PDA

View Full Version : End of an Era

barryt
03-11-2006, 07:18 AM
This is another photo manip
It portrays the end of the last day of legal fox hunting Feb 17th 2005. I chose to show the Huntsman standing with his hounds. They don't realise what he realises, that they won't hunt that way again. I chose to not show hunt foloowers on horseback, just the head of one the other side of the fence. I also elimminated the other huntsman, the Whipper in, I only wanted the one rd coat. I finally made it grey and dull, as it was, though the camera didn't quite show that. I also eliminated a lot of telephone wires and distracting objects.
After I composed the picture I 'painted' it using P8, the sargent brush, mainly cloned plus some freehand and image luminance to give texture to the strokes.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Mar-2006/70662-EODQH2000p.jpg

The two photos I used are below

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Mar-2006/70662-Base_photo.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Mar-2006/70662-Hounds.jpg

Yako
03-11-2006, 07:56 AM
:clap::thumbsup: :clap::thumbsup: :clap: Superb!:)

justjean
03-11-2006, 07:58 AM
Terrific job on this on Barry, the colours sure bring it to life :thumbsup:

Skinny
03-11-2006, 08:26 AM
Barry...you are so talented at this!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Combining photos effectively isn't easy. You've inspired me to be more creative in that area. Thank you!

barryt
03-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Kareen, Jean and Skinny, (I use Skinny, I don't know if you're Kristen or Kirsten and I like Skinny!) Thank you. I like doing things this way, because rarely does one photo contain all the lement you need, plus goo composition and plus no things there to spoil it. (like the barbed wire in the Drinks pic)

LadyAlba
03-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Turned out really good :thumbsup: ....makes you think...."Time marches on and the close to an era.

Skinny
03-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Barry, I'm Kristen....:heart:

barryt
03-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Thanks Marge, and thank you Kristen :) (I love that name :) )

omniartz
03-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Barry, I'm impressed by your use of digital tools. I think the end product is just amazing! I've done a number of photos where I clean out posts and wires to get a more natural feel to the image, less manmade environmental thingies.. Anywho - Great Job!!! :wave:

Bytemebabs
03-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Well I am sure the rest of you have already figured this out. I am stuck in a time warp. Geesh I would never even think to do something like this. How creative to combine photos and then paint them. I don't even know how to do a photo manip but I think I may start looking into learning how to.

This is just superb! You choose the most meaningful pieces of both and then did an outstanding job on painting the result.

Feeling VERY humbled here.

barryt
03-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Thanks Kirk. I think the thought to combine came from a desire to improve the composition of a photo. I do the combining and resizing in Photoshop E, then take it into Painter.
Babs. You have skills I don't have, so we're quits. :)

leofaerie17
03-12-2006, 06:57 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Barry nearly missed this its superb:thumbsup: and im glad its come to an end(foxhunting ) that is :lol:

Babs you would excell at this as you really know your layers :thumbsup:

fugitive
03-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Well, we all gotta give up killing the wildlife, before it's too late. I once, hunted sharks, killing them just for fun. Nice job.

barryt
03-13-2006, 05:36 AM
Thanks Bev and Greg
I know hunting is a delicate issue. I don't condone unregulated hunting of anything, but the hunts in the UK are well regulated, and keep the balance of wildlife. Foxes wouldn't have become extinct when hunting was legal, because the hunts owned many of the coverts where the foxes live, and were careful what they hunted. There is a big danger now that foxes will become extinct, because hunting them is now illegal and unregulated, and the hunts may well have to sell the coverts.

leofaerie17
03-13-2006, 05:57 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Barry i understand but ive never liked the fox hunts mainly because of the terror those poor little guys went through before the kill i would hate to be chased down like that and i cant understand anyone enjoying the ritual i find it barbaric:crying:

jhercilia
03-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Your collages really work!

barryt
03-14-2006, 05:43 AM
We won't go further Bev :)
Thanks Janet

TxAggieDarlin
03-14-2006, 09:59 AM
I did not realize they had ended so I learned something along with a beautiful picture....Nice work.

barryt
03-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Thanks Aggie. Yes, they still go on drag hunts, but it isn't quite the same thing. Our local hunt found a dying fox the other day that had been shot but not killed, it was a terrible sight. The huntsman finally killed it with his pistol.