PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash, Tuesday March 14***

Eruname
03-14-2006, 01:47 AM
I see no new thread for today so I thought I'd start it! Hope you all don't mind the newbie doing so! :p

Longer post in a little while. :)

Yorky
03-14-2006, 01:57 AM
Morning Danielle,

Congratulations for jumping in before anyone was around :D

Still quite cold here and more snow forecast - this could get quite boring.

Will dispatch my "B" bird this morning a day early (it's a long flight from the UK) :)

Must take my suit to the cleaners today, we have a Civic Dinner on Friday.

OK BBL

Doug

DonnaTxbwana
03-14-2006, 02:13 AM
Morning Danielle and Doug! (hey we've got a "D" thing going here!) Just back from California and busy uploading photos to my computer and kodakgallery. My youngest daughter (Ally) and I had a grand time visiting Kim (my eldest) in Los Angeles. I think Hubby and all the critters are very happy to see us back--- an occasional trip makes me appreciated all the more!! Haha!!
A few photos of our trip...

The beach at Santa Monica
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2006/55635-100_5376.jpg
(Cue the music from Hitchcock's "The Birds")

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2006/55635-100_5349.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2006/55635-100_5368.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2006/55635-100_5356.jpg

We had a lot of fun. Saw the new Johnny Depp movie, visited the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Mann's Chinese Theatre, helped Kim order headshots, shopped and had a fun visit.

Lulu
03-14-2006, 02:20 AM
Morning Danielle! Nice to see a newbie not afraid to get wet;) hehe

Hi Doug, bet you scrub up well in your suit - wonder if you'll be able to do up all the buttons after all that baking?:evil:

Hi Donna! Lovely pics!

Nice day, sunny and mild but not as hot as where Rod lives, it was 30 degrees there today. He must have been blowing hot air lol

Have been out and about, went for a walk on the farm where John works one day a week. The only thing I miss of our own farm is the wide open spaces so felt really exhillarating walking there today. Silly Sam (dog) fell in the stream too! looked like a drowned rat lol
After that I did my usual stint at the gym.
Off to bed soon to read, have got a good Jodie Picoult book:)

Nite nite everyone:wave:

Roun2it
03-14-2006, 02:38 AM
Mornin each:wave:

Well I'm knackered!!!!!! today, a busy weekend and looking after Adam and Sam yesterday was really tiring, Sam is so wick now, he crawls really fast and has reached what you don't want him to reach, before you are out of the chair!!!! Every open door is an automactic adventure.

He is also pulling himself up and trying to walk, quite advanced for 8mths, he just looks so tiny when stood up!!

Heres a pic of Adam and Sam in the garden the other day.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2006/23314-adam-sam-web.jpg

Aquarelle10
03-14-2006, 02:39 AM
Good Morning.

When I looked out of my window on Saturday morning this is what I saw.

A young Stag chomping his way thru the wood.He was right by my window so I raced to get the camera.By the time I returned he had moved further away but I could still see him.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2006/71657-Stag.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2006/71657-youngstag2.jpg

He was so beautiful and I thought someone from upstairs had realised I needed a distraction from my emotions for a while.It would have been so lovely had my DH not eventually pointed out that the same beautiful creature I was mesmerised by would be eating all the flowers in my garden over the next few months too!:(

Oh well.I'd rather live in harmony with my neighbours than fall out with them.Two legged or four legged.I hope he visits again with his family!:)

Hi Lulu,Doug,Donna and Danielle.:wave:

Wake up Jimmy!

Hi Kev,what fine looking lads they are and Sams eyes are unbelievable!!!!! A portrait waiting to happen!

Billy,I love hearing about you cooking Eccles Cakes.I should look up the recipe as I haven't had one for years.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

White light to all who need it and as today is a whole new piece of white paper for everyone,I hope you paint yours with a smile that can be shared.

Hugs,

Jean.:heart:

jaydiva
03-14-2006, 03:23 AM
Good Morning Washcrew :wave:

Another sunny but icycold day in good ole Germany. No big plans for today except for writting my scientific disquition on the B-Bird (sounds good doesn't it)

Kev, you've got some great looking grandsons. Sams eyes are smiling and he looks like he could get into something real soon :D

Nice photos Donna, wish i had a beach nearby :envy:

Jean, your photos look a little like mine of the returning geese, lots of uhm environment around the main subject :D

I was hoping this morning that DH wouldn't bring me any cut off flowers for Valentine's Day. I do not like flower bouquets as i always feel sorry for the poor blooms to be cut off ... well i'm a month late anyhow :D :eek:

I must have more coffee
BBL
HAWLTAIN
:grouphug:

madmum
03-14-2006, 03:48 AM
Morning all :)

Well done for starting the Wash, Danielle, it's usually an honour faught (is that the right spelling? looks really silly!) over :D

Wet and horrible here, typical March weather! I think I prefer snow :eek:

Craig passed on the virus to Katy, so she's staying home today with a fever.

