PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash Vendredi, March 10th, 2006 **

matingara
03-09-2006, 07:57 PM
a new wash! i have started it because i have not been washing much lately.

mainly due to work commitments and the "Autumn Fair" which is on Labour Day (next Monday March 13th). People here are also really hyper cause some big athletic carnival starts in town next week!

Bev and I have been two of the main organizers (of the Autumn Fair NOT the athletics carnival) and therefore extremely busy.

You can see photos of last year's fair here http://www.lightinthehills.com/

hope to see you all there!

i have also entered a juried show and will be picking up the pieces from the framer shortly!!!

I think i have a wonderful chance in the luge this year!

JustjoGA
03-09-2006, 08:36 PM
OK, Joelsan .... What the Heck is Vendredi??????????????????

JustJo

matingara
03-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Babel fish it baby. i am not doing all your work for you.

:wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

matingara
03-09-2006, 08:47 PM
oh!!! if you want to see me being a sous-chef at a previous fair the photo is here:

http://www.lightinthehills.com/2004%20Cup%20Day%20Fair%20Photos.htm

i have no idea why anyone would bother looking at it - but i thought i would tell you anyway.

glad to be of service. carry on.

Emilia
03-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Babel fish it baby. i am not doing all your work for you.

:wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

I don't understand the above response to JustJo?

Are you kidding, or are you rude?

matingara
03-09-2006, 09:05 PM
"babel fish" has come to mean use online translation in the same way as "google" has come to mean search.

another word derived from the HHGTTG - similar to "42".

JustjoGA
03-09-2006, 09:07 PM
It's OK, Emilia... he's just being Joel :D :D :D

JustJo

Christie
03-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Joel, good luck with the fair.:)

Jo, Vendredi is Friday is French.:) Very erudite is our Joel.:D

Emilia, Babelfish is a translation tool. Accurate to a point, but fun to run text through all the same.:) Copy some English text to it, then translate it to another language, then translate it back. It certainly does not come back the way it went in.:) It is a very literal translation service.:D

The children have the day off school tomorrow, so we are staying home. Apparently we are playing Clue at some point....:D

Take care.

JustjoGA
03-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Everything I find is in French, and I don't read French more
than "je vous aime beaucoup" :) :) :) .

JustJo

Christie
03-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Et j'aime toi aussi Jo.:)

(and I like you also Jo) :) (I used to get $25/ hour for translation, does it show?:D)

Emilia
03-09-2006, 09:17 PM
It's OK, Emilia... he's just being Joel :D :D :D

JustJo
OK, so now I am getting to know Joel. :rolleyes: I am glad you told me that.

Emilia
03-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Et j'aime toi aussi Jo.:)

(and I like you also Jo) :) (I used to get $25/ hour for translation, does it show?:D)
You deserve more then $25. an hour, Kristie :D

Christie
03-09-2006, 09:24 PM
You deserve more then $25. an hour, Kristie :D

For French maybe, but I also translated German, Spanish and Russian and I was not so good at those.:D My Russian is VERY strongly French accented.:D It has been suggested that perhaps, when confronted with a Russian speaking person, I should use just enough Russian to say, "Do you speak French?" :D

I did airport security (and the translation work) when I was going through school. That was so long ago that it can be measured in decades now.:D

Emilia
03-09-2006, 09:25 PM
I did translation for the attornies Polish English / English Polish and didn't get paid for it. They use to call friend when they needed me.:) Y:lol: ES

Emilia
03-09-2006, 09:27 PM
For French maybe, but I also translated German, Spanish and Russian and I was not so good at those.:D My Russian is VERY strongly French accented.:D It has been suggested that perhaps, when confronted with a Russian speaking person, I should use just enough Russian to say, "Do you speak French?" :D

I did airport security (and the translation work) when I was going through school. That was so long ago that it can be measured in decades now.:D
Gavarush po Ruski. I can speak but not write. Their alphabaet is different.

Christie
03-09-2006, 09:28 PM
I did translation for the attornies Polish English / English Polish and didn't get paid for it. They use to call friend when they needed me.:) Y:lol: ES

Hah! The only reason I got paid was because the airlines needed someone to do the job and they are unionized.:)

Christie
03-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Most of my Russian is gone now (which is probably a good thing :D).

Written technical Russian (at least the chemistry part ) is pretty easy to figure out because it is mostly English.:)

Emilia
03-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Just Jo did we loose you?:lol:

Emilia
03-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Christe you can forget a lot if you don' use it, but you also remember a lot. I was just 5 /6 yrs old when I learn russia and I left that country when I was 7 yet I still remember. I was born in Poland. So I speak Polish but I left Poland when I was 5

Emilia
03-09-2006, 09:39 PM
I was a teenager in africa 5 years and never really learned the language, oh some sentences not really much. that's because Africans spoke English.
Jamb abarygany mazurry eko sowor sower. That meant Hello

Emilia
03-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Dasvidania for now, I am sure you know what that is.

matingara
03-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Getting to know Joel. What a fine aim in life.

To get to know the crew in full you need to read the entire (ongoing) bunkhouse saga here: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316735

Nandie
03-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Aren't we French today!!!

Dieu Merci C'est Vendredi! (French version of T.G.I.F.!)

Not much happening here tonight, (for a change!) :rolleyes: Just soaking my kitchen sink a'la Flylady, and trying to decide if I am going to watch American Idol and tape Survivor, or the other way around. :cat:

Christie
03-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Dasvidania for now, I am sure you know what that is.

Indeed I do!:)

I find I can remember the other languages if someone speaks them, but Russian was hard for me to learn and it is REALLY hard to remember (probably why my accent is so horrible).

Going to watch an Indiana Jones movie with the kids now. They want to see Petra in it's real setting.:)

dahliaman
03-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi Everybody,

I guess you could call this a good Friday then :lol:

Glad you translated that Christie, I couldn't hack french at school.

it was all double dutch to me :rolleyes:

have fun at the fair Joel,

Emilie, Christie, all those languages are way over my head, I'll just try and keep on painting :eek:

well it's approaching 3am so I'm going to do a Jo!! and say Goodnight see you later, much later, nitey nite.

I wonder what kind of language Jean is going to come out with :rolleyes: :evil: in the morning :lol: :lol: I'm crackin up :lol: :lol:

Er did I beat you!!! Er was I first!!! Er did I cheat!!! Hmmmm :heart: :smug:

Lulu
03-09-2006, 10:08 PM
well just listen to all these multi-lingual washers here!! Joel included, he speaks Ocker Emilia;) hehe

Have had a great day, painting this morning, gym and walking in the sunshine this afternoon. The temperature is certainly autumnal first thing, but warming up to 22C here during the day.
Also called in to give my favourite cafe some of our pear surplus. We are picking up at least a bucket full every morning.

As I was walking I was thinking of all the people here who are in need of special blessings.......

Off to rugby tonight, the season started last Friday, but of course I was rather 'under the weather' then after my surgery. Looking forward to tonight's game, and also the chips, hotdogs etc that are all part of it:)

Have a great weekend everyone:wave:

lentil
03-09-2006, 10:10 PM
I've always kicked myself that I didn't continue French in high school. But we had a string of terrible teachers. The last one really turned me off the class. I love to hear the French language. I also love the accents of the Irish, Scotish and English. I guess my heritage shows up then. Not sure if anyone is familiar with the Rankin Family. Their celtic music made me want to get up and dance. And since they were Canadian, I was a truly dedicated fan.

Brenda

yahooserious
03-09-2006, 10:50 PM
I could probably translate pig latin if anybody is in need.

