PDA

View Full Version : Dianna Ponting workshop report

Kathryn Day
03-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi all,
I am back home and finally caught up with work. Well, sort of, just taking a tiny break to post this. :evil: My visit to Montana was wonderful, got to see two grandchildren get ready and go to prom. What fun! Both my children were doing great and we wished that time would stop, when it was time to catch the plane. :( Dixie and I attended Dianna's workshop, there were 13 counting us, I believe. Dianna is a fun, patient, teacher, who really shares her expertise. She set us up with a fruit study the first day. Showed us how to do the background, then let us get going. She works one section at a time, which took me a little getting used to, but I found it works very well for still lifes, and probably other subjects also. Everyone did the same project the first day and we were all quite surprised that we all finished up by the end of the day. On Friday we were to come prepared with our own reference to do a painting. Dixe and I both picked one from the RIL. I finished mine, but Dixie's had lots more detail so she will be finishing it up at home. Ok, now for the pictures. 1. dianna teaching 2. Dixie and her painting 3. Me and and my painting in progress 4. Lois' painting (I really liked this one) 5. Class hard at work.

I will post my two paintings from the workshop in a new thread in the pastel studio.

M Douglas
03-22-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi Kathy, i'm so glad you had such a wonderful time both with your family and the class. Thanks for posting the pictures, both yours and Dixie's pictures look great so far. I can see why you like Lisa's painting its fantastic.

Melodie

*Marina*
03-23-2006, 07:08 AM
It sounds as if you had a lovely time. It looks as if you had a lot of fun. Thanks for taking the pictures and posting them. Must be great being able to do a workshop like this together with you daughter. I am so looking forward to the workshop of Dianna in Sudbury, UK.

Khadres
03-23-2006, 07:41 AM
What a blast that must've been! Sounds like you had a GREAT holiday, family, class and all combined! How many days did the workshop last?

CindyW
03-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Kathy, thanks for sharing! What a great way for Mom and Daughter to spend some quality time together! And to meet Dianna and share her techniques, just lovely. Your works are beautiful as posted in the soft pastels studio forum.
Cindy

Kathryn Day
03-23-2006, 04:06 PM
The workshop was two days from 9:30 to 4:30 each day, with an hour for lunch. It was at a art supply store.

E-J
03-26-2006, 05:59 AM
Hi Kathy - thanks for sharing these pics! It looks as if Dianna really pulls quality out of all her students - all the paintings are wonderful and you must have come away really fired up about your pastelling.

I'm disappointed that I'll have to miss her upcoming UK workshop but I can't wait to see the posts from that too!