Hi Doug :wave:

Donna, lovely beach photos, the sea looks quite rough!

Aaaaaawww Kev, great looking grandsons you have! Sam's eyes are gorgeous! Trying to walk at 8 months? Ohoh, you're gonna have to watch him! lol

Jean, you're lucky to live in such a beautiful place, thanks for showing us the stag :)

LOL Jutta, that's funny about you missing Valentines day! :D I used to hate being given cut flowers, but since I started painting I love them, and I make sure they didn't die in vain as I take lots and lots of photos of them :D

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Em, hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Looks like I missed Char, I didn't realise she was going away!

Looks like today will be shared between painting and caring for Katy, instead of going shopping in the rain! I started a WIP in the studio yesterday (shameless plug! lol)

Hugs and white light and alphabet soup to all,

Ruth

Aquarelle10
03-14-2006, 03:54 AM
Happy Birthday EM!!!!!!!!!!!

I just popped back because I've been wandering around Wet Canvas.I looked in several sections,animals ,pastels and finally acrylics because I don't usually have time to do so.Lulu has a wonderful painting in arcylics.It's stunning and well worth the visit there.

I tend to stay in the watercolour section but it was really fun to have a good look around this morning and Lulu your acrylic is gorgeous!

Jean.

Nandie
03-14-2006, 04:50 AM
Morning! :wave:

Just got home a few hours ago and am just about ready to crawl into bed.

Kevin, what beautiful boys. Is Adam the one who turned up the TV to drown out his mother's "birthing noises"? LOL...... Sam is sure big now!

Jean, how lucky to have wildlife like that right out your window! Of course, not so lucky for the garden, but oh well!

Donna, I love the photo with all the seagulls!

Well, gotta go, it's almost 2am.

Play nice, everyone!

:wave:

djdedman
03-14-2006, 04:57 AM
I see a few others are still up too, unless you're in a different time zone.
It is near 5 a.m. here, have not been to bed, cannot sleep. I wanted to take this time to thank each of you for your kind words and friendship.
I received a pm to check out the wash the other day with you sending white light my way. I feel very humble to have your friendship, you all are the greatest.
Someone from our Church rented a handicap van, will not tell me who. Our Minister and his wife are driving us down for the service and burial of my son today.
The Dr did not want my husband driving that far, a three hour trip, with him just getting out of the hospital.
I know today will be very difficult as it will be from now on. I'll do my best to remain strong for my grandchildren, he left behind, my darling Amber 16 and a son Cory 18. He and their Mother split years ago.
I've gathered many, many photos of him attached to a display board then plan on giving them to my grandchildren after the service and wrote each a letter.
I made myself set down and write "only" positive memories of him growing up and worked them into the letters.
I will do my best to keep my chin up, and think on all the encouragement from you guys today. Your strenth will be mine, again, thank you.
Love
Jackie

painterbear
03-14-2006, 04:58 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter to five in the a.m. here in Ohio. Plane is flying overhead at the moment. All that fuss yesterday afternoon and the storm never arrived here! Grrrrrr! I missed my art class too. Grrrrr! DH was afraid we were going to be getting some of those golf ball size hailstones we saw on the news. The same storm that dropped them farther west in Indiana and those states was what was supposedly heading our way. Oh well, actually I'm glad it didn't get here, don't really want to live through a tornado.

Dashing through this a.m. but wanted to say Hi to all. My 469 page book arrived yesterday and needs to be sent back tomorrow, so I've got things to keep me busy all day and all day tomorrow. I go through each book twice—first marking words and phrases that will be explained as footnotes at the bottom of each page, then a second time reading it for errors in spelling, punctuation, and general set up (e.g. missing words, misplaced punctuation marks).

Kev, Those grandsons of yours are really terrific looking. That Adam is going to be a headturner and heartbreaker (if he isn't all ready) and little Sam looks like he takes after Granddad. Have you compared your baby pictures with his? I'll bet he is turning into a handful. Isn't it funny how we can't wait until they become mobile on their own and then wonder why as we chase them around trying to keep them out of trouble. LOL!

So, hope you all have a terrific day. I'll pop in now and then to see how you're doing.

Waving :wave: to Danielle, Doug, Donna, Ruth, Jean, Lulu, Jutta, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Aquarelle10
03-14-2006, 05:15 AM
Jackie.

I cannot begin to imagine standing in your shoes today.I can't think of any words to offer you any comfort.Please know you will be in my prayers and that I will be thinking of you hoping you manage to get thru what must surely be the worst day of any Mothers life. God Bless you and your family. I hope you all find comfort in thinking about happy times and memories shared when your son was still with you.

What a brave and wonderful idea to give the collection of photos with a letter.

I will be with you in spirit.

Jean.