Emilie

Christie
03-09-2006, 10:53 PM
I've always kicked myself that I didn't continue French in high school. But we had a string of terrible teachers. The last one really turned me off the class. I love to hear the French language. I also love the accents of the Irish, Scotish and English. I guess my heritage shows up then. Not sure if anyone is familiar with the Rankin Family. Their celtic music made me want to get up and dance. And since they were Canadian, I was a truly dedicated fan.

Brenda

I LOVE the Rankins! I have a few of their albums and would have loved to see them perform.

Christie
03-09-2006, 10:55 PM

Emilie

Now you have my kids speaking pig latin Emilie.:D That should mess them up nicely for school on Monday...:D

Ellen in Ont
03-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Just popping in for a minute before heading to bed. I haven't had a chance to catch up on the wash in a few days but I will this weekend. Hope everyone has a great start to the weekend.

CharM
03-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Wow... that last Harry Potter Movie was dark!!! Holey moley... I can just about imagine all the 12 year olds sitting in the theatre when it was playing! :eek: They're probably still in therapy!

Thanks Christie and Olga... I was worried for a few minutes...

I found that Spanish was very easy to learn, I think, because of my French... And since Matt went to school in France, his French is really good and we try to speak it often at home... I don't want him to lose it!!!

Joel... we love you just as you are!!!

Hiya Jo and Emilia!

Nandie... get some Clorox Cleanup bleach cleaner... spray it in your sink when you've finished the dishes... wipe it out with your dishcloth and then rinse the cloth... Both sink AND cloth will be sparkling!!! No WORK!! hehehe

A Good Friday, indeed, Jimmy!!! And I certainly have to give you this one... you beat Jean fair and square... coming into the Wash early isn't cheating!!

Hi Lulu!! Who did you dream of??? I love poached pears...

:wave: Brenda and lilting to the magical tunes of a Celtic harp....

OK... it's past my bedtime... a few feathers have been got on the b-bird... he's looking pretty plump... :D And Lulu's right about our friends in need... there seem to be so many just now... special warm thoughts and positive energy beaming out to everyone... and HAWLTAIN!

EDIT: :wave: to Emilie and Ellen!!!! You popped in while I was typing!

matingara
03-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Now you have my kids speaking pig latin Emilie.:D That should mess them up nicely for school on Monday...:D

NO SCHOOL ON MONDAY. IT IS "AUTUMN FAIR DAY" AT ST. MATTHEWS.

http://www.lightinthehills.com/

how many times have i gotta tell youse?

Roll up! Roll up! Get yer Kewpie Dolls here!!! (We are having a COtton Candy machines - but the Australians call it some silly name like Pixie Poo or something.....)

Christie
03-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Joel, believe me, if we could be there we could...:D

dahliaman
03-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Good morning Everyone,

So much for going to Bye Byes, I have just come across the sad news of Jade in the Washery.

Emilie move over in the trough Emelie, grunt grunt :lol:

Lulu, enjoy your Rugby, what team do you support.

A Good Friday, indeed, Jimmy!!! And I certainly have to give you this one... you beat Jean fair and square... coming into the Wash early isn't cheating!!
Thank you Char, you've just made my day :clap: :smug:

:music: Happy talking:music: Happy talk:music: talking about the things we do:music: you'll be singing this all day :lol: :thumbsup:

Christie
03-09-2006, 11:20 PM
:music: Happy talking:music: Happy talk:music: talking about the things we do:music: you'll be singing this all day :lol: :thumbsup:

I have been told that humming the Canadian national anthem will erase any song that is stuck in your head. It has worked for me in the past, BUT then I go around humming Oh Canada all day... :D

Lulu
03-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Lulu, enjoy your Rugby, what team do you support.

Hi Jimmy, apart from the All Blacks (of course!) the Waikato Chiefs. We're into Super 14 rugby here.

Char, I dreamt of Jean last night and her swirlie green skirt. Looking forward to sleep tonight, who knows what/who I will dream about! lol

Hi everyone else, better scoot, DH has just come in the door and I should be ready to go! lol
:wave:

Emilia
03-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Getting to know Joel. What a fine aim in life.
]
That is to be determined yet Joel. :)
Don't work too hard.

Emilia
03-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Hi Everybody,

Emilia, Christie, all those languages are way over my head, I'll just try and keep on painting :eek:

Painting is a good thing I can do that without speaking a word, no matter what language. :)

Christie I can't hear you accent so I don't know if it is what you said, I am sure it's not. But then you can't hear mine either. :lol:

Emilia
03-10-2006, 12:05 AM
well just listen to all these multi-lingual washers here!! Joel included, he speaks Ocker Emilia;) hehe

Hehe 2 U 2 Lulu:) Have a great day!

I wish I knew how to quote everyone. One after the other. I don't want to ask Doug anymore he spent so much time with me on posting links. Thanks Doug again. I think Kat knows how, may be she will let me know?:D

Cathie Jones
03-10-2006, 12:19 AM
You guys crack me up!!!! :lol:

Emilia
03-10-2006, 12:23 AM
Hiya Jo and Emilia!

Nandie... get some Clorox Cleanup bleach cleaner... spray it in your sink when you've finished the dishes... wipe it out with your dishcloth and then rinse the cloth... Both sink AND cloth will be sparkling!!! No WORK!! hehehe

EDIT: :wave: to Emilie and Ellen!!!! You popped in while I was typing!

That clorox can clean just about everything! Just watch your cloths :D
I have blouses full of spots, so I put beads on the spots and have a shiny blouse. My friend ask me where did I buy my blouse. he he...

Hi Ellen

Have a great day all, tomorrow that is Friday. My clock tells me it's 12:25 am now. But I am a night owl. Oh it is tomorrow already :lol: :lol:

Emilia
03-10-2006, 12:27 AM
Joel, believe me, if we could be there we could...:D
Christe, may be we should ask Joel for the transportation, we all would come:clap: yeh yeh.:)

Emilia
03-10-2006, 12:35 AM
Good morning Everyone,

You sure happy today, I can hear you singing. Good morning to you: :music: :music: :music: and good night to me.

Hi CJ, Good night CJ

jaytee
03-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Jamb abarygany mazurry eko sowor sower couldnt resist that one............ yes its not yet 6.am in Blighty and who woke up with an energy burst at 4.00am ? So I put it to good use and am now on my way back to bed ...:D

EMILIA.........to put anything in quotes like this click on the little square quote icon ...... in quick reply its the last icon immediately above the message box......you will find two sets of square brackets come up, one with QUOTE in and one with /QUOTE......... and your cursor will be flashing between them.... whatever you type or paste between those will come in a box like this ...I presume you know how to copy text by highlighting it with your cursor........ well, thats how you get a quote from someone else in the box :D easy peasy when you know how.......

OK Im back to bed.... though the first blackbird hath just spoken so the dawn chorus might make sleep difficult............... yawn......... no I guess not byee :wave:

Nandie
03-10-2006, 01:26 AM

Hey! I think I actually have some of that under my bathroom sink! I'll try it - thanks!!

lizcar57
03-10-2006, 01:43 AM
Hi, seems like a busy place already.

I had a Korean friend and we tried to use Babel Fish & forget it!! I hope its not a tool used for world peace. If you type in "we come in peace", it comes out "your mother wears army boots!" :wink2: Am I dating myself again Jo?!

Started on my cat today. I did the eye & one ear.:cool:

I have never been able to speak pig latin. I know the concept, it just hurts my brain. This is a hard confession to make:( :(

I also can't make a quote. I press this, but don't know how to move the info. Sorry Jaytee :envy: :confused: :confused: It may be hopeless.

