PDA

View Full Version : Vector help?

fugitive
03-21-2006, 06:26 PM
I have a vector word, that I'd like to bend around a logo. Used to do this on PSP, but now can't, help.

sketch-a-holic
03-21-2006, 07:36 PM
I only have photoshop CS2, but when you highlight the text and you still have the text tool selected a the menu bar at the top of the screen has a button that has a T with a small arch under it. If you click on this you can choose the shape to warp the text into. If the text is centered it will arch in the middle. Hope this helps... I know we are using different programs. Try the help menu and type mesh tool, or text warp in it, you may find something there.

Chiers
03-21-2006, 07:47 PM
I haven't done this in a long time either but in psp if you use a preset shape, then with the test tool hold the crosshairs over the shape till you see the lil rocker underneath the crosshair, click there and enter your text in the box. It should wrap around the shape.

Chiers
03-21-2006, 07:50 PM
You can also use the pen tool and draw a freehand shape and do the same thing.

Elvira
03-21-2006, 08:05 PM
You should still be able to do it in PSP, I haven't tried it in ages. Try Camp Ratty for a tut on it.
Edie

fugitive
03-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Thank you Elvira, forgot about her, do you know Porter, as she has been responcible for knowledge going to lots folks like me. She helped me understand how to use the psp clone tool properly, and too many more to remember, so, bottom line I got it done, but not all in vertor as that medium is just to non intuitive to work on me. I never could make the whale so I resorted to a brush, after all, that's what I do. See how it turned out. I don't think many would go to this much work, when a few well placed lines may do it, but that's nothing compared to some things I've done to get it right. Now, to paint it properly.