Sharon Douglas
03-14-2006, 05:20 AM
Good morning,

It`s gone 10am here and Stephanie is still sound asleep. Danielle on the other hand is playing quietly in her room, all is silent apart from the whirrring of the computer and the sound of Danielle singing.
She is such a happy child always singing to herself, she only has to hear a song once and she remembers most of it.

They are both off school today, because the heating and lighting are broken in their school, no wonder Danielle is so happy.

I`m hoping to do some painting this afternoon, but I bet it will be cover the kitchen table for those two type of painting.......:lol:

Jean, I could just picture you holding your beautiful grand-daughter.:wink:
Lucky you living there, we have always taught our kids to enjoy the wildlife and countryside etc, they prefer going to the woods and places like that, than any fairgrounds etc

Kev, Adam looks so grown up.

Pat, Sophie said that they didn`t film her anyway, so I didn`t see the news either :evil:

Otter, I hope your pain eases soon.

Sylvia, I don`t envy you having to read all that book by tomorrow, you must read fast, if you are going to read it twice.

Jackie and Chuck, My heart goes out to you today. I have buried a child myself, I know the feelings and pain you are going through. ((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))

Hi and goodbye to everyone else, Stephanie has just got up, so I`ll go and make her some breakfast.
Have a great day everyone.

Aquarelle10
03-14-2006, 05:21 AM
(((((((((Sharon)))))))))))))))))))) Just in case you need a hug too.

djdedman
03-14-2006, 05:26 AM
Thanks Jean, he was always a jokester, loved fun.
He caught a mouse by the tail when he was just a little boy and chased his brother, cousin and neighbor boy outside, with them screaming at the top of their lungs.
Another thing he would do when he was small was everytime I would put him down for a nap, he would slip out the window when it was raining, my neighbor would call me on the phone to let me know he had slipped out again, without a stitch of clothes on. They said the funniest thing was then watching me run outside trying to catch him, he was always faster than me.
Jackie
p.s. Sharon, hugs to you.

Europa
03-14-2006, 05:40 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Just nipping in to say hi - busy day at the office today.

Jackie - sending you love and hugs - will be thinking of you today - am glad you are remembering the happy times - love the story of your son slipping out of the window in the rain....lol - remember all your friends here are with you in spirit on this difficult day.

Waving to everyone else. :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

madmum
03-14-2006, 05:48 AM
(((((((((((Jackie and Chuck))))))))))) Imagine all the hands reaching out from all over the world to hold yours today. I hope you will be able to share your memories and smile later. I'm sure your grandchildren will appreciate your letters and the photo board.

Sylvia, that's alot of work in 2 days :eek:

Morning Sharon :) Have fun painting with the kids!

Katy is sleeping on the settee, probably the best thing for her at the moment.

I'm going to paint, back later!

Ruth

djdedman
03-14-2006, 05:57 AM
Thanks Pat & Ruth, guess I better head for the shower, near 6 a.m. now and we will be leaving abt 9.
Service starts at 2 p.m. but will be 3 to maybe 4 hours to get there with my hubby needing to stop maybe a couple of times.
Have lots to do like fixing bkft., then help dress hubby, then ready myself and get his oxygen, meds and everything ready, time seems to fly.
So glad a few was here I could chat with this morning. Was hoping someone would be around.
Let this be "Hug your children day".
lov
Jackie

JudyL
03-14-2006, 05:58 AM
Morning all! :wave:
Got an early start, woke up to snow falling, of course, because the delivery from Fired Earth was due at 7:30, they were spot on time! I had done the Flylady thing, was up showered and dressed by 7, went out and fed the birds, put seed under the tree where the snow was thin, spotted the huge truck, went down the road to collect some grit to spread on our hill so they could haul the stuff more easily. They did say no one had told them we lived on a hill, but we did say that we had TRIED to make that clear to no avail.
Anyway they unloaded and cleared out before to many people had to wait for them to move. Then came in and made Jack a sausage, eggs and toast breakkie.
I do feel like I need to pat myself on my back.
Jack just came down saying he has just taken the sink out of the shower room, annoying, the renovation does not happen for two weeks.
I wonder what surprises wait for me upstairs.
(heavy sigh) suppose I should go look, and find out were he hid the toothbrush.

BBL JudyL

Roun2it
03-14-2006, 06:05 AM
Poor, poor Jackie, words just cannot express the feelings that I and others on here feel for you right know. You are one of the family and we are so powerless at not being able to be by your side in these times of grief. We are there in spirit.