Well I want to go look at everyones cats & birds or whatever, see ya later

Liz

Olga
03-10-2006, 02:47 AM
Good morning Washies!
What a restless multilingual night you had here.... Only 8.20 in the morning here and I am #48? That must be a record! :)

Originally Posted by Cathie Jones:

Originally Posted by CharM
Pagliaci is one of my favourite Operas!!! I have a sound track with Placido Domingo and listen to it often!!
Mine, too! We got to see it in L.A. this season with Roberto Alagna and Angela Gheorghiu. Fantastic!!!

Cathie--now there is something that made me postiviely :envy: This was a Dutch Opera production. Nice, but no world famous stars. For favorite operas though I'd have to say Mozart... any Mozart, really...

I am in a somewhat ditzy state today (watch out, Jean). It took me three tries :eek: to write Hannah an excuse from gym today (she is generally doing quite well with her mono but she was feeling really tired this morning...)---on one of these I even managed to mess up Hannah's name!

Liz-I am with you on those automatic translators... :D :lol: :D Perfect giggle producers--but beware if you really want to translate something...:eek:

Hope Joel enjoys his festval
Cathie enjoys the snow :smug: ;)
Jimmy enjoys his victory in the Wash
Nandie enjoys (???--not sure that's the word) her clean sink and gets some rest, too
Jaytee enjoys the rest of her well deserved sleep (I do have a feeling that to find out what she's been up to between 4 and 6AM one has to visit the Fly thread...:) )
Waving to Emilia, Jo (saw your good news--YES!!!! :thumbsup: ), Christie, Ellen, Char, Brenda and whoever else I missed...

Off to get some work done...

Enjoy your Friday! Or Venderdi or Vrijdag or Freitag or Venderi even Piatek :) (just do0n't ask me to go much beyond days of the week, please)

:heart: :grouphug: :heart: and Alphabet soup!

Olga

jaytee
03-10-2006, 02:50 AM
OK Im Up again... lay there for an hour or more sleepless......so here we are !!!

Liz...... dont understand hopeless :D:D

There are various ways to copy text so you can paste it........the way I use is to put the cursor at the begining ( or sometime the end works better !!!) of the passage you want to copy, click on your mouse and hold it down... run your cursor over the text you want to copy and release the mouse... this will highlight the text .

You can then do one of several things......depending on how you work and what softwar you use........ either right click your mouse and select 'copy ' on the drop down menu and copy it..... move your cursor to where you want to put it..... and click on 'Paste' [you can also find 'copy' and 'paste ' under 'EDIT' in your drop down menus on the top bar.....or use keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + C for copy and I use shift + insert to paste....... there may be other ways !!]

Try one of those and see if you can make it work :) Good Luck... if you cant come back to me in a pm and Ill try and make it clearer for you ;)

Yorky
03-10-2006, 03:08 AM
Morning all :wave:

What's the world coming to:confused: I get up early and dash to the wash to find it full of folks speaking foreign languages.

I must admit I have to brush up on my French before we go to the Dordogne in April. I find it is hearing what people say that is the problem, you definitely have to get tuned in to the accent.

However I don't know any pigs that speak Latin, so I have no us for it :)

Off to rugby tonight

You don't play rugby too do ya? :eek:

Anybody having trouble doing something just Skype me and I'll take you through it step by step.

Well, after multiple phone calls I got confirmation yesterday afternoon that the court case is definitely off. After waiting 18 months for the case, I suppose I'll have to wait another 18 months for the money:rolleyes:

I'll have to be thinking of a "B" bird today - I'll check out JT's photos now I can find them in the sticky. I have to confess I created the sticky to help me find all those wonderful photos that people take :angel:

Well, off to get some breakfast now, BBL

Doug

Aquarelle10
03-10-2006, 03:31 AM
"Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word":music:

Jaytee has me singing already! :clap:

And there's a B bird for everyone.A gorgeous singing blackbird with a beautiful yellow beak!:)

So Mr Jimmy Dahliaman beat me!:p :lol: Well I must admit my hubby was home so I decided to spend time with him this morning instead so you beat me fair and square Jimmy!:)

I'm making decisions on what to frame for my exhibition and then a trip to the framers will follow.

Am I allowed to mention it in here in case anyone in UK is near me?

I'm now not sure what I can and what I can't talk about.I know I can't mention my workshops.I'm laughing but it does seem funny.We're an art forum and altho I realise we mustn't tout for business but on the otherhand a diary of where artists will be teaching or exhibiting would be wonderful because we could trace who we would like to meet and see if there is any opportunity to attend a workshop or exhibition.:confused:

Anyway.........my two dogs are racing around outside and as the framers is near a huge woodland and lake I may just take them there for a treat.

I've learnt bits of quite a few languages purely from living abroad.I doubt my Cantonese will be very useful now tho! I lived in rural France for a while and loved it.

Joel,Bonjour.

Char Buenos Dias

Jimmy Bore da:lol:

Christie Bon matin

Emilia,Good morning!

Olga Goede ochtend

Doug,Ohio Gaziemas ( although I will have spelt that wrong,it should be in characters)

Jo Guten Morgen

Lulu. Buona mattina,you dreamt about me? You reminded me of my Grandad.He used to sing " I dream of Jeannie with the bright red hair! " He changed the lyrics to tease me because I always hated my bright carrot coloured hair!

I must get to work,I'm sorry if I missed anyone.

Have a wonderful day,full of smiles and laughter and all thats good.I hope the sadness around us makes us stronger in our love for those with problems and lifts our spirits in making us realise how blessed we are in so many ways.

Hugs.

Jean.:wave:

Yorky
03-10-2006, 04:01 AM
Morning Jean :wave:

You haven't been posing for Vlad (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332477)have you? :D :evil:

Doug

Kate Mc
03-10-2006, 04:06 AM
Hewy, Washeroonies! :wave:

LOL, Joel, I didnt' even notice Vendredi--it's what I see here all the time!

Olga - isn't Kate just a sweetheart -

Flattery will get you nowhere, Pat. ....but on the other hand, it can't hurt either. Keep talking.....

Olga, Pagliachi is one of my favorite operas too. The aria that he sings when he's about to kill her is just heartbreaking. When we lived in DC, we went to the Washington Opera, and we got to see Placido Domingo sing this one. WOWOWOW. It was one of my favorite evenings at the opera. As for Mozart, I'd listen to anything he wrote EXCEPT for The Magic Flute. (Can music be silly?) I'm glad that you got to go, and sorry that Hannah had to miss it.

We're working hard here to keep our heads above water. Today is the first day in 2 weeks that I have any free time at home (JUPPEE!!). I'm hoping to paint. I have been in a long dry spell, promising myself that I will paint--and TODAY'S THE DAY!!

I got a few things back from the framer this week. There's a competition here for artists in all media, and I've decided to enter. It's the first time that I've entered anything with a goal of winning a prize. (can you spell hubris?) We're allowed to enter up to four pieces, and so here are the four I'm entering (sorry about the strange angles, but there's a lot of glare in my apartment):

First, Alan. We decided to frame all of these together. The title is "Macbeth-- into madness".

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Mar-2006/21440-DSCF2872.JPG

Next, Marcus and Maria:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Mar-2006/21440-DSCF2874.JPG

And finally, Harm:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Mar-2006/21440-DSCF2877.JPG

So much going on here. Joel has taken over Chris' role as Master of Foolishness, Emilia is in a supporting role as Spritey-stand-in, Doug is going to get Buss-ed by the bus company :p, Pat has managed to put off the dread day of the wedding, Char is en-robed again (wonderful colors, g/f!), Amelia is moving to Florida.

Oh, and Jo: Je t'aime aussi.

