PDA

View Full Version : The Professinal

fugitive
03-17-2006, 06:45 AM
actually, a continuance of the Leon theme, but now a closeup with him putting on his shades, to sleep on the chair. Ever vigilant, he knows he may have to wake to danger at any time.

I don't really know what this is. I used the seurat brush, but didn''t know what I was really doing. Still thinking of the scene wassomthing did with his but in any old way. I won't be useing this brush again. The only reason it even looks halfway decent is because it on top of a really accurate realistic painting.

Yako
03-17-2006, 07:25 AM
Liked the image but would have liked more contrasts.
Hmmm.....perhaps i'm wrong but isn't him a character of a movie...i can't remember the title, nor the artists name, i watched it in the tube. It's about a guy who is a professional killer that encounters a little girl whose family was killed, they met had some time together and he started to change his character. At the end he was killed by a band, and the girl took with her a plant which the guy always kept as a treasure in a pot, sowed the plant in a firm place and started her life alone?

Skinny
03-17-2006, 08:16 AM
Greg, I'll bet it looks a lot better when you don't have to view it at a 90 degree angle....:lol: ....I have to agree with Kareen...Deeper contrasts would improve it.

fugitive
03-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Someone isn't thinking well; the film is Leon in France, and The Professinal in US, so what's not in the post?
Contrast, I disagree, as it goes from almost black to very lite yellow, within a few inches, wha'ts not contrasted? 2. It's basically for play, not worth much effort. I did it in one day, some of mine have taken yrs.

Bytemebabs
03-17-2006, 03:13 PM
I like it! And my neck hates it lol.

fugitive
03-17-2006, 06:40 PM
ok, here's the realistic paintin g, the kind where peeps have always told me, hey, that's just a smudged photo. Well, Joel won't let me use those discriptive words in the forum. I cropped the sides to allow for more closeup. I added contrast, in the form of a darker BG. A layer mode might be fun tho. Do you peeps know about, use, those modes, as the can do a lot for any image.

del m
03-17-2006, 08:51 PM
looks ok to me. glad you put him in proper portriat mode. it was hard on my neck.Nothing wrong with the contrast as i see it

justjean
03-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Interesting portrait :)

fugitive
03-17-2006, 09:21 PM
That's cause he's just an ordinary guy, just another killer for hire, and definitly French.

LadyAlba
03-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Very good actually excellent likeness to Leon. I was curious did you get the pixelation from enlarging? Didn't he play the part of a Russian assisan in the movie? Of course I could be thinking of a different movie LOL

fugitive
03-17-2006, 10:50 PM
No Reds, he lived in Little Italy in NYC, and has a French accence, perhaps, cause he's French. Just watched this again and it holds up to 2005 movies as far as everything. Thank you.

fugitive
03-18-2006, 04:22 AM
and now for some contrast for Jean or skinny or Sam. Two or three layer modes, with a watercolor script thrown in.

justjean
03-18-2006, 09:09 AM
Not for me Greg I prefer the first one :)

Quote"and now for some contrast for Jean or skinny or Sam."

digistyle
03-18-2006, 02:39 PM
I liked the first two. I just thought that it needed some reds to warm the shadow colors up a bit.

Hope you don't mind, I played with the constrast and saturation to show you what I meant.

digistyle
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Mar-2006/1629-contrasts.jpg