My thoughts and prayers are with you today, dear friend, you have been so kind to others on this site, me for one, thank you.

jaydiva
03-14-2006, 06:14 AM
{{{{ Sharon + Chuck }}}} I'll be thinking of you today and holding hands:heart: .
I liked the story of your son sneaking out the window hehe my uncle used to be one of those early streakers too:D

Judy, this renovating sure is no fun at all!! DH wants to "do" the kitchen i'm absolutely not looking forward to that :eek:

Ruth, give poor Katy a hug. Sleeping is the best she can do.

i just ordered some wc paper. There is a sale on my favorite papers :clap: so i stacked up on it, plus some Arches which was fairly "cheap" too :thumbsup: (don't tell the FLYladies though, that i'm stacking up on things again)

And i've also ordered a MASKING PEN :thumbsup: They weren't available over here but now they DO have them. I'm thrilled!!! no more yucky, sticky, water diluted, colour added masking gel :D

I started a new painting of a dog. It's sort of a commission (sp) for my potter friend. She is breading Puli's (Hungarian dogs) and wanted a portrait or two :) But they're so hard to paint as they have these Rastaman curls :eek:

Have to take a break every once in awhile as i seem to tire even sitting down sheeeesh :rolleyes:

Maffet
03-14-2006, 06:31 AM
((((( Jackie)))))

Well, I wasnt been there for some time again. We have hills of fresh snow again. all weekend was snowing and during sunday evening there was 45 cm of fresh snow on the garden. It's shock. It's half of march and there should be first marks of green outside, ... it's not usuall. On mountains or countryside it's normal that snow lays till april, but not in central Prague, I dont remember so long winter with so much snow. We had to dig our car out from hughe snow layer.
Mum's cat was "mnauuuuuuuuuuing" all weekend to go out for walk, finaly my mum said ... o.k. let's go. Our cat "Matysek" did only few steps and he drop through hughe pillow of snow so only his ears were visible, with horrible "mnauuuuuuuu!" full of fear he madly run back to doors. His walk lasted only few seconds.

As for little Veronika (5 months now), yesterday she ate red carrot, result is that everything 1 meter around was covered by orange layer. I find her very shy, she doesnt laugh very often.

I am painting again. I had some critical days ... during which I wasnt able even take brush. Btw.... in our tv was great document by BBC about Michelangelo. This weekend should be about Leonardo. I have to admit, that even Michaelangelo was genius, if I could travel in time and meet him personaly, we would surely kill each other in heavy arguments. He is not my cup of tea as human. I prefer Leonardo more.

Olga
03-14-2006, 06:35 AM
Hi Washy friends,
I started this a long while ago but got distracted and by now many more have posted...

First--Warm hugs and much strength to Jackie and Chuck on what must be a terribly difficult day... I can only second what Ruth and Jean and Sharon and Pat have said.... (((((())))))

Nice pictures in the Wash today.... love the color of that California beach with gulls
Kev--you have handsome grandkids...
Jean --you have neat looking neighbors :)
Sylvia--that's a big book to get through in 2 days! WOW.
White light to Ruth's Katy--hope she feels better... I'll go and peek at Ruth's WIP as soon as I have a moment...

Late Happy Birthday to Em for me as well....
I never made it here yesterday--felt a bit off and spent the day reading...(really makes me appreciate my job-I spent the day on a sofa reading a book and, without any guilt, can call it legitimate work! Of course, not all that many people would think reading this book was fun...;) )
I'm feeling much better today and trying to get through some of the 100 things I need to do..... There is a long work list and a long housekeeping list and a couple boards of stretched wc paper calling... and a stack of books....
I really need to get better organized and disciplined if I want all the stuff done...(now, that's an old song--I've been telling this to myself for the last 40 years probably.... :D)
At least today is a good day to make some dents in those lists--Hannah is babysitting in the afternoon/evening and Gene is off to the Hague for some meeting, so there's no dinner to worry about...

For now though :grouphug: and :wave: to everyone before and aft...
:heart:
Olga

Hi Jana--good to see you again!!! Laughing at Veronica with carrots... lol at your cat in the snow :) and I am looking forward to your new paintings!

Lulu
03-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Middle of the night here, woke up too hot.

Thanks Jean for your kind words about my painting. (()) I had no idea you lived so close to the forest. Love your neighbours too!

Kev, Adam looks way older than his years. Great photo of the two of them!

Jackie and Chuck, my heart bleeds for you. What a funny story about your son climbing out the window, can imagine the fun it created. My prayers will remain with you all.(())

Jana, good to see you!

Olga, glad that you are feeling better today.

JudyL
03-14-2006, 08:08 AM
Hi again :wave:
Jutta, I am sure the Fly Lady crew will understand about the wallpaper, as long as you use it. I understand anyway, I found some wall paper and it was discontinued before I could buy it. Wish I had now, as I have not found any I like as much.
Olga, sounds as if you are a candidate for Flylady.com, if your not a member already! Also you sound a lot like me!
I am falling asleep on the computer keyboard, I'm paying for early rising this morning.

TTFN

JudyL

mmcaloon
03-14-2006, 08:16 AM
Good Morning All :wave:

Hi to Danielle, DOug, Donna, Lulu, Kev, Jean, Jutta, Ruth, Andrea, Jackie, Sylvia, Sharon, Pat, JudyL, Jana, Olga, and all those yet to come.

Danielle - Welcome to the wash

Doug - Winter seems to be lingering there.