BBL, Gooby for now :wave:

Kate

Olga
03-10-2006, 04:08 AM
Originally Posted by Aquarelle10: I'm making decisions on what to frame for my exhibition and then a trip to the framers will follow.

Am I allowed to mention it in here in case anyone in UK is near me?

Jean--I was worried about that too and then some Wash-folk asked me to post a poster/invitation! And--though I will not be able to come I would LOVE to see what you are exhibiting and where. So, pictures please!

Cross-posted with Kate, and have to come back to say hi! Those framed portraits are WONDERFUL, Kate! They look really interesting--the Macbeth one is my favorite--but all are really first class! Hope you do get to paint today!! ((()))) and thanks yet again for being here this past weekend. It was such fun to have you and we hope we can do it again soon!

Olga

Yorky
03-10-2006, 04:09 AM
Morning Kate:wave:

Those paintings look even more wonderful framed up.

Just watching Patricia Routledge on the BBC - I just can't see her as anything but Hyacinth Bouquet (http://www.tvheaven.ca/kup.htm). :D

Doug

jaydiva
03-10-2006, 04:51 AM
Good Morning, Bonjour, Guten Morgen, Hasta la Vista :wave:

Wow I'm just starting my day and the wash has already gone to page 4!!
You guys should go to bed earlier :angel: But then again Joel and Jo you made me laugh.
Joel of course i went to see you burning a few sausages, looks like a fun fair!

Why Christie!!! You're translating into Germany too!! Das ist ja eine große Überraschung!

Kate those paintings look wonderful in their frames!
I got a few of mine framed too, will have to take some decent photos of them

Char, i don't know for how long i have to take the chemo, it might very well become my base treatment for a rather long time.

The wild geese just returned !! :clap: :clap:
I took a photo
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Mar-2006/32313-gaense.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Mar-2006/32313-gaense1.jpg
there they are ... caught them in mid flight!! How's that for wildlife photography :thumbsup:

Jean, i also would love to see, hear and know everything about your exhibit!!

Has anybody heard from Lyn mum ?? I'm a bit worried, haven't seen her around. I sure hope she is alright.

HAWLTAIN
:grouphug:

stephie20
03-10-2006, 06:11 AM
Gosh, what a busy place here already......Don't speak any other languages, have enough trouble with English :D .....Did take French for about 3 weeks, got thrown out of class and had to go in with the head of year who taught Woodwork, perphaps thats why I love DIY now :)...certainly comes in useful now

Been having talks with my son and his fourthcoming marriage next year...he's getting married abroad :( I can see why they would want to do it that way, but i'm a traditionalist at heart....Trouble is he's such a lovely thoughtful boy, I can't show him i'm dissapointed, it would upset him, he always worries about trying to please everyone else. and it is his life.....what happened to my dreams of having pretty little girls and making their wedding dresses and cakes :D . They will have a Muslim wedding here, but apparently that doesn't legally marry them :confused: ...Some Mosques will only perform a wedding if you legally marry 1st........ Kids:)

Am going to try and paint today, have been spending too much time with my camera, seem to have forgotten how to paint...

:wave: to everyone, TMTRTI, Dave's waiting to go shopping before he goes to bed.....so sending group hugs...can't open smilies for some reason....better be off

painterbear
03-10-2006, 06:33 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter past 6 in the a.m. here in a very, very windy Oakwood. I hear the wind moving the trees around outside my window in the dark. (I actually like the sound because it isn't strong enough to make the trees break and fall on the house, but I can hear it. Weird, eh?)

Emilia, Not sure I should tell you this or not, can't tell what I might unleash here in the Wash, but, whenever you want to quote someone, all you do is copy and paste what it is you want to quote, then type {quote} in front of it and {/quote} after it—only use brackets [ ] instead of { }. That's how I do it. It will appear in the quote box once you send the message. You can do that with however many things you want to quote.

I had French I and II in highschool, as well as Latin I and II. I remembered enough of it to get us rooms in hotels and to say Hello, Goodbye, and Thank you (Bonjour, Au revoir, Merci) when we went to France. However, my husband used to tell people I spoke great Menu French because I could translate what foods were on the menues thanks to my hobby of reading cookbooks. :D I picked up smatterings of Italian and Turkish and German when we lived in those countries, but I have forgotten most of it. Like Char said, if you don't use it regularly, it disappears into the cavern of memory.

Good to keep Matt using his French regularly at home, Char. I'm sure he will enjoy being able to use it fluently the next time he visits France. (I'll bet he has that in his future plans, don't you?)

Kate, Your paintings look terrific. Good luck on entering the competition. Your paintings are enough out of the ordinary that they have a very good chance to take a prize.

Not sure if she is a lurker here, but in case she is, let's all say
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DEB (NodakerDeb)! Hope you have a wonderful year ahead and lots of great paintings to paint. :D

Jaytee, Hope you get the zip back in your elastic soon. It is so debilitating to have no energy. White light heading your way, even if you didn't ask for any.

Cathy, I don't know if it is just me, but your tinyhead avatar seems to have been corrupted, it is only opening halfway on my screen. Maybe you need to reload it or something??? Or maybe I'm the only one seeing it that way????:D

CRS has set in so I'll wave :wave: to all who were here before me and to those who are yet to come.

SYL,

Sylvia

madmum
03-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Morning :wave:

I'm afraid housework beat painting into submission yesterday - we're having visitors this weekend, and I have to make the house look a little tidier! We're going out for a meal tomorrow night, which I'm really looking forward to. We haven't seen these friends for a year, and the last time was at their wedding so we didn't get much time to talk.

Kate, your paintings look wonderful framed! :clap: Good luck with the competition!

Doug, I think there's a blackbird in one of my photo threads, and I'm sure Jaytee has blue tits :evil: LOL

I'm not good at French, or any other language unfortunately. Amy is very good though, and is now talking about taking French at University!

Jean, I'd love to know about your exhibition too.

I should do some more housework (in 10 minute bursts) but I want to paint! We'll see what wins today ;)

Big hugs and white light to all,

Ruth

Europa
03-10-2006, 06:40 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Waving to everyone :wave:

Char - i watched the latest Harry Potter movie too last night - blimey even had me wide eyed at times and I am not easily scared :eek:

Kate - me - flatter someone - as if - I mean what would I get out of it. :wink2:

Talking of foreign languages - if anyone ever wants Wiganese translating - here I am - soooo here is a poem for you all in Wiganese.

A Shill'in for Clee'un'in

Reet… Were goo'int go through th'eaws today.

Aah want th'whole place clee'un.

Yo not goo'in play'in till it's bin done.

So aah ope yo aw know worr aah mee'un.

Neaw thee Raymund, thaa con do't petty.

Get lanry from under yon sink.

Un mek sure tha scrubs under't lavatry rim.

It's that whats bin caus'in that stink.

Terunce, thaa con do grate.

Gee it a reight good black lead'in.

Un mek sure tha cle'uns inside er't thov'en.

Even if tha as't get thi yed in.

Scrawp aw them clinckers from th'esshole.

Then opp'n that new bungle er sticks.

Screw up some papp'er fot mek a good fire.

Cos thi dad'll bi wom abeawt six.

Jeffrey.. thaa con do kich'un.

Un don't thee forget stone that step.

There's a new donkey bran under't slop stone.

Un tha knows wee'er mop rags are kept.

Aah'm beawnt fot go an fill't dollytub.

Theres a greyt pile er waash'in waants do'in.

So while am in't waasheaws, no faw'in eawt.

Neaw pick up yo things un get goo'in.

Oh…un one of yo u'll at turn yon mangle.

Cos aah corn't do them blankits misell.

Un as't waant a lift wi pegg'in um eawt.

If their not back on't bed..He'll play hell.

