PDA

View Full Version : Image Hosting for your Auctions

CarlyHardy
02-20-2002, 09:58 PM
Some of you may be able to link thru your webspace that is provided by your ISP.

I checked online by doing a search and asked my art friends at esr@ and came up with these possible image hosting services.

www.andale.com charges $.04 an image or $3.00 per month on their cheapest plan. They offer some other services also.

www.honesty.com charges $3 a month for 3MB of space for images.
and $5 a month for 5MB of space...the fee goes up with the amount of space you require. They also have other services that you could use.

www.prosperpoint.com has a lot of features and cost $3.95 a month.
If you're going to pay, this one looked good.

www.freehost.baypal.com gives you 15 free image space a month. They also have plans that will cost if you want more options or more space.

www.sparedollar.com looks like the best free service available! I hope some of you will check these out and give your feedback here....or let us know if you've used any of them and had good experience.

Thanks,
carly

arteitaliana
02-20-2002, 11:02 PM
Thanks, Carly, you did lot of work!!
I also did a bit of searching and came up with this one
http://www.villagephotos.com/
They offer 8mg of space and say that you can use their services for posting images on ebay....so no surprises here!They are PayPal verified, whatever that means...
I have registered with them but I haven't tried to load any images yet.
I thought that geocities would be a possibility but according to Fred Marsh, also a geocities user, they do not allow that. He is my internet/html guru so...I have to listen!!

R

arteitaliana
02-20-2002, 11:14 PM
Sparedollar looks very good. I will check it out in depth later.
freehost/baypal took me to a site called liquid apple which was not free at all.

Thanks, Carly!!

R

CarlyHardy
02-21-2002, 07:21 PM
Rita,
several of the sites I visited were PayPal verified....which meant I could pay for their services using PayPal. Be sure you check on the fees before you upload images.

I had a difficult time finding the free service at www.baypal.com I had to follow a couple of links...so you might have better luck starting at the first page of their site.

Scott is checking out a way for us to stay with Artist Nation! Stay tuned for info!
carly

arteitaliana
02-21-2002, 07:53 PM
If Scott finds a way for us to continue using artistnation that would be great. I would much prefer giving money to him rather than any of these other guys. WC is a very reliable site and I would feel more at ease continuing to use it.
In the meantime I will use ebay picture service, if all else fails.

:cat:

scottb
02-21-2002, 10:42 PM
If you are using your AN account normally (i.e. not using it store images for use on other sites), I believe I can (programatically) make an exception for auction sites like e-bay. So if you are using AN images at eBay, there will be no need to switch - just don't start using AN to store images for posting all over the net - lol.

Cheers.
Scott

CathyD
02-22-2002, 02:33 PM
Thank you so much Scott. I use the ipix on ebay for my auctions, but use AN for my about me page and occasionally a larger pic on my auctions. I am really appreciative of all you do.
Thanks,
Cathy

CarlyHardy
02-22-2002, 05:25 PM
Yes, thank you Scott!

carly

CarlyHardy
02-22-2002, 05:27 PM
which stands for Name Your Own Subscription....

would be a good way to pay for the linking service from Artist Nation!
I know Scott wouldn't mention this...but I do think he deserves our support!

***Unpaid Advertising***

carly

arteitaliana
02-22-2002, 08:47 PM
You are right, Carly....I did pay yesterday with PayPal. Come on people, let's show gratitude!!

Thanks Scott!!

CathyD
02-23-2002, 05:01 PM
I have been planning to pay for about 3 weeks now.... just need to catch up on my ebay account figures and I will be paying this week Scott!
Thank you again.
Cathy