PDA

View Full Version : Art Center College of Design?

seraph-noir
03-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Hi!

I have seen the Art Center College of Design(Pasadena) in the resumes of many talented individuals. It seems to be a favorite among digital artists, especially. I was wondering if anyone here has attended this school or knows someone who attended it (or even knows anything about it!).
I live on the east coast, so it would be difficult for me to visit the campus to find out more about it at this time. Perhaps one of you can offer some advice? I would greatly appreciate it!

Robin Neudorfer
03-13-2006, 01:20 AM
I am a graduate of Art Center. Though it was a "few" years ago I have returned to take night classes in a different field. If I didn't have a growing family I would return to get my masters. I am a volunteer through the college to speak to prospective students such as yourself, and to answer any question you may have. I suggest that you visit the website www.artcenter.edu and also request a catalog. That should begin the process.
I studied in the Industrial Design division, and I had little interaction with illustration after the first and second term. Though yesterday, I was out sketching with a group of friends (for fun) at Union Station in L.A. and met up with some current 4th term ACCD students. It was their digital illustration class.
It was one the best things that I ever did for myself. I left with a very positive memory of Art Center. I enjoy being back. I am taking a color class at the moment.
Feel free to ask me questions. If you want you can Private Message me.
Let me know what year you are in school.
Hope to hear from you soon.