Aah ope av geet time nip ter't popshop.

Cos as't at gerr his suit eawt agen.

Un then it waants spong'in un press'in.

Un then he'll not know weer it's bin.

So come on lets aw get stuck in.

Aah waant yo aw show will'in

Un if we get done afoor he comes wom.

Aah met trait yo aw to a shill'in.

If you need a translation - just let me know - and believe me you won't find it on Babel.......LOL. :wink2: :evil:

Have fun!!

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

madmum
03-10-2006, 06:55 AM
:confused: Pat, I'm amazed how little of that I understand! lol The first verse is clear, after that I get stuck.

jaytee
03-10-2006, 07:25 AM
:confused: Pat, I'm amazed how little of that I understand! lol The first verse is clear, after that I get stuck.

I'm amazed Ruth .I got it all bar mebe a couple of words !!! :)

Am still awake and alert and have dunged out the utility room........... its really really bizarre how I suddenly pop back up......... must be all the cyber elastic and white light you have been sending me ....... thankyou :)

HAWLTAIN, SOUP and :grouphug:

Yorky
03-10-2006, 07:28 AM
Doug, I think there's a blackbird in one of my photo threads, and I'm sure Jaytee has blue tits LOL

She's been sleepin' b'aht bedcovers agin ;)

Doug

JustjoGA
03-10-2006, 07:36 AM
Well, Good Morning, again, You All! :D

The school I went to was limited to teaching kids to
put the g on "ing" words. :D :D :D There were no
foreign languages offered even in high school. What
French I learned began with my mother's convent French
and continued in my voracious reading ... I can read
and understand much more than I can speak, but would
love to be acquainted with someone from whom I could
learn it first hand... I also know a poquito of Spanish :)
The only Russian I know is "Nyet!" (always have to look
up Das Vidania :))

My Friday Rest Day today, which means if I can muster
the "get up and go" I have errands to run, a bird to
draw/paint and a box or two to empty (if I say it to
myself enough, it will get done :()

I've sent my prayers and white light to our friends in
distress ... Jaytee should get a star in her crown for
giving us that thread! (((JT)))

My sincere thanks to all who have posted or PM'd joy
with me for good news re health. I am blessed! :angel:

Jimmy!!! You still didn't tell me what "doing a Jo" is.
Unless you refer to 'HAVE A TOLD YOU LATELY HOW MUCH I
LOVE THIS PLACE!?!?!?" If so, I am happy to share it :)

:wave: to all here and AWAYTC, HAWLTAIN and Soup

JustJo

CharM
03-10-2006, 08:05 AM
:music: Good Morning to You :music: I slept all night... without *wandering* even once... the greatest gifts are the smallest...

The Lionesque of March has roared in, mid month... The wind is wipping through the trees and it's been raining again... It'll take us a week to pick up all the branches and sticks from the lawn...

Ted's at work and Matt's at school... my gosh this house is a quiet one...

My b-bird is finished... time to get the kitty drawn out for Jean's class/Matt's birthday...

Ruth... read it aloud... I laughed all the way through it... maybe because I DID understand it...

JT, why don't you paint today since you're feeling a little more chipper... leave the Flying for a few days...

Ack... the geese!!! If it's not the swans, it's the geese... they love our protected little lakes... What a noisy lot they are... and messy... for some reason, they prefer to congregate along the beach or the grassy boulevards... yuckkkk....

Gracias y beunos dias a usted, Jean! Merci et le bon matin a tu, Jean! Thank you and good morning to you, Jean! :p :smug: :lol:

Syl... for your canvas... paint from the tube... now that's juicey!!! :D

Happy Birthday to Deb (hope you're lurking!!!)

Katie-p-tatie... those portraits look some FINE all dressed up in their spiffy frames!! Good luck with the exhibition... I feel a winner coming on!!!

Stephie... no you haven't... I saw your daisies... they're to die for!!

Off to get a second cup of coffee and browse through the Studio and Gallery... :wave: to everyone... HAWLTAIN and Soup!!!

Europa
03-10-2006, 08:18 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB!!

Ruth I too must admit am amazed you couldnt get it - but just for you here is the translation....lol.

If you want to read any more here is the website

http://homepages.tesco.net/~jeffunsworth/

Right… We are going to clean through the house today.

I want the whole place clean.

Your not going playing till it's been done.

So I hope you all know what I mean.

Now Raymond, you do the toilet.

Get the Lanry from under the sink.

And make sure you scrub under the rim.

It's that what's been causing that stink.

Terence, you do the grate.

Give it a right good black leading.

And make sure you clean inside the oven.

Even if you have to get your head in.

Scrape all those ashes from under the grate.

Then open that new bundle of sticks.

Screw up some paper to make a good fire.

For your dad will be home about six.

Jeffrey.. you can do the kitchen.

And don't forget to stone that step.

There's a new donkey brand under the slop stone.

And you know were the mop rags are kept.

I shall be filling the dollytub.

There's a great pile of washing needs doing.

So while I'm in the wash house, no falling out.

Now pick up your things and get going.

Oh…and one of you will have to turn the mangle.

For I can't do those blankets my self. ( misell )

And I will need a lift with pegging them out.

If their not back on the bed..He'll play hell.

I hope I've got time for the pawnshop.

For I'll need to redeem his suit again.

And then it needs sponging and pressing.

And then he'll not know where it's been.

So come on lets all get stuck in.

I want you all to show willing

And if we get done before he comes home.

I may treat you all to a shilling.

Off to Asda with SWMBO - oh joy!! - later folks

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

Little Old Lady
03-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Greetings:wave:
Busy, busy place.
Got a very nice surprise yesterday when Fed X delivered 2 dozen rose buds from my granddaughters.
Missing Pam, Fookie and Lyn.
Lunch with gals between midden cleaning.
:grouphug:
JoAnn

Aquarelle10
03-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Kate.I have decided you have won.:clap: First prize too.:clap: Your work is stunning,totally stunning and I will fall off my chair if you don't win! By the way I am NOT just saying this because you live near gorgeous Belgian Chocolates either! :p Your paintings are superb.

Doug I have GREEN eyes not blue and I'm laughing at your blue tit comment:lol: .You are in a wicked mood today!

I'm back from the framers and so excited now.I need to start painting.The dogs are exhausted after their wonderful race around the woodland.They met so many other dogs,played and had a ball so I will have peace all afternoon.I may have to turn my music up to drown out their snoring tho!

Olga I will show you the photos of my work being exhibited.The show will run for a month thru April.I can't wait to see the brochures.

Pat,I think you should sing that song and let us hear you!

See you later.

Jean.

Sharon Douglas
03-10-2006, 08:58 AM
A quick hello from me today.

Kate the paintings look fab framed, I`m sure you`ve got first, second and third prizes in the bag.

For some reason, wetcanvas has been playing up for me.
I thought it was my pewter playi ng up, but it only seems to be wc that isn`t loading properly for me :rolleyes:

Anyway :grouphug: for everyone and white light to those in need.

I mustache, take care. :wave:

Uschi
03-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! Warm and raining and WINDY!! Snow is almost gone from the garden but nothing peeking out yet.

It took me over an hour to read all the washie stories so can't remember much.

My news first, I actually went to play scrabble at the seniors center yesterday afternoon. What a hoot:lol: :lol: They have about three pages of two letter words, three letter words, words with X, words with Z, words with Q, and a dictionary sitting there which they use to look up words if they are stuck:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: Still, it was a nice afternoon out, the people are lovely

Kate, LOVE your framed paintings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jean, of course we MUST see the paintings you are putting into the show!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Char, I heard on TV news last night that there is a sleeping pill (wish I could remember the name - ambiance??????????) where people actually sleepwalk, cook bacon and eggs, and even go out and drive the car, all while they are fast asleep. They have no idea what they are doing until someone wakes them up:eek: .

