminance (Pattern or user specified Clone Source)
Grain (Paper)

Effects > Focus > Glass Distortion

Using:

Paper
3D Brush Strokes (Pattern or user specified Clone Source)
Image Luminance (current image)
Original Luminance (Pattern or user specified Clone Source)

digistyle
03-28-2006, 09:45 PM
I couldn't find noise either so I used the Fine Wheel Airbrush to add it where I want it on a seperate layer I adjusted the Feature setting to 0.2 instead of the 7 then use the opacity slider or just used the opacity slider on the airbrush. ;o)

Thats a great suggestion. I going to have to try it.

Mr. Pen and Jin,
Thanks, I'll try that out, too!

Thanks for the help, folks!