PDA

View Full Version : Detailed works

bullyluvver
03-19-2006, 12:57 PM
I've seen some beautiful works on here up to now, and no doubt I've missed tons of it, so now I'm curious....how much detail can be achieved using a tablet? I'm used to doing some fairly detailed stuff so now I'm wondering if the same can be done with a waco? How sensitive is the pen - can it achieve fine hair like strokes like in pencil work? Sorry people, until I can get my hands on one of these things I'm stuck with bugging everyone for answers. :D I did search but couldn't find anything specific.

Gail

LadyAlba
03-19-2006, 01:14 PM
With all the settings you can get just as fine of a mark as you want. Especially with the Intuos 3 I get alot more fineness with this then I did with my Graphire. ;o)

Skinny
03-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Gail...I don't find that there's a lot I can do with the pen that I couldn't do with the mouse, BUT I can do it with greater ease and speed. On the other hand, I probably haven't made the adjustments necessary to make full use of my intuos...Too, I understand that with the intuos, there are special pens available with which you can achieve special strokes. :cat:

AndieW
03-20-2006, 03:35 AM
Gail,

I think it is more a function of the art program you are using rather than the tablet as most tablets have very high resolutions these days and as has already been mentioned you can get different pens.

Skinny has the answer, try an art program with a mouse first, the resolution will be the same with a good tablet but it will be far easier to paint and draw with the tablet as you have the pressure sensitivity and a more natural feel holding the 'pen'.

Be aware though that the 'pressure' of a stroke may affect its width so when using a mouse play with the pressure setting of the tool you are using. ( how you do this depends on the art package ).

Andie

fugitive
03-20-2006, 04:45 AM
Don't see why a tablet would make a diff, at all, as it's the software, and your puter that do all that.

Einion
03-20-2006, 05:08 AM
I've seen some beautiful works on here up to now, and no doubt I've missed tons of it, so now I'm curious....how much detail can be achieved using a tablet?
As much as you want.

I'm used to doing some fairly detailed stuff so now I'm wondering if the same can be done with a waco?
Yes.

How sensitive is the pen - can it achieve fine hair like strokes like in pencil work?
Yes but the fineness of the line made can be largely a function of the size of the brush selected, as well as transparency. In addition to this a good tablet allows a high level of detection of variations in pressure, so you can fade in and out with a single stroke.

Einion

barryt
03-20-2006, 05:32 AM
It is a function of the size of the brush and the size of the picture. If you work on a big enough picture you can zoom in and draw every single hair - if you want to. You can resize to a smaller image later - if you want.

TxAggieDarlin
03-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Wacom tablets and pens are fantastic and make it easier

nafa
03-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Using the wacom and zoom feature of your software, you can work on every pixel of an image. If your image is 300dpi, it is like you can paint details using a brush of 0.0033 inch diameter. This is equivalent to your painting in real life using a brush made of a single human hair (roughly speaking).