JT, :clap: :clap: you are feeling better!!

JoAnne, what a wonderful surprise!!!!!!

Doug, I hope you are getting lots of $$$$$$

CRS :eek: HAWLTAIN, lots of good soup and greetings to one and ALL!!!
:wave: Uschi

mmcaloon
03-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Good Morning All :wave:

Hi To Joel, Jo, Emilia, Andrea, Jimmy, Lulu, Brenda, Emilie, Ellen, Char, JT, Liz, Olga, DOug, Jean, Jutta, Stephie, Sylvia, Ruth, Pat, JoAnn, Sharon, and all those yet to come, if there are any.

Cathie Jones - Special Good Morning to you, even though your probably sound asleep right now.

Joel - Fair looks like a lot of fun and the sausages look great, I'll have mine with onions and peppers. :D

Jo - got that B bird done yet. Have a great Friday rest day.

Emilia - Its that kind of place sometimes.

Christie - I am jealous of you, I can barely speak English.

Andrea - been missing you.

Jimmy - Have a good sleep

Lulu - Have fun at the game

Ellen - goodnight, and probably good morning now.

Emilie - how was your visit to Sherman.

Brenda - Welcome to the wash. I like Celtic music as well - yup a its in the genes.:thumbsup:

Char - looking to watching the movie this weekend. My grandson is soo into Harry Potter. Has his own cape and knows by heart the various speels and what they do.

Jt - glad to hear of the burst of energy and good night and get more.

Liz - Sometimes it comes out whirled peas.:D

Olga - At least you can do the days of the week I think I can count to three ina couple language. Oh and I can order a beer in Spanish. Kind of a requirement here.

DOug - the stickies and indexes are just great.

Jean - make sure you take Bailey for his walk you know how he can be.

Kate - your painting look just great. Love the Macbeth series

Jutta - looking forward to see framed paintings. I have missed Lyn also, I wonder whats up. Also Fookie and Pam have gone missing.

Stephie - I'll bet you haven't forgotten how to paint.

Sylvia - how have your classes been going? You were going to try the WC Canvas last I remember,How did that workout?

Ruth - sorry to hear housework won out yesterday, rooting for it today.

Pat - Huh, SOund like my Grandmaother yelling at us kids in Gaelic

Sharon - Quick Hello back at you.

Uschi - Sounds like you had a great time at the center.

Well its so late and I've got to get going.

I know Arnold paints vertically and I think Jean does as well, wonder if it is a Welch thing?

BBL

lizcar57
03-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Morning all!

Whew, was just going to spend a quick minute here -- yikes

Good day everyone

Olga
03-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Just stopping in for a sec to wish....

Happy Birthday, Deb!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Mar-2006/7629-amaryllis_003sm.jpg

Olga

Cathie Jones
03-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Mike! Thank you, I feel so special!! And I don't think I was sleeping then . . . been up since (my time) 5:00 . . . and 4:30 . . . and 2:20 . . . and 1:30 . . . and 12:00 . . . . . . . can you tell I had a bad allergy night? :rolleyes:

Jean, I'd give anything to attend your show!!! Please post photos of the brochure!!

Kate, I love your portraits . . . definitely winners, every one!!

Placido Domingo is the music director of the L.A. Opera. He was supposed to have sung the leading role in "Parsifal" a couple of months ago, but had a cold. The staging was awful - minimalist - and the singing didn't make it worth staying - it's the first one we've walked out on, and we see about 10 per year.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Mar-2006/23460-bday_cake.gif

:wave: Weaving to everyone else and AWAYTC . . . see y'all later!!

madmum
03-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Pat, the translation helped on a few words :D I read it through out loud and got most of it, but I'd never heard of "petty", "Lanry" or "th'esshole". Wiganese is a language all its own! ;) Plus Warrington is a good hour from Wigan, and had a totally different dialect.

Happy birthday Deb!!!!!!

Olga, gorgeous amaryllis!!!!

Housework won again, no painting. I hoped to try Jean's cat demo, but can't choose a cat :rolleyes:

I saw Lynmom had popped into the Jade Scarlett thread, so she's lurking (((((((Lynmom)))))) Hope you're well!

Sharon, have you got cookies enabled and whatnot?

ROFL @ Doug :lol: I just knew you'd jump on that comment :D

Kids are coming home, and DH will be in soon, too - there goes my painting opportunity!

Hugs and alphabet soup,

Ruth

lentil
03-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Good morning from sunny Saskatchewan. I love it when things start to look like spring. It makes everyone feel so much better and everyone has more energy. We’ve had it pretty easy this winter though. Not like our friends in Ontario and east of them.

Happy birthday to Deb. Hope you have the best one yet.

Ahhhh, Friday. I love Fridays. We are starting to get geared up for dance competitions so I have to do some last minute running around to be ready for next weekend. My daughter has danced since she was three. She is now seventeen and next year will be her last year of dance. I will miss it terribly and she is already dreading the final recital. We have had so much fun doing this and had so many laughs.

Kate, I wanted to mention your framed pieces. They are fantastic!! I would love to give something like that a try someday. I would love to do my kids and my dad. He had the kind of face that had so much character.

Just wanted to pop in to wish everyone a great day and a greater weekend. Toodles…..

Brenda

jaydiva
03-10-2006, 10:39 AM
:music: :music: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB:music: :music:

Yorky
03-10-2006, 10:45 AM
ROFL @ Doug I just knew you'd jump on that comment

Guess I'm just predictable :rolleyes:

Doug

pampe
03-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Olga...my amaryllis is just beginning ti open...will post a photo when it does...that is beautiful

HAPPY BIRTHDAY , Deb

WAY too much to read....just know I am thinking of everyone and wishing you all the best

painterbear
03-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Hi again,
Waiting for FedEx to deliver my next proofing project so I thought I'd check in here and see what's been happening since I was here earlier.

Sylvia - how have your classes been going? You were going to try the WC Canvas last I remember,How did that workout?

Mike, I'm still working on the WC canvas painting. I'm finding it frustrating because I am dab, dab, dabbing the colors on. You can't put a normal wash on top of another wash because the dampness lifts the underneath color right off. :rolleyes: I just put a few more coats on the leafy areas trying to get them to have enough color on them.

I take two watercolor classes—one on Monday afternoons, the other on Thursday mornings. I enjoy them because the teachers, Nita Leland and Diane Coyle, are both very talented painters and know how to help those of us who are less experienced "see" things in our references and can show us how to do different techniques. I also like the camaraderie of painting with fellow artists. It is fun to watch everyone's work develop, just like here, each person has their own style and area of interest to paint.

Uschi, I saw that report about the sleepwalking after taking the sleeping pill, Ambien, on the news last night, too. So, if you are taking Ambien, or any sleeping aid, be sure the keys to the car are somewhere safe and the doors are locked so you don't go roaming the neighborhood in your pjs. :evil:

Think I'll check out the Gallery and Studio while I have the time.

Ta ta,

Sylvia

JustjoGA
03-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Emilia, I just do this:

Type in: (without the space)

paste the sentence or paragraph you want to enter

Then {/quote ] (again without the space)

You should get this:
[quote]paste the sentence or paragraph you want to enter

Works for me :D

JustJo

Christie
03-10-2006, 11:38 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NODAKERDEB:thumbsup:

Kids are playing quietly (kind of) and I am expecting a quiet day here.:) Maybe even painting...:)

Emilia, great idea for bleach spots. May have to try that on a couple of shirts...

