PDA

View Full Version : question about painter........

TxAggieDarlin
03-23-2006, 12:58 PM
I am trying to make a new brush (GRRR)

and the tutorial said they made under the digital watercolor and then talked about blending the colors.....Ok, so made it and I cannot blend this at all. Can you or can you not blend the watercolors? Maybe I should make this brush somewhere else? Is there something I can change on the settings to make it blendable (not sure that is a word, but you know what I mean)
Thanks all

fugitive
03-23-2006, 02:36 PM
I'd try a water brush.

Jin
03-24-2006, 06:02 AM
Aggie,

First:

Painter IX Watercolors and Painter IX Digital Watercolors are two different brush categories, with different brush technology, and they work very differently.

Second:

Without knowing how the brush variant was built, it's not possible to know what might need to be changed.

If the tutorial was from a class you're taking, I don't want to see it because someone else is being paid to teach you and it's their tutorial to distribute however they choose... only they have the right to decide where it may be published or shared.

If the tutorial is one that's available to the public and you can point me to the website, I can read it and try to figure out what's going on.

Yes, we can blend Painter IX Digital Watercolor paint depending on the brush variant and its brush controls.

Blending Painter IX Watercolor is a different story and it has to be done using different techniques.

Greg,

There is no Water brush category in Painter IX. If you mean the older version Water category's Just Add Water variant or another one from that brush category, they're likely to be found in the Painter IX Blenders category but that won't necessarily be the answer to Aggie's problem.

In Painter IX, wet Digital Watercolor can't be blended with brush variants from other brush categories. Brush variants from other brush categories can only be used to blend Digital Watercolor paint after it's been dried by using the Dry Digital Watercolor command by using File > Clone, or by saving the file in another format than Painter's native RIFF.

In Painter 7, Painter 8, and Painter IX, Watercolor paint can't be blended with brush variants from other brush categories unless the Watercolor Layer is either converted to a Default Layer, dropped to the Canvas, or saved in a format other than Painter's native RIFF, any and all of which will dry the wet Watercolor paint.

I may have forgotten other methods of drying Painter IX Digital Watercolor and Watercolor paint but those are most if not all of them.

Of course once the Digital Watercolor or Watercolor paint is dried, it can't be worked on again the way it could while it remained wet.

TxAggieDarlin
03-24-2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks, Jinny. It was a site online and I THOUGHT I followed his instructions, but I probably messed something up. It was digital watercolor, but I was not able to blend any of them, not just the brush I was working on........will go back in and try some more......Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.