PDA

View Full Version : Critque Me Please!!! Native Hollows

tmmopar73
03-16-2006, 01:06 PM
Critque Me Please!!! Native Hollows i just can't make my mind up about doing hollows.i love to do them.i do a pretty good job 95% live.but i think they are to big to wear.sooooo i flattend the back of these and keep the puff inside .so they would lay flat.help me ???

*Naos*
03-16-2006, 01:12 PM
I really like the second one. Flattening the back of the hollows is a great idea but i tell you, some of the buyers want big and bold and hollow! Try both and see what happens! :)

Am

Virginia L.
03-16-2006, 01:17 PM
I agree - there are buyers for big and bold - otherwise, I would not be able to buy glass - can you see inside those - that is one of the thing I like about Hollows is being able to see that they are hollow. Is it the pics, or are they opaque? - I am like Am - whatever is going on in that second one - I LOVE that reaction! - HAVE FUN!!!! - Virginia

iwonder
03-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Yep, ditto on the second one, that's a beaut!

Marlene
http://www.bigcirclejewelry.com

lizajayne
03-17-2006, 09:31 PM
I agree, I love the second one the best, but the colors on the first one are very interesting too. It reminds me of a photo of the earth taken from space.

Susynne
03-18-2006, 04:09 AM
I think they are gorgeous, and love the ones in the second post I saw somewhere....but if you flatten them how will they lay? That's my question...Sometimes things just do what they want, I'd try it out before I put a lot of energy into a lot of them that way. A lot of big round beads are very popular, and these are beautiful. Good luck with them!
SMILES, Susynne

GallucciGlass
03-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Nice, I agree with the other ladies the second one really shines!

glassnut
03-19-2006, 08:53 PM
I like big hollow beads. The third one is my favorite,the random dots and colors give it a great feel.great job! Keep it up!

Junebead
03-25-2006, 07:38 PM
I agree will all, the second is very nice. I prefer round hollow. I would not buy one that is flatten on one side. althought nice thinking, comfort is everything!
Junebead

collectiblesbyrose
03-29-2006, 02:32 PM
First one is my favorite, but I'd rather have it round and not flattened.

juliagfunk
04-24-2006, 04:47 PM
I love the idea of flattened, but it would be wise to do a test necklace. I too would like to see through. Also, I would like to see the dots either slightly more even or slightly more haphazard. The way they are now, it looks like the assymetry is unintentional. But I am very particular, so take that with a grain of salt.

delicateweasel
08-03-2006, 04:47 PM
I love hollows, too. I've used them - 3 together and that's all - on a necklace, or, they look really nice on those candlesticks made out of mandrels with a base. Heather Trimlett does some nice ones shaped like saucers. I also like to do the ones sort of shaped like eggplants....

Rachel:D