Pat, loved the poem, but did NOT understand it until the translation.:)

Hi to everyone, CRS has taken over.:) Arghhh....

Take care.

laudesan
03-10-2006, 12:00 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB!! http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Mar-2006/22284-14007-BdayCakeanim.gif

Whoever it is that's *witching* the SNOW can just stop it right now...:D Hehehehehehehe....

Great isn`t it, we had a real snow fall last night, it is deep soft and beautiful..:D

What sad new about Jade, me heart goes out to her..

Olga beautiful photo..

Brenda Welcome..:wave:

I sure do wish I had paid more attention to my french lessons right now..:p

I have read the wash crs, but love and hugs to all!!

Wow look at all the stickys' in the wash cafe.. :eek:

lentil
03-10-2006, 12:30 PM
JJ....so glad that you're enjoying the snow. I've lived here all my life and love the change of seasons. I look forward to the first snowfall but if it would disappear the day after Christmas, life would be perfect!!!

Brenda

jaytee
03-10-2006, 12:45 PM
MANY HAPPY RETURNS DEB

JustjoGA
03-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Hi, All...

Back from my errands, so two items crossed off my list :)

Kate ... vous etes un amoreaux :)
And ... Dan is un tres gorgeaux homme (ooh, la, la) :D
And oh, yes, the paintings look fab too...

Jean, buon giorno, signora...

Pat :D I got most of it but some words just don't translate
to Southern English :D :D

Gosh, this is almost as much fun as Kate's Words of the Day threads.
I miss that ...

I too hope that Lyn is OK. It's only 8 weeks to the TN Spring Fling,
you know...

:wave: to all who have come thru since I last posted. :grouphug:

JustJo

Aquarelle10
03-10-2006, 12:55 PM
:clap: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

The day has flown by.I think I need 48 hour days lately.:(

I have painted my B bird but sadly one of the cats I painted ate it so I may need to be excused this week!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Will Jo believe me?

Mike Bailey is really happy right now but my camera isnt working!:o

I took the camera to the camera shop and was told it's over four years old which is old for a digital camera! Is that true?:confused: Anyway I'm trying a new rechargeable battery first then I'll decide what to do next!

See you all tomorrow.

Jean.:wave:

Oops Hi Jo,we crossposted!

jaydiva
03-10-2006, 01:18 PM
:clap: Tim comes to visit this weekend!!! He will be here tomorrow around noon :clap: My one and only favorite son :) Gotta go shopping tomorrow morning as i always make Care Packages for him to take home. Life back in the Rhein-Main area is so incredibly expensive :eek: the costs for housing, heating gas and electricity are enormous. So we support the poor boy with food etc.

Jean, with the digital cameras it is much like with a new computer, the moment you buy it it is outdated. I don't care really as long as it works.

Lucky Sylvia, two watercolour classes :envy:

Ah Lynmom has been spotted {{{{ Lyn }}}} :heart:

off to make some supper. We'll have fish and bulgur with veggies (bulgur is coarse wheat, a turkish dish).

BBL
Behave
HAWLTAIN

yahooserious
03-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone....

Mike... I'm still in Sherman. Todd and Michele had to work this week, so I'm the spring break nanny. It's a good thing we didn't set up a time to meet for ice cream, we've been busy. Swimming. Roller skating. Friends over. Friends spent the night last night. Baseball practice. Clogging practice... and on... Mimi's pooped. But I'm not complaining. The kid's friends are cute kids and I've known them for a while. Get this: ....Claire's friend Maddie's grandmother owns one of the funeral homes here in Sherman. They've been here forever, I think. (My Kenny and Maddie's uncle Charlie were good friends). Anyway, Claire loves to spend the night with Maddie and Maddie's Mimi and go to the funeral home. It's in a huge old house and they have the run of the place except for certain areas... Claire almost started playing an organ in a room where there was a body in a casket!!:eek: One of the guys in a suit got to them in time, tho...:D

Pat... I understood the part about a mangle... you don't want to get a certain body part in one of those!:D and "pegging" must be refering to putting the laundry on a clothesline.. That's about all I could get.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEB!!!

Uschi... When I was so ill in the last year or so I started sleep walking... I take Ambien. I would get up in the middle of the night and make a peanut butter and jelly snack on crackers, take it back to bed with me and eat it in bed. The first time I woke up with a plate on the night stand and jelly on my pillowcase I was shocked and bewildered!! I'd also get a glass of milk to drink with it... I was afraid to tell anyone but David bacause I thought they'd think I'm nuts.......:D .....anyway, David had seen me up and getting into the kitchen when he was still up watching a movie and he thought I was awake... All I did was have the crackers with peanut butter and jelly with milk to drink, so I always made sure I had plenty of all of that because I was afraid I'd get in the car and drive to the all-night grocery store!:eek: I think it must be related to being under a lot of stress. I was going through a lot of stuff at the time and having a lot of problems because of it... Now that I'm a lot better it doesn't happen any more.. It is nice to know I'm not the only person who has done that...:D . When I told my doctor he made me take sleep studies...Where you go to a place and sleep with all that stinkin' stuff stuck to your body, head and so on. Of course I did'nt sleep walk with all that stuff stuck to me and there was no refrigerator with milk and peanut butter and jelly!!... Had to do it twice and then I just quit worrying about it....

I'm on dial-up and am sooooo not used to how slow it is. Haven't had much time to keep up with everything...Better make sure the kids aren't destroying the playroom..... They're awfully quiet.........

I'll say HAPTAIN and :grouphug:

Emilie

dahliaman
03-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Hiya all,

Jimmy!!! You still didn't tell me what "doing a Jo" is.I'm sorry Jo I must have missed you somewhere along the way. "doing a Jo" is starting a wash, saying good morning, then going to bed. LOL

Hmmm Jean just would not accept this as playing playing the game of cricket you know ol girl, you know what I mean, fair play and all that. No offence taken I hope.

Wigan Pat,
I understood the lingo, :thumbsup: Eeee yer carnt hod a gud Lankishur lass darn :lol: or on reflection after going to the Wigan site? it sounds more like Yorkie :rolleyes:

I'm off to the Barrow Artist's AGM tonight, hoping not to get roped into committee officers work. TTFN

Lulu
03-10-2006, 03:02 PM
morning all! Saturday 9 am here.

Happy Birthday to Deb! and many happy returns!

Exciting game last night, our boys just lost to the Canterbury Crusaders (just as well Rod's too busy to read this! lol). Was a sell-out crowd, so you can imagine the atmosphere.

Pat, believe it or not I can understand a lot of that but can imagine I would be totally confused if I heard it irl! lol

Have a great day everyone:wave:

Mark G
03-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Hey all,

Getting a chance to look at the wash during lunch - my a lot of you have been busy already!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB:clap:

Hope all have a good day - I'll get back on when I get home.

Mark

hopefulbucky
03-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Pat you know me, I CAN UNDERSTAND IF I READ it just can't understand it if you speak it as you talk way way way too fast. Remember slow is good.

LOL

Back to work, this Friday should have ended at 8a.m. that is the kind of horrible day I am having.

