PDA

View Full Version : Perspective. It's driving me nuts. recommend any good books on it?

Nhayden
03-19-2006, 12:15 PM
My study guide is making me cross-eyed.

I need it "dumbed down" a bit more. are t here any books you would recommend on perspective?

Axl
03-19-2006, 02:40 PM
have you checked out the various drawing classes they offer over in the drawing and sketching forum?

Ok so they may not be as proffessional as a book, but they have what appear to be some pretty basic, reasonable guidelines on topics like this there. They might be worth at look too.

amaranth
04-03-2006, 02:03 PM
hey, have you ever seen the book "drawing on the right side of the brain" ? It is one of the most helpful books I've ever had on drawing, and it is simple to understand. I'm pretty sure it has something on perspective

Ama

quirky
09-08-2006, 05:52 AM
There's a book called Perspective without Pain. It covers everything I have now learnt at art school. Sorry, can't remember the author. I sold mine because I finally got the hang of perspective & didn't need it any more.

Molesworth
09-08-2006, 02:34 PM
I would recommend Basic 102 intermediate perspective in the classroom here. Not only is it very clear but Robin has also provided good links to other sites such as http://www.olejarz.com/arted/perspective/index.html which I found very useful.
Good luck with your studies.

saralindsey
09-22-2006, 01:10 AM
i thought 'drawing on the right side of the brain' was good about explaining perspective, it also uses very simple terms for non-artist fartsy people. the lady who wrote it teaches drawing to adults and there graphics of pasts students, she helps explain stuff. but don't be discourage everyone struggles with perspective in someway.

Ghanima_Atreides
09-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Hi, I'm the former Nhayden. I appreciate all the help but I was able to complete the project and get a 100% on it some months back. actually I'm almost done with my schoolwork except for a few projects.

EBristow
09-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Here are some links i have on perspective.
http://www.technologystudent.com/designpro/drawdex.htm

Double perspective
http://www.cite-sciences.fr/english/ala_cite/expo/explora/image/imag_5.htm

I know it's not much. but it's soething to go on. i wish i still had the link to my old teachers website he had for his students. but he's not teaching drawing anymore, but instead photoshop..
good luck

plumage
09-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Hi! There are a series of books by Walter Foster which are geared for "beginning" level artists - don't know if you fit in this category but they have a booklet on Perspective which does a good job of explaining the basics. Hope this helps! Lynn

Mylius
10-12-2006, 02:09 PM
There are a few good books on perspective, several of them available in reasonably-priced editions from Dover Books:

To get over the feeling of going crazy, try Ernest Norling, Perspective Made Easy.

To learn more in a sane but very expert way, try Rex Vicat Cole, Perspective for Artists; by the way the same author's Artistic Anatomy of Trees is fantastic.

And then, when you think you have learned all there is to learn, look at Andrea Pozzo, Perspective in Architecture and Painting - and prepare to go crazy again!!

Richard