PDA

View Full Version : x posted in still life roses and buddah

nome
03-18-2006, 02:14 AM
had left over paint today from working on other still life thought I would practice from some pics I took. Like it so far...even the blue background which was a paint over from before I was going to do a sky scene but the color looks nice with the roses. Any help is greatly appreciated would like the roses to look better.

Corby
03-19-2006, 10:43 PM
The colors are great! The problem you may be having with the roses looks like one I used to have. Drawing the rose and then filling the drawing in petal by petal. My flowers always ended up looking as if they weighed 10 lbs apiece. You have managed to keep a certain lightness to the flower but it looks a bit awkward. Roses are hard. Try painting a ball the color you want. Make a hole in the ball to contain your center petals. Each done with one brushstroke untill you have filled the hole and then do the outer petals, a couple of brushstrokes per petal. Always angle them back to the center point of the flower. Takes practice but it makes nice roses. Dont worry if you pick up surrounding color in the process, that is good!