Donna - Welcome back, gald you had a good time. The pics look great.

Lulu - G'night and have a good read. Hope yu can get back to sleep.

Kev - boy is he getting big.

Jean - You beat him this morning. What a great place you live. I miss the country.

Jutta - Coffee seems to taste best on cold crisp mornings. Thats not "stacking up" thats prudent buying.

Ruth - sounds like more fun than shopping in the rain anyway.

Andrea - G'night.

Jackie - ((( ))) thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sylvia - don't work too hard.

Sharon - enjoy your day with Danielle and Stephanie

Pat - as I said to Sylvia, Don't work too hard.

JudyL - when we re-did out bathroom it took forever so all I can say is patience, patience, patience.

Jana - Nice to hear from you again. :lol: about the cat.

Olga - with the right book reading is great fun for me.

Painted a couple of birds yesterday and binned one.:eek: Its funny how a small bit of paper can go that wronge so quickly :D

Got a doctors visit today so I best get going. Have one tomorrow and then again on Thursday. Different one each day. I needed the week off just to take care of the medical stuff. :D

HAWLTAIN and BBL

jaytee
03-14-2006, 08:24 AM
[[[[[Jackie and Chuck]]]] a cyber hand on your shoulders to help you through the day..... and so you can help your grandchildren.

Hope Katy and Olga feeling a little better.......... and ........ well just about everyone it seems at the moment.............

Im recently Back from Docs..........

Apparently fasting blood sugar test not normal but not yet clearly diabetes...... so another fasting blood test plus sugary drink plus second blood test 2 hours later - and a test for Glandular fever and for muscular activity/efficiency and also some immune deficiency type test [??] for inflammation......... all at end of the week........ lucky I was aching and remebered to describe symptoms fully !!!

Cholesterol level a bit up but will leave pursuing that until weve sorted out the others !!!

Apart for that and the symptoms I'm fine !!!!!

Isn't old age wonderful !!!!!!!

Gojng to have a little lunch and reposo ... hopefully not during Poirot this time !!!

HAWLTAIN & SOUP

Yorky
03-14-2006, 09:14 AM
((JT)) hope you get to the bottom of this health problem.

I have been known to put a biro cross on my chest where the pain was before going to the doctors :D

Doug

Christie
03-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Morning All!

(((((Jackie and Chuck))))) I will be thinking of you both today. Jackie, I think that, in time, those letters are going to be very treasured possessions. What a thoughtful and loving thing to do. I smiled about your son running around naked with you trying to catch him. Amazing what kids will do... Please know that we will all be here for you if you need to talk...

Jean, you are so lucky to have deer that close! Can you just imagine when it is green and the deer are closer.:) I think that you had better figure out how to keep deer out of your gardens and flower beds! It they are anything like the deer around here, they tell each other about the best places to dine.:D From what you have shown us, your house looks like a 5 start deer restaurant.:D:evil:

Jaytee, hopefully you will get good results from your tests. Strange isn't it? After all these years, we are suddenly back to taking tests again.:) I have done the fasting test, hated the drink... hope yours tastes better.:)

Far to many for me to reply to as I am short of time, and even shorter on memory.:D

Must get some food and then off to work/school/tutoring.

Take care.

Little Old Lady
03-14-2006, 09:31 AM
Greetings:wave:
Jackie I hope the happy memories will carry you through today and the days to come.
JT hope you finally find out what is wrong so that you can treat it and get elastic back.
A "Nothing I have to do day". So besides painting my "B" bird I am not sure what will take place. Of course there is a lot of "should do" things!
Sylvia hope the book isn't too boring. Whenever I cancel things because of weather it never happens. You saved the area from tornados!
JoAnn

Aquarelle10
03-14-2006, 09:47 AM
Christie? A five star deer restaurant?:eek: OH DEAR!!!!!!!! oops bad pun there!:p

I just popped back to feel close to Jackie and her husband and maybe leave a silent prayer for them.

Jackie,the memories you shared are so vivid I can see this boy slipping out of his window running thru the rain drops with nothing on. How cute.You must have been a very fit Mum then to keep up with him! What a rascal he sounds. Just like boys should be.Naughty,mischievous and fun.

I hope angels watch over you and your husband today and give you strength to cope with this ordeal.Of course there will be a new one watching over you now and I know he will be very proud of his Mum.God Bless you Jackie.:heart:

Jaytee,I miss you.I really hope soon they will know whats wrong and we will have our bouncy bubbly friend back to normal.There is a little light missing from wet canvas whenever you aren't feeling well.Hugs to you.:heart:

I must now send my B bird to Jo...........but I'm sure you would all love a preview.I had such a hard time getting the colour just right but this is my reference photo.......

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2006/71657-big_bird.jpg

Big Bird from Sesame Street!:lol:

I hope that made someone smile!:)

Hugs Jean.

