PDA

View Full Version : My first digital atempt

broke4u
03-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Hi!

this is my first try to make a painting on the computer.
What do you think.
I made it with a little program called "Art Rage" and it was harder to do than I thought.
I personally like the more graphic effect I got by skipping details and shadings.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Mar-2006/78348-nudetorso.jpg

Yako
03-11-2006, 12:27 AM
It's a good first attempt broke4u! I guess you did it with the aid of a graphic tablet?

Welcome to this forum :wave: :)

By the way....the rooster you did in the wild life forum is incredible!....like this type of drawing!

broke4u
03-11-2006, 02:31 AM
Thank you for the compliment on my rooster drawing. Working on a snake right now.

No, I do not have a drawing tablet, I had to do it with my mouse, and it was quite difficult.

Yako
03-11-2006, 07:50 AM
Try buying a drawing tablet. You'll not regret it. I bought mine about 1 year ago, what a difference! It's very much like drawing on a paper.

Skinny
03-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Welcome! :wave: You did very well, indeed. A graphic tablet will be a terrific investment.

dex
03-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Thank you for the compliment on my rooster drawing. Working on a snake right now.

No, I do not have a drawing tablet, I had to do it with my mouse, and it was quite difficult.

Hi Broke4u,
nice 1st attempt,you did well with "mouse",i started in digital art 5 days ago,but had the advantage of pen/tablet,I agree with what other's have said,it would be a good investment,(u'd save money not buying "cheese"lol).
dex

Hi,Yako/skinny:D:

barryt
03-12-2006, 04:57 AM
Nicely done

Bytemebabs
03-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Hey welcome! It is a good start! I have both ... well duh obviously a mouse ... and a tablet. I have yet to use the tablet. But 99% here swear by it. So check it out. I wish I would have started with one instead of the mouse, because I see such awesome work done here by using one. I also believe what you get used to first, helps when making a decision. Looking forward to seeing more of your artwork!

leofaerie17
03-12-2006, 06:16 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Great comic book effect here :clap:

broke4u
03-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Hi Leofery.

Thank you for the word I was looking for. "Comic Book Effect" is exactly the correct description and I am happy about that since that what I wanted.

I think I will need to get one of these boards to make it work.

One more question.

I have PSP and Art Rage and Adobe Illustrator as software. Can I actually do something good with those or do I have to get another program ?
If so , which one is best suited?

Thanks

leofaerie17
03-13-2006, 12:08 AM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Your most welcome glad to be of help you should check this thread out and im sure you could get advice there as its not my forte :lol: I would imagine Adobe Illustrator would be the ticket :thumbsup: best of luck with it :cat:

opps forgot the thread http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307506