PDA

View Full Version : 1st Artrage thing

fugitive
03-11-2006, 11:09 PM
because of waheednasir , as I hate it when someone can do something, I cannot. Not that this is great but..........................
I did it on trace paper from my own painting of the fisherman, that may be better represented in an earlier thread done in psp. I had artrage already loaded but I guess I had given up on it, but it does have the goopy texture that is nice to have, and that jasc/corel/psp has never mastered, hump!

Skinny
03-11-2006, 11:53 PM
GOOD job, Greg! :clap: :clap: Hard to believe you cottoned to ArtRage so quickly.

fugitive
03-12-2006, 12:04 AM
GOOD job, Greg! :clap: :clap: Hard to believe you cottoned to ArtRage so quickly.
That's because I'm real. Don't think it was easy, but not real hard. Funny controls tho, amazing how/why, some guys put such nice tools in a free proggie, shoulda sold it to Jasc.

fugitive
03-12-2006, 12:13 AM
Qs; does anyone know any details about Dogwaffle or Drawplus?

justjean
03-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Looking good:thumbsup: , must try that tracing paper bit might make things easier in ArtRage

wiscojaydub
03-12-2006, 12:25 AM
nice art rage..i know some stuff about dogwaffle and twisted brush because it is all i use....................

einna
03-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Greg this is very nicely done in artrage, i know how hard it is..but i do love those brushes too.

Looking for more of your artrage pieces.This one is so painterly.

fugitive
03-12-2006, 02:35 AM
nice art rage..i know some stuff about dogwaffle and twisted brush because it is all i use....................
Ok, tell me, how is dogwaffle, I've been trying to d/l it but haven't yet, is it worth a try?

fugitive
03-12-2006, 02:37 AM
Greg this is very nicely done in artrage, i know how hard it is..but i do love those brushes too.

Looking for more of your artrage pieces.This one is so painterly.
I haven't even tried the brushes yet, as I wanted to try some palette knife, as I've never done any good with it in painter. Thanks Greg.

barryt
03-12-2006, 04:48 AM
An excellent character painting Greg.

Shan Khurram
03-12-2006, 07:46 AM
:thumbsup:

LadyAlba
03-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Good use of the tracing feature I have problems with that pallette knife in Artrage can't seem to get it adjusted so that I can use it. :wave:

wiscojaydub
03-12-2006, 08:47 AM
:thumbsup: gregg i have done over 4,000 digis with the doggy, it is at least worth the demo d/l, also please check out twisted brush... they are both rasters but they are very fun to use, and you can get great results. on the flip side down loading and installing can be pain in the butt, but it is worth it. they b0th cost around a benjamin, with twisted brush you have perpetual license with free upgrades.....:wave:

omniartz
03-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Great piece, Greg! ArtRage is fun to use because it really feels like oils, goopy like you said! :lol:

Bytemebabs
03-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Greg, I don't remember if I saw the original one you posted, but WOW this is something! I just love the whole painting!!!!!! This looks like a software you should do more work in. :thumbsup:

fugitive
03-12-2006, 02:48 PM
:thumbsup: gregg i have done over 4,000 digis with the doggy, it is at least worth the demo d/l, also please check out twisted brush... they are both rasters but they are very fun to use, and you can get great results. on the flip side down loading and installing can be pain in the butt, but it is worth it. they b0th cost around a benjamin, with twisted brush you have perpetual license with free upgrades.....:wave:
How can that be? I started a decade ago, and I'm surely not up to 1000?

wiscojaydub
03-12-2006, 02:58 PM

leofaerie17
03-12-2006, 06:24 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Greg you certainly aced this well done:thumbsup:

fugitive
03-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Ok, dumby time; I have spent the last 4 hrs with Twisted and cannot get it to behave. I would be happy to clone paint or paint on a layer above the orig, but it's not working. I can do the Trace paper, or clone source and don't understand the thing about moving to next page. Can you help?
greg

fugitive
03-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Well, I joined in 2002 and that number is not up to 3000 and it prolly includes answers and replies too. I can still remember back then, at haveing an almost empty collection of paintings, tho, and now I have quite a few.

wiscojaydub
03-12-2006, 08:12 PM
first off it aint dumby time..you are an accomplished artist starting out a new program and just 4 hours into it to boot. my focus has been abstract art,and have not ever used the clone brush or paint. However if you were to go over to the quickie abstract thread and post the question over there maybe some one could help you out there. The real guy to see is ken carlino, the owner of the company that puts out twisted brush. The twisted brush web site, which is on the interface is a very good place to get help!

fugitive
03-12-2006, 08:38 PM
I don't think my petty Qs are enough to bother the owner with, and I'd feel weird going to a strange abstract thread. I went thru an abstract faze with psp and did some pretty interesting stuff, some is prolly back a couple yrs right here.

brandynne
03-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Greetings,

Greg, this is very well done, thanks for allowing us to see it.

Brandynne :)

wiscojaydub
03-12-2006, 09:03 PM
greg.. ken is very accessible..in fact... he is a member of wet canvas, going under his name.. strange abstract thread...hmmmmmmm!