Uschi
03-14-2006, 09:52 AM
((((((((((Jackie and Chuck))))))))))))))) Holding your hand tightly!!

Donna, sounds like you had a wonderful vacation, photos are lovely!!!

Lulu, we washie people want to see ALL of your work, in future can you give us a link so we can see

Kev, what an absolutely handsome young man that Adam is, looks like he is tall too, and of course, Sam is a cutie!!!

Otter, hope the "shot" works to perfection!!!!

Jean, I too love the forest, grew up right next to it and now live literally 1 minute walk from it. I could have bought backing onto it but since I live alone I felt safer being surrounded by houses and lots of eyes. How about I'll send you the bunny rabbit that made its home in my garden as company for the stag so MY flowers can be safe:lol: :lol:

Hi Jana, good you could visit!!!

Mike and JT, the joys of the golden years :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Jutta, have fun with the new pen

Happy painting to Sharon, Ruth and Olga!!

Friend Connie is coming to visit for the afternoon, I am looking forward to it.

Sending good thoughts and greetings to one and ALL!
:wave: Uschi

Cathie Jones
03-14-2006, 09:55 AM
Good morning!!!

((((Jackie)))) You'll be in our hearts today.

I tried to post a dog funny, but the pictures just turned into code . . . so I'm here instead.

It's a beautiful morning in the high desert. The sun is shining, but the birds are too dang cold to sing.

Love Jean's "B" Bird!!!

Y'all have a great day!!!

Uschi
03-14-2006, 09:56 AM
I cross posted with masses of people, had to come back in to say YES Jean, B Bird made me smile!!!
Uschi

droll13
03-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Good Morning (well, it's around 7:00 AM for me).

As usual, I enjoyed reading the Wash to see what my cyber-buddies are up to. Lot's og goings-on - some happy, some sad. But I think it's good that we can share both kinds here.

Also as usual, TMTRTI; especially considering my CRS problem.

Speaking of problems, I've solved a few more on my website redesign:

I've fixed the problem with some pages not permitting you to use the back button. I think all are working the same way now.

Another change since last time is that I created and applied new nav buttons. And I think it gives things a cleaner look. Still some tweaking to do - for example, I'll probably remove the drop shadow from the text on the buttons. It's kinda distracting, especially on the white buttons that appear when you hover your mouse.

And, of course I still want to upload some more content, add a Watercolor Gallery (if I have enoigh space), reword the FAQs page, add a Pricing page, and maybe add a Products page (photo prints, postcards, notecards, calendars, even the occasional watercolor painting).

I've really enjoyed following the Birds of the world. Some absolutely fantastic paintings there. I'm looking forward to seeing the next batch.

Have a good day, all.

TTFN

lizcar57
03-14-2006, 10:13 AM
((((((((((Jackie & Chuck)))))))))))

Hello Jana - your post made me lol!!

Hello everyonee!

jaydiva
03-14-2006, 10:18 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2006/32313-k025.gif JEAN, i just cleaned up the mess i made over at the other thread!

{{{{ JT }}}}

Got a doctors visit today so I best get going. Have one tomorrow and then again on Thursday. Different one each day. I needed the week off just to take care of the medical stuff.

Mike, i'm keeping my fingers and all that will bend crossed.

My B-Bird is on his way to Jo :)

HAWLTAIN
Alphabet cookies

laudesan
03-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Morning all.

((((((Jackie and Chuck)))))) My heart is with you. Lots of Love.

:grouphug: seems like a few people need a hug today.

(((((o))))) Healing vibes too..

The rain came last night and washed away a heap of snow..:o

You can see the driveway now where all the residents cars are parked..

We are going to Grandmama's this afternoon..

I have the worst headache this morning..:(

Aquarelle10
03-14-2006, 10:39 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2006/71657-laughing_smiley.gif Jutta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This reminds me of school.You and I are going to get thrown out of Wet Canvas for giggling too much soon!:lol: :o ;)

I couldn't resist Big Bird,it was his legs that got me!:p

By the way my new tiny head is a photo one of my grandaughters took on Sunday! What a photographer! She uses a digital better than me!:o

Jean

droll13
03-14-2006, 10:56 AM

By the way my new tiny head is a photo one of my grandaughters took on Sunday! What a photographer! She uses a digital better than me!:o

Jean
Now I know you're playing games with us. You look WAY too young to have grandkids.

Aquarelle10
03-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Dave...............I could hug you!

I have five grandchildren now.

rue d'oak
03-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Happy Tuesday everyone. Been AWOL for, gads, a month? work, family, skiing, SOME art but not much. watching the Olympics and knitting.

White light to all.
Jen

Becky-Bob
03-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Morning lovely people!

Jackie & Chuck...such a hard day for you. {{{{{Jackie & Chuck}}}} You will be in my thoughts.

Kev...hasn't your grandson grown! Amazing aren't they. :)

{{{{Mike}}}} Will be thinking of you as you go through your week of doctoring. Prayers and white light also.