Please shoot up a few little prayers from my brother, Rod, who is in the hospital, had surgery yesterday, not getting into it but would appreciate just keeping him in mind. Thanks

BBL

jaytee
03-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Judy..............white light to brother Rod........

ameliajordan
03-10-2006, 04:31 PM
It's 4:30 PM and there are already 93 posts!!!! So I can not possibly respond to each! We went to an orange juice plant today. Had to watch a movie because they no longer let you in the actual plant. Still very interesting. Tomorrow go back out to look at house colors :eek:

WLAHTAIN and :grouphug: Hope to get back later :wave:

Europa
03-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Wigan Pat,
I understood the lingo, :thumbsup: Eeee yer carnt hod a gud Lankishur lass darn :lol: or on reflection after going to the Wigan site? it sounds more like Yorkie :rolleyes:

Sounds like Yorkie :eek: - wash your mouth out with soap young man!!! We is much more edumacated than them lot o'er the pennines. :p :evil:

Judy - I dont talk fast - its cos we were always in the pub when you heard me - need i say more (Hic!!)...:evil: :p

Sending white light and hugs to your brother (((((((Rod))))))

Am off to check out the gallery

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

Uschi
03-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Well, amongst other things I painted Jean's classroom kitty and although I did everything wet in wet, the kitty looks very prim and proper and not like a loose, immoral cat. Made me think, I paint mostly wet in wet and yet paintings look tight :rolleyes: I guess I just paint wet in wet moe carefully:angel: :lol: :lol:

Emilie, GOSH, I know it is not a laughing matter but :lol: :lol: I used to sleepwalk when I was a kid, so did my oldest son, but cooking and driving a car, that's a bit dangerous. I am sure glad you don't do this any more and I don't know if I ever said that (I think I did) but I am sooooooooooo happy you are well and part of our group again!! I was worried and thinking about you the whole time you were gone.

Talking about drugs, I just heard on the radio that babies whose mothers were taking Prozac (and another one I can't remember) while pregnant are born with some pulmanory condition. Will listen closer at next news.

Jean, I bought my camera (nothing at all fancy) 3 years ago on sale for $ 450.00 Canadian and the very same camera is now selling for around $ 100

Jutta, wonderful!!! You are a good Mammi!!!

Judy, white light going to your brother!!!

Oh Amalia - WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL news re purchase of your new home in Florida!!!!!

Char!!!!!! How are things going with the wild cats??????????????

Languages, apart from English I speak German and Swiss dialect, a language all of its own:wink2:

:wave: Uschi

Yorky
03-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Sounds like Yorkie - wash your mouth out with soap young man!!! We is much more edumacated than them lot o'er the pennines.

EYUP! :eek:

Wi've oreddy settled this wi't War o't Roses!:wink2:

Doug

Lulu
03-10-2006, 06:58 PM
you two (Doug and Pat) remind me of Coronation Street! or Billy LOL

Have just made a yummy pizza for lunch. Quick and easy, no yeast, used baking powder.

Judy, adding prayers for Rod to our list.

Talking of sleepwalking, John used to do that. Hasn't for quite a long time now though. The scariest was when we were away from home and were staying in a motel for the night. He dissapeared out the door for a while....

Europa
03-10-2006, 07:36 PM
EYUP! :eek:

Wi've oreddy settled this wi't War o't Roses!:wink2:

Doug

Exactly - seeing as we actually won it!!! :thumbsup: :p

Pat

laudesan
03-10-2006, 08:09 PM
JJ....so glad that you're enjoying the snow. I've lived here all my life and love the change of seasons. I look forward to the first snowfall but if it would disappear the day after Christmas, life would be perfect!!!

Brenda

:D

CharM
03-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Hi everyone... Since Matt is at work, I've been working on his kitty painting instead of washing up the supper dishes! :eek: I've reached a *stopping point*, so thought I'd pop in here and then clean up my kitchen... and then it'll be time to go get the boy...

The sun tried to shine today... with the dark sky, it was a magnificent sight...

None of us sleepwalk... THANK GOODNESS!!! Jonathon used to guffaw loudly in his sleep, though... I never, ever knew what was so funny...

We now have 6 wild cats... two BIG toms have arrived on the scene... I now know which are the male cats in the first bunch of 4 that arrived... The big toms are fighting with them and it's been terrible... Ted has purchased the live trap, so when we get back from Jon's place next week, we'll be catching kitties I'm afraid...

White light beaming to your brother Rod, Judy!!

:wave: All... warm thoughts, positive energy and HAWLTAIN!!

mmcaloon
03-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Well as of today I am off until March 20th. Except for 3 doctor visits next wekk I plan to paint....

I will not stare at empty paper...

well at least that is the plan.

I will say my good nights as I plan to just vegitate tonight. Goodnight all..
Lyn, Pam, Fookee, Spritey, Chris, Andrea ...where ever you are, Goodnight

(psst is there a "meet" no one tolds us about?)

HAWLTAIN

Becky-Bob
03-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Just watching Patricia Routledge on the BBC - I just can't see her as anything but Hyacinth Bouquet (http://www.tvheaven.ca/kup.htm). :D

Doug

Doug I LOVE her!! Such an actress!! :thumbsup:

Evening and good night, and probably good morning to each as it applies.

Spent the day at my daugthers. Did up laundry and we waited for the plummer to come and unclog pipes in the kitchen. He said the pipes were so long he felt he was certain he had reached into the neighbors house as well. But finally clear pipes...and probably the cheapest plummer in town at a flat $65...which I payed....but SHHHHH...don't tell my husband! :o

Ach...I'm exhausted, and now CRS about anything else that was posted. Any word from Jackie? Thinking of her and her family at this time. {{{{Jackie}}}}

Well, I think its to bed soon. ALPHABET SOUP to all. Everybody says the other one, but at least I know how to spell this one. :wave: Banxy been around?

Emilia
03-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Syl Emilia, Not sure I should tell you this or not, can't tell what I might unleash here in the Wash, but, whenever you want to quote someone, all you do is copy and paste what it is you want to quote, then type {quote} in front of it and {/quote} after it—only use brackets [ ] instead of { }. That's how I do it. It will appear in the quote box once you send the message. You can do that with however many things you want to quote.[quote]

EDIT: And if you put = Doug] inside the first brackeet you'll get my name too. Doug

Thanks Syl for passing this info to me. Lets see if it works.

[quote= Doug]
However I don't know any pigs that speak Latin, so I have no us for it.

Doug you made me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Jaytee, I do know how to quote One at a time but not 3 or 4 in one reply. Just as I am trying now above. I will try what you wrote later. I want to see if the above will work as Syl suggested

Hi Olga, Jean,:wave:
I am still reading this thread while the Saturday is all ready started by Lulu.:)

dudleyze
03-10-2006, 11:26 PM
Heeelllooow everyone!!!

Sure is a lot of stuff going on here for a Vendredi...... (please pass the mustard and is there sauerkraut?)

Did I hear right? That Joel has offerd to do our laundry ladies, in addition to cooking up some brautwurst...... I suggest we take him up on his proposal.

I'm thinking of taking a trip - what with all these translators here on wc - I'll know who to call when I travel abroad - (Poland - Emelia)
(France - Charm) (southern U.S. - Just Jo) (Wiganese ?- Pat) (Foreign cookbooks - Sylvia) (Emilie - any latin country)
(Chris - eeerm, canadian?) (and Christie - all others)

I should have a good time and hopefully can find the good rest stops, thanks to my handy guides.......

Okay, John Boy - you know the routine

Clam chowder everyone...... see you tomorrow, or the day after, depending on your time zone.

Hugs - Carol

Emilia
03-10-2006, 11:38 PM
"I'm thinking of taking a trip - what with all these translators here on wc - I'll know who to call when I travel abroad - (Poland - Emelia) "

Sure Carol any time

Hi Mike:wave: Waiting for my Y Bird? :lol:

dudleyze
03-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Emilia - Will you give me your phone number just in case I get to Poland?

I have a quarter.

Carol

matingara
03-11-2006, 01:56 AM
Did I hear right? That Joel has offerd to do our laundry ladies, in addition to cooking up some brautwurst...... I suggest we take him up on his proposal.

Wha?

:) :) :)