PDA

View Full Version : Wave update

onefromheaven
02-21-2002, 02:29 PM
I have added more wrist and some sleeve to this piece, and will most likely put it on a base. Would it be appropriate to epoxy the sculpture to a wodden or stone base or is there a better way to do this? It's really been hard to get good pics because there hasn't been any sun for a week or more and the flash is too yucky, sorry, hope it's not too dark.

For fun, when you look at this 'wave', what does it say to you?
1)hello
2)good-bye
3)taxi
4)other:D

:) :) Thanks everyone, had another good time doing this one:) :cat::)

Jeffi
02-21-2002, 02:43 PM
Maggie,

You could wall-mount it and call it "Buddy, can you spare a dime?". It turned out real well - you did a fine job. :clap:
I'm not sure what type of glue is the right kind to use. Are you going to leave it fired, or have it bronzed? I guess epoxy would work. You could use a small dowel sticking up from a wooden base, with the dowel going into a hole drilled in the bottom of the hand - for extra support. Anway, great job. Now get to work on the next one!

onefromheaven
02-21-2002, 03:09 PM
Jeffi, "hey buddy can you spare a dime" RAOTFLMBO:D :D :D thanks for the great laugh:D :D It's too true!! I think I'll fire it as I'm not sure of the other options, but it is too early for me to be bronzing anything.

max nelson
02-21-2002, 08:53 PM
Maggi..the epoxy to a base works fine and Jeffi's suggestion of a dowel of some sort will help reinforce it. The hand is very realistic now with the exception of the creases in the fingers being a little harsh. But, got ta tell you..I'm real sorry to see the very soft, poignant hand with such a story to tell disappear. The first post of the 'Wave' had such an elegance to it and looked self assured.
That was the Rodin reference. Not that this is not very well done and perhaps it's just a personal preferance.
Max:)

MKathleen
02-21-2002, 11:39 PM
Hi Maggie:

I really like the addition of more wrist and cuff tells us the hand is feminine. You have done a really nice work here and the addition of the base will give it a finish.
I think the hand is jestering a good-bye of course I'm a bit of a romanic.

Best,
Kathy :D

onefromheaven
02-22-2002, 08:05 AM
Hi Max, thanks for the honesty. I was thinking that those creases were too harsh as well. I see what you mean by losing the softness. I will post a comparison photo. I appreciate the critique as it helps me to see more. You are so good at this Max, your comments are always insightful.:) :)

Kathleen, thanks for you comments. :) The hand says a tearful good bye for me and a wishful hello. I was trying to make it more fem so I'm glad that point came across. As well I was trying to make it an aged hand. I am happy with it and ready now to move on to something new. But I will keep my new project a secret for now because I want to surprise everyone!:) :) Thanks for your comments, they are appreciated as always.

onefromheaven
02-22-2002, 08:18 AM
Here's the comparison photo.......

Jeffi
02-22-2002, 11:07 AM
Maggie,

I just have one 'non-sculpture' question. What does RAOTFLMBO mean? I see acronyms like these from time to time but I don't know what they mean.

Thanks
Jeff

onefromheaven
02-22-2002, 11:19 AM
jeffi, RAOTFLMBO means rolling around on the floor laughing my butt off. I know what you mean though, I find it hard to get them too. I saw it somewhere. I think they have chat dictionaries....

Yielding
02-23-2002, 08:18 AM
Hi Maggie

Thanks for the new update on the wave. I really like the cuff you added and as always your detail and life like sculpting abilities are wonderful.

The only thing I see ( and it may be because of the picture) is that the fingers look a bit flat. What do you think?

Yielding

onefromheaven
02-23-2002, 08:54 AM
Yielding, Thanks for your comments. The fingers did turn out a little flat in this one:) It's too dried out now to work with but I have learned from doing it. The learning curve is starting to feel like a learning parking lot at the moment :D :D as I am contemplating an armature for my next piece. Franks article on armatures was very helpful but I am still not there yet.:) As always thanks for your interest and comments.