Loved all of the photos of vacations and others.

{{{JJ}}} Hope your headache subsides.

{{{JT}}} Thinking about you.

And I CRS now. :wave: Ohhhhh belated birthday greetings to Em....HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR EM!!! :heart: :heart:

laudesan
03-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Thank you Becky.

I am packing my bags so I am really upset at present.. :crying: Have to make sure everything fits. I have to be at the airport by 10.00am Friday morning and we are late risers around here..

I have emptied the gifts to Micheline out and have to pack the gifts to take home..

2 days left.. :crying:

JustjoGA
03-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Morning/afternoon, Washer Family...

for that is how I think of you all now ... With all that we have been
through together just in the past year, in addition to all before, we
have certainly become family for each other... And it feels wonderful.

All my birds are home to post except one ... She'll be along directly,
I'm sure :)

I was home with the gorks myself yesterday, but much better today.
Feeling so much emotion for Jackie and Chuck today ... I cannot
fathom how one gets through that much trauma and grief. (((Jackie
and Chuck)))

58F here at past noon ... sunshine beaming down... it was 79F for
the high yesterday... Spring, aah... sweet Spring... except for the
redbud blooms falling all over my car every night... :)

(((Mike))), hoping all your tests come out with good results.
I'm hoping that all mine are done with for a while...

:grouphug: for all our others dealing with illness, pain, grief and worry.
Seems rather overwhelming sometimes, like now...

((JJ))), you're in my thoughts too, dear lady ... I know it will
be wrenching for you having to part with Micheline... but you've had
a wonderful month with her, and that will be with you always...

More later ... at work, and need to get to it...

:wave: to all, and BBL ...

JustJo

Olga
03-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Hi again,

(((((JT)))))--hope the doc not only finds what's wrong but also manages to do something about it! Sending cyber elastic and lots of ((())))

(((JJ)))--much strength to you.... Just remember: every good day is good!

And I think Becky needs some of these ((((()))))), too!

Mike--hope all the doctor news is good!

Welcome back, Jen!

Jo--good to hear your gorks are gone!

Well, having worked my b#$%^ off the whole day, I would have had only 99 work-things to do, were it not for the fact that two students sent stuff they want me to look at and discuss with them when we meet tomorrow... sigh... Seems like I just can't keep up :(
Judy--I looked at Flylady--but it's not my style... not really what I need...
Now though, I am going to look for some 15 minute task--just to have some feeling of acccomplishment...

:wave: and :grouphug:

Olga

mmcaloon
03-14-2006, 01:19 PM
Well I'm back and...

yup my foot is still attached to my leg, :D
Yup one screw is loose (I've been told I had a screw loose for some time now:D ),
Yup its still sore at times and probably always will be at times:( , and
yup the bottom of my foot feels like someone glued a felt pad on it.

I hate to say this but he said thats all normal for the damage I did in the accident. He'll decide whether to go get the screw in 6 months if it still bothers me. I guess thats good news.:( :o :D

Apart for that and the symptoms I'm fine !!!!!

Isn't old age wonderful !!!!!!!

It is considering the alternative :D

BTW The price increase on Arches has hit our local art store $16.00(US) a sheet for 300lb won't be buying that for a while. 140lb Rough was still OK at $4.45 a sheet, single sheet purchase..

Have a great day all going to go to lunch some where and then to paint...

Ellen in Ont
03-14-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm finally up after working nights last night. I'm just waiting to drive son to work so I can get back to painting. I'll have all day for it with nothing else planned.:) I find I can only work a couple of hours at a time lately though. I get restless. So I take a break and go back.

TMTRTI but a few I remember...

(((((Jackie and Chuck))))) - I'll add my hand to the others holding yours today. I wish you strength and peace.

Great pics today.

Jean - your B bird definately made me smile. And what a different looking forest than mine. Ours is all evergreens and ground cover as high as your waist and so close you have difficulty pushing through it. What a joy it would be to walk through yours. I like your neighbour too. We have only had moose and bears in our yard.

Cyber elastic and white light to those feeling run down.

(((((JJ))))) - my thoughts are with you and Micheline.

Ruth - I hope Katy is feeling better soon.

Jana - I can just imagine the cat! :lol:

Trish - I don't really get cabin fever. Yes, our winters are at least 7 months long but we ignore it and do everything we want as if there was no snow. Well, maybe not sit on the lawn swing. LOL

Gotta go... son is saying I am making him late.:rolleyes:

Aquarelle10
03-14-2006, 02:02 PM
I think I would LOVE to have bears as neighbours in the woods here Ellen! The woodland looks a little bear right now,I mean bare:lol:,I've got bears on the brain now!!!!!!!:p In Spring it will fill with flora and fauna and become more exciting thru the seasons til next Winter arrives again.I'll share photos as the seasons change.

Mike I'm so sorry to hear you have officially got a screw loose? I hope you feel better soon.:)

Jean.

Lulu
03-14-2006, 03:29 PM

Gorgeous lady! and what fabulous hair! I have longed for red hair in our grandchildren, I thought I was going to get it in the youngest, but now his hair is white blonde with only a tinge of red. My bil has red hair, his daughters too, and my son has red in his beard when he's allowed to grow one! lol

JT, you have been on my mind with your tests. Hope you pick up in wellness soon.

Mike, glad to hear results from you too.

It is considering the alternative :D

Yes indeed! LOL

(((JJ)))

CRS is setting in and it's a beautifully sunny morning, will garden today I think.

Becky-Bob
03-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Thanks Olga. :) Talked to my sister-in-law this morning...of course they are taking the positive approach, have to you know. The good thing is they found this on his three month check-ups/bloodwork/and whatnot with the liver problem. So, its been found early....and they will remove the cancer but leave the kidney....so that says its not had time to do a lot of damage. Was so good to talk to her and get her prospective on it. She told him he's got a 99 year contract, so he'd best not think that he's pooping out on that. So, their strength has made me stronger today.

Roun2it
03-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Gorgeous lady! and what fabulous hair! I have longed for red hair

What Lulu, your not a redhead!!!!!! Shock horror!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always had a very big soft spot for redheads!!!!!!!!! :D :heart: :heart: :wink2:

mmcaloon
03-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Kev - redheads are dangerous dangerous dangerous.

When I was 18 I asked Maureen O'Donnell out. Took her to Nardies a fancy Italian restaurant in the neighborhood. We were having a good time and then I must have said something. She got rather mad, I asked what did I say, and she did the classic "you should know". I said "Well I don't" ... At this point she got up and took her whole plate of Spaghetti with marinara sauce and dumped it on my head, and then walked out.

A year later I asked out another red head...well thats another story. Just remember always keep your keys in your pocket :o ....

leverettfinn
03-14-2006, 05:36 PM
she got up and took her whole plate of Spaghetti with marinara sauce and dumped it on my head, and then walked out.

I guess you were a red head then too :lol:

couldn't resist that one mike....:D

Happy Birthday Em!

Thinking of Jackie and Chuck and their families on this most difficult of days....

Take care all!

Lauren

painterbear
03-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Hi All,
Finished my first read-through of the book and marked all the little words and phrases that will be called out as footnotes, have now started on the second read of the actual story. It is an interesting book (fortunately) about the time Trujillo was the strongman/tyrant of the Dominican Republic and a family that was part of the resistance movement. I just wish I didn't have to rush through it so I could actually enjoy thinking about what I was reading.

Oh, I just looked out my window and there is the most gorgeous cloud in the sky against a brilliant blue sky, white mounds on the top, deep blue/gray on the bottom and the sun is actually shining! Woooeeeee!

My middle daughter Christine has dark red hair. She hated it when she was young because people teased her about it, and, of course, she bit and got angry (to go with the hair color :rolleyes:).

Sylvia hope the book isn't too boring. Whenever I cancel things because of weather it never happens. You saved the area from tornados! You made me laugh out loud with this. What a positive way to look at things. LOL!

CRS and brain-overload have set in, hope all who need help with the rough spots receive it, hugs to any who want them.

SYTomorrow,

Sylvia

Europa
03-14-2006, 06:29 PM
I have always had a very big soft spot for redheads!!!!!!!!! :D :heart: :heart: :wink2:

See now that's why you got on with SWMBO so well - her original hair colour was red......lol - though colouring my hair red didn't seem to have any effect on you Kev - maybe I should make it more intense......lol. :wink2: :evil: :p

Well I didnt go to the office today - took SWMBO to Wigan instead while she took some stuff back to &*%&%& Marks and Spencers (I hate that shop) - she is a nightmare to shop with (bless her!!) - I hate shopping at the best of times but Mum is one who likes to meander around humming and hahhing at stuff and it takes her AGES to choose something.

Anyway - we took the stuff back and of course she brought the wrong &%&% receipt so she ended up with gift vouchers which means I will have to bring her back again sometime to spend them (Aaaaaaaaaargh!!!! :eek: )

QUESTION FOR STEPH!!

Found this pic - don't know about you but this is when I knew for certain I was flying over Africa. :lol: :p

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2006/29499-flying_over_africa.jpg

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

laudesan
03-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Pat you are a riot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLOL

Lulu
03-14-2006, 08:37 PM
What Lulu, your not a redhead!!!!!! Shock horror!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always had a very big soft spot for redheads!!!!!!!!! :D :heart: :heart: :wink2:

:heart:Flutter! Oh Kev! am just off to the dye pot then!!! Flutter!:heart:
Be still my beating heart................:p :D

Mark G
03-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Evening washers (and good day to JJ and all in upside down land).

Hopefully will get a bit of painting in tonight - working on my Monet copy for my daughter.

Thoughts and prayers to Jackie and Chuck and everyone else